Two Hearts to Make a Maniac

Chapter Twenty-Six

[[Rebecca/Ebby's POV]]

I sat, giggling, in one of the bus chairs, keeping the reporter suspended in the air by a piece of rope. He held a bunch of papers in his hands that the Joker had given him. The Joker, was still dressed in a nurses outfit. Hilarious.

"Action." The Joker chuckled turning on the video camera acquired from a camera man.

"I'm Mike Gangle for Gotham Tonight. 'What does it take you people to wanna join in. You failed to kill the lawyer, I've got to get you off the bench and into the game."

"Game." The Joker muttered after the anchor man said it.

"Come nightfall the city is mine."

"Mine".

"And anyone left here plays by my rules."

"Ruullless…"

"If you don't want to be in the game get out now."

"Out now."

"The bridge and tunnel crowd are sure for a surprise. Haha-haha."

The Joker began to laugh and turned the camera at himself before switching it off.

The people on the bus muttered among themselves. I lowered the anchor man to the ground and untied his feet. Terror stuck in his eyes, I rolled my eyes and stepped away.

"Your so stupid. Why are you so afraid! You face death every day! Why should you fear today from any other day?" I growled stepping away from them.

The bus lurched to a stop in front of a building. I turned to look at the Joker but he was up at the front talking to at least ten men and handing out duck tape. Not knowing what to do, I sat in one of the seats, pulling my knees to my chest. I was becoming unbearably tired again.

"Get up." The rough voice of the Joker ordered.

I groaned and scooted back further in the seat. "I'm tired, just kill me along with the rest of these people." I mumbled swatting my hand at him.

Growling, he yanked my arm dragging me out of the seat, throwing me over his shoulder. I didn't bother to struggle, just buried my face into his back. He still smelled like blood and tears. Just like how he smelled when we first really met. Soon, I was thrown into the van.

I didn't talk as we drove to …somewhere. Finally we came to a stop, parked in the hideouts garage. I pulled myself up and looked over at the Joker. He was leaning down on the steering wheel, looking at me. I furrowed my brows and turned my head.

"What's your name?" I asked.

Shock.

That's what was written across his face.

"It's the Joker toots." He said, putting on a false smile.

"Damn it!" I snapped slamming my fist on the dash. "You know what I mean! I know who you pretend to be! At least tell me who you are before you leave me dead." I growled closing my eyes tightly.

[[Third Person POV]]

The Joker sat dumbstruck. He did NOT expect that. It had been years since he'd felt any romantic feelings towards anyone. And now the one he does have feelings for thinks he's going to just let her die. He was at a loss for words. Set a crowd of police in front of him and he could somehow escape and kill them all. But he didn't know what to say to her. So he did the next best thing.

Grabbing her chin, he kiss her, his paint smearing onto her face. Ebby kissed back furiously directing all her anger into the kiss. Without a second thought the Joker pulled her into the back of the van.

He loved her. How she wasn't weak. Even in her weakness it appeared more as fury and frustration. He didn't want some weak wall flower he wanted this raging killer of a girl. Tonight when it all of this chaos would begin, he wanted her there. He wanted her to laugh her short sputters of laughter. He wanted to see the excitement flare in her eyes as the whole city began to burn before them. All of that, he wanted to endure it with her.

Never in a million years would The Joker be thought to have these feelings. They surprised he himself. But the first time he saw her he knew that these feelings would develop. She reeked of the insanity he needed. The killing lust that would form. The unwavering loyalty that would come to life.

Though, maybe, he wasn't as crazy as he depicted himself to be. Maybe part of it was a façade. To trick and torment his opponents. Maybe to give him an excuse to be mad about all the things that have gone wrong in his life.

His father.

His former wife.

Himself as well.

But, he did have something to keep from really becoming that insane. And she was beneath him, feeling hurt, confused, and useless.

The Joker bent down brushing his lips across her's. He bent down further till his breath hit her ear, sending a involuntary shiver down her spine.

"Jack Napier." He answered.

"Then by fucking god, I love you Jack Napier, you crazy-assed killer." Ebby laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that one was a mushy one again.

I've estimated I have at least two or three chapters to go till the end of 'Two Hearts To Make A Maniac' then it's on to the sequel! Just to tease you(or not) I'm going to tell you some characters that will be added.

The Penguin
The Riddler
Bane(Note this character was only in the comics)
Firefly(Also from comics)
Facade(Comics once again)

aaaannnnnddd

ROBIN THE BOY WONDER! aka Dick Grayson, he wont be the eight year old boy but a young man in his mid twenties.

So I just felt like putting that.

-Babylon