Two Hearts to Make a Maniac

Chapter Twenty-Five

I sat in the corner of Harvey Dent's hospital room, a hand clamped over my mouth, to keep myself from laughing. Seriously, if you would have seen that you wouldn't be able to not laugh. That, happened to be the Joker. Except he wasn't wearing his normal clothing. He was wearing a hospital nurses outfit and wig. It was hilarious!

A small giggle escaped and clenched my teeth tighter.

"Shut up, or I'll shoot you!" The Joker whispered. I nodded my body shaking with silent laughs.

"Davis!" A cop shouted walking through the halls. He opened Dent's door and walked right behind the Joker. "Ma'am, we're going to have to move him now-"

The Joker turned around and shot him in the head. As soon as he lowered his gun, I burst out laughing, pointing at him. I rolled onto the ground trying to catch my breath, though still laughing.

"Oh GOD if you could see yourself! You look like some transvestite with no boobs!" I cackled rolling around.

A shadow fell over me, as he towered above me. "Well then maybe I should just chop your's off and use them." He suggested grinning.

I gasped and covered my chest. "You wouldn't dare!" I shouted, glaring up at him.

He leaned down further his face getting closer to mine. "Believe me, I really would." He stood up straight and walked over to Dent's bed. "Crank-ity-crank-crank." He muttered cranking up Dent into a sitting position. The Joker peeled of his surgical mask making Dent go ballistic trying to get to him. I jumped up, grabbing the Joker's discarded gun and aimed it at Dent. The Joker himself sat down in a chair by Dent's bed. "Hi." He greeted grinning. Dent gave one last lunge at him then laid back down. The Joker took off his wig and shook his head, setting his greasy hair back into place. "You know, I don't want there to be any hard feelings between you and me, Harvey. When you and-uh-"

"RACHEL!" Dent screamed making the Joker wave his hands in the air, a bit shocked.

"And Rachel were being abducted, I was sitting in Gordon's cell. I didn't rig those charges.

Dent snapped his head towards me. "Your men, your plan." He muttered.

"Hey! Don't look at me I was still kooked up in that god forsaken hell hole!" I snapped angrily lowering the gun.

"Ebby."

"What?" I snapped impatiently at the Joker.

"Leave." He commanded.

"Wha-"

"Lllleeaaavvee." I rolled my eyes and walked out, feeling a little left out.

[[Third Person POV]]

Turning back to Dent, the Joker licked his lips. "Do I really look like a guy with a plan? I'm like a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! I just do."

Dent struggled in his bed thrashing back and forth. "I swear I'm going to kill you!"

The Joker rolled his eyes and scooted closer to Dent. "Look, I know what it's like to be left ALL alone in this world. Your girlfriend died, my wife left me for no reason. But 'ya see, things get better. Like that girl you there," He added jabbing his finger at Ebby whose silhouette could be seen through the glass door. "She makes things a little better. She may not realize it, but she does. And she's nice to have around, likes to shoot things. But people, people with plans, they can mess it all up. The mob has plans, the cops have plans! Gordon's got plans." He pressed pointing a finger at Dent. "You know, they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little world! I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are! So when I say, come here," He muttered grabbing Dent's hand, "so when I say what happened to you and your girlfriend was nothing personal, you know that I'm telling the truth." The Joker got up and began to untie Dent from his restraints. "It's the schemers who put you where you are. You were a schemer, you had plans! But look where that got 'ya."

Dent bolted up right grabbing for him, but the Joker easily restrained him. The whole time Ebby was outside worrying about what was going on in the room.

"I just did what I do best! I just took your little plan and turned it on itself! Look what I did to this city," he started leaning over Dent. "with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hm? You know-you know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow I say I'd like a gang banger shot or a truck full of soldiers will got blown up! Nobody panics. Because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that one, little old mare will dieā€¦then everyone looses their mind!" He exclaimed, sounding close to hysterics. Leaning upwards he reaches into his nurse outfit and pulls out a gun. "Introduce a little anarchy." He grabs Dent's hand, putting the gun in it then pressing it to his own head. "Upset the established order, then everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh! And you know the thing about chaos? It's fear."

Breathing heavily, Dent pulls up his father's lucky coin, showing the clean side. "You live," He began then flipped it to the burnt side, "you die."

"Now we're talking."

Ebby, in all her nosiness, had turned around and watched through the glass. Her heart was pounding at abnormal rates and her mind was going wild. She had no clue what was going on inside. All she knew was that Dent had a gun to the Joker's head. Dent flipped the coin, and things seemed to slow down. Ebby was biting her lip nervously, fear prominent in her eyes. Finally, the gun landed back in Dent's hand, clean face up.

The Joker grinned then stood up, taking off all of Dent's restraints. Dent stood up, and put on his clothes. Both men strode towards the door, Dent flinging it open making Ebby stumbled back falling onto her butt. She looked up at both men, an surprised, innocent, face. Dent looked at her, emotions flashing before his eyes, but soon they turned cold again. The Joker strode past Dent and picked Ebby up.

"Now, go get them schemers." The Joker said, grinning.

Without another word, Dent quickly walked out the back exit. Ebby darted her eyes from the Joker to the exit doors, confused.

"Lets go!" The Joker hollered dragging Ebby off, not before stopping by a soap dispenser and cleaning his hands. He reached into his nurse outfit, making Ebby giggle, and took out a bomb trigger. "Cah-boom!" He cackled pressing down the button.

As the building began to explode, the Joker and Ebby walked out casually. After they were half way to a bus, the Joker looked back at the building.

"What?" Ebby asked curiously.

"It's not working." He muttered shaking it.

"Here. Gimme." She ordered grabbing away the trigger and pressing it several times. Suddenly a giant boom went off behind them. "Shit!" She screamed throwing the trigger in the air then running after the Joker into a nearby bus.

"That was fun!" He cackled then turned to the people in the bus. "Now, Ladies and Gentlemen, we're going to play a little game."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, twenty-five already! Seriously it's been what ten? Eleven days? Bajesus! And we're already getting close to the end. Well i've got it all thought out(the ending and the start of the sequel) so be prepared ye' all. Hope you enjoyed the update.

-Babylon