Two Hearts to Make a Maniac

Chapter Three

"Oh god…." Was all I managed to say as light sifted through my tired eyes. Every inch of my body sore and on fire. Feeling that I realized Gramps did come back and kill me and I was now in hell. Fully opening my crust caked eyes I found out to be quite the opposite. I was in a hospital. Why the hell was I in the hospital!? I wasn't shot! Oh my god what's on my chest!

Shooting up I patted down my chest and found wire taped to it. Following the wire I saw it was connected to the heart monitor. Hell if it wasn't pumping something into me I didn't need it. So, bye-bye heart monitor! I ripped it off my chest quickly and soon regretting it. As the monitor went crazy I held my chest mouthing 'ow' several times.

Three people came bursting through the door. A nurse and two guys who looked like businessmen. They all stared wide-eyed as I sat on the bed with the monitor still screaming. The nurse quickly went over and unplugged the monitor then grabbed the wire and reached to put it back on me.

"Oh no you don't!" I barked putting my hands out in defense. The nurse glared indignantly at me and tried to attach the wire to me again. "Look lady! I'm breathing, I'm talking, hell! I could even do the quick step around the hospital. So don't stick that thing back on me. Now where are my clothes. I need to go home, my phones probably full of thousands of fucking messages." I grumbled looking around the room.

Someone cleared their throat adverting me from my hunt. The nurse had left and the men stood there. Oh, they must be the cops. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. "Ms. Leal, we'd like to ask you some questions." One with glasses began.

"How many? Just saying some isn't a definite number therefore meaning you could ask me three questions or thirty. Besides what's the use of announcing it, it's not an event you know. Then again you hoity-toity police officials are always snooty and like to waste others time because your just oh-so special. Look, I'll just go ahead and answer your stupid questions. I did not see their faces. There were, maybe, four. He came in blazing guns and shot everyone. I know for a fact he missed me purposely. As he drove away he said "I let you live! Now tell all your friends.". Then he left, none of them even touched me." I explained monotone. These people annoyed me already.

The two stood staring at me as if I'd just told them I shit eggs. "Um, well…" the other man began. "Ms. Leal I am Harvey Dent and this is Commissioner Gordon. Before I ask anything else, you said they never even touched you. Correct? Then how did you get all those bruises?" He asked motioning to several black and blue patches on my body.

"Oh," I muttered looking at my arm distastefully. "One of the other people who were at the lake did this to me. There was a party and I was hanging out at the dock. They came over and messed with me. I didn't do a damn fucking thing and they started beating the shit out of me. If those people had come later they probably would have found one of there targets battered and raped." I flashed them a quick smile and hopped from the bed. God that thing was uncomfortable. But I've gotta find my clothes. That really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. My clothes were placed in a chair, and they were folded. That creeped me out a bit. Turning to face the two men I saw them conversing quite quickly. "Gentlemen, I must ask you to leave the room while I change. Feel free to not stick around."

They left, agitated I had not been any help, or just because they didn't like me. That would make them dick heads. Anyways, the second the door closed I stripped off my hospital gown and donned my jeans and t-shirt. I ignored the aches as I put them on, the bruises would heal soon there was no reason to make them a big deal. After pulling them on I sat in the chair. I combed through my hair a few times getting knots and tangles out of it. I was hurting at the moment I just needed to sit. Last night was confusing. I really didn't give a flip if I killed someone, but Gramps was up to something. If it was bad, I don't care, I just want to know.

"Ms. Leal?" One of the men called. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fucking fine just give me a second!" I snapped back. They were still here, oh joy. Pushing myself up I headed towards the door. Both Dent and Gordon were outside the room talking again but they fell silent upon seeing me. Why did they have to bug me? "Please, just leave me alone. I'm already going to have reporters chasing my ass once this gets out to the public. I really don't need this." I rubbed my temples shaking my head. This was going to be a long day.

Gordon stared at me a flash of anger coming over him. "Ma'am I don't think you realize who you met last night. This man is a murderer and a sociopath. Don't you realized he killed thirteen innocent people?" He stressed.

Now it was my turn to be angry. I walked straight up to him and grabbed his collar. "Those people are not 'innocent' as you chose to call them! They watched me get beaten and nearly raped! Not one person stood up for me! Hell! I should be thanking that sociopath!" In all my ranting I let go of Gordon and flung my hands in the air.

"He would hurt you just as much." Dent pointed out.

"Well then I guess I'll have chose a side on who I like more." I muttered. Now, I was done with these people. Without another word I strode away from the two men. I didn't need this. I just really didn't need this. God knows when I go to sessions Crane will pound me with questions. I really wanted to just sleep at the moment. But you know what? It will take me at least an hour for me to get home because some TIGHTWAD stole my damned bike. Filthy bastard…or bitch. Don't care they're just stupid.

While I made my way through the hospital Gordon and Dent tried to get me but I easily evaded them. I felt relief rush over me as I stood outside the building. Ok, the asylum and the hospital make me uneasy. I placed my hand over my heart and closed my eyes.

Bum-bum…bum-bum…

Still the same heart beat, nothings changed. Smiling, I opened my eyes. Then I turned my head to the right. My bike, Niveus, was leaning up against the building something sticking onto it's handlebar. It felt almost dreamlike as I walked over to it. Most people would be thinking 'Yay! My bike!' but seriously? What are the odds of getting back your stolen bike after telling one person? More unnerving that the bike was conveniently at the hospital. I grabbed the piece of paper that was taped to the handlebar.

'Hope you told the police about our little party and here's your bike. Be seeing you soon toots.

The Joker'


Taped to the note was a playing card. A Joker card to be exact. Hopping onto my bike I couldn't help but smile. I've killed a person. I found my bike. Oh! And I'm practically dancing with the devil. I think that's quite an accomplishment to make in just twenty-four hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry this one is shorter than the other two but I feel it was right to end it right here. I might post another one or two tomorrow because I've got that much time on my hands.

Comments are nice :]

-Babylon