Two Hearts to Make a Maniac

Chapter Five

Gramps. The Joker. Or whatever the heck you'd prefer to call him stood in my apartment playing with my radio. He looked over his shoulder, giving me a ruby red smirk. But the smirk held something that I didn't like. His smile was that of a predator. He left the radio and stalked towards me. I locked the door behind me as I walked in keeping my distance from the Joker. He seemed to enjoy this because he began to laugh as we circled each other. An image of two hungry wolves flashed into mind. We were practically acting as if we were on Animal Planet!

"What do you want?" I asked stepping away from the circle we had been going in.

This apparently was extremely funny because as soon as it left mouth he was reeling on the ground laughing. He gives a whole new meaning to 'Co-co for Cocopuffs'. While he was reeling on the ground in hysterics I noticed something that I hadn't before. Underneath his red lips I saw scars that seemed like a continuation of his smile. I would have asked him but I'd probably end up regretting it later.

"Ah, you make me laugh." He giggled getting up and wiping away the tears from his eyes. "But you don't seem too happy. Now come on, lets put a smile on that face." I immediately noticed the glint of his knife.

I held up my hands in defense. "Oh, no! There's no need for that, see? I'll give you a smile!" I smiled widely hoping he wouldn't come any closer.

Joker smiled along with me. "There we go, much better." He squealed flopping back onto my small couch. His bright eyes glinted with sick humor as he patted the couch cushion next to him. Now that couch is only meant to hold three people and he was sitting smack dab in the middle. This meant that where ever I sat we'd probably be touching. Now, I might be sounding hypocritical but I was a little upset that, because of him, I was in the paper. "Come on, toots, I don't bite." His predatory grin widened. And I'm pretty sure he does.

"I'd wish you'd stop calling me toots, Gramps." I grumbled sitting on edge cushion pressing myself far away from him.

"Well then tell me your name toots." He instructed wrapping an arm around my shoulders and crushing me against his chest. He smelled like blood and tears. Truthfully, I liked it.

"It's Rebecca Leal. Don't call me Rebecca, I hate it. It makes me sound to fragile. Just call me Leal, and stop touching me immediately." I grumbled staring up at him. Even though I knew I should be much more angrier than this I couldn't bring myself to. Whether it was from fear I don't know.

One of his hands traveled up from my shoulder up to the back of my head. His hand clenched onto my hair yanking my head backwards at the same time pulling us up. The other moved down to the small of my back pressing us further together. I felt completely and utterly vulnerable. "I don't think you in position to order me around, Leal." He hissed giving my hair another yank.

"Jesus, fine! I'm sorry!" I yelped trying to push away from him. Letting go of my head the Joker shoved me to the ground. I held my head tenderly glaring up at the smiling maniac. The part of me who disliked him is growing. "Will you answer me now why you’re here?"

As I sat on the floor my legs splayed and my hair tussled he bent down his face too close to mine. "Because, what better way to start off a new plan than with a new little friend?" He asked cackling afterwards.

"Gramps I-"

"Leal! Opened this damned door!" That was Crane.

The sadistic smile from the other night fell onto his lips. He raised a finger to his lips signaling for me to be quiet. As I stood up carefully he walked to the door twirling the knife in his fingers. What was he up to? Unlocking the door he let Crane spill into the apartment. Crane staggered up, his eyes glaring at me murderously. But I stared straight past him. The Joker closed the door just as silently as he crept up behind Crane as he bellowed at me. He raised his right hand showing what was in it, his knife. Oh…I get it.

"Catch!" Gramps called tossing the knife over Crane's head. Just as the knife landed in my hands Crane whipped around to stare at the Joker with wide eyes.

"You!" He shrieked pointing a finger at the Joker. Well what did he expect? He did want to see him, didn't he? Now he has and he won't be seeing anything else.

Knife in hand, I rushed at Crane. At once I wrapped my arms tightly around him. "Hello." I whispered into his ear making a shiver run down his spine. It felt wonderful. "Isn't this what you wanted, Jonathan?" Running the tip of the knife up and down his neck. "Didn't you want to see him? He's here. Come on talk!" I growled piercing skin on his shoulder.

I knew he wasn't afraid of me but it felt like ecstasy to have him tremble in my arms. The Joker took out a gun and aimed it lazily at Crane. "Come on Doctor! I've never seen you so silent!" He cackled his ruby lips stretching further. As if broken from a trance Crane began to squirm uncontrollably in my arms. "You keep moving you'll get in trouble!" The Joker sang giggling afterwards seeing Crane have a flash of confusion.

"You bore me." I growled into his ear at his momentary stillness. Trailing the knife down I traced the knife along his abdomen. "Now lets get a scream from you." Swiftly, I plunged the knife into his stomach earning a rather painful scream from him. I lolled my head backwards dragging the knife upwards as it was still inside him. Rocking my head with his screams I continued to drag the knife up and down, side to side. Finally I retracted the knife slowly earning a grunt from Crane who now was slumped in my arms. "Bye Bye." I whispered before plunging the knife into his heart. He let out one more agonizing scream before he dropped to the ground.

I smiled with my own sadistic happiness, my head still lolled backwards. Pulling my head forwards I stared at Joker, smiling lightly.

"Looks like our Doctor needs a Doctor!" He squealed clapping his hands together walking over to the bloodied body of Crane. After prodding him roughly he looked at me for any reaction. "Well?" He asked expectantly. "How is my little Leal doing?"

"That felt like sex." I answered back closing my eyes and reliving every scream Crane made. Every one of his screams was like orgasm after orgasm. "Oh and I'll be happy to tag along with your little team of psychos. I think I qualify for it more now." I added grinning showing off all my teeth.

"Let the games begin!" He laughed throwing his hands up, and I laughed along with him. We laughed as the blood began to soak our shoes and Crane's pale, horrified, and dead eyes stared up at us. This was going to be wonderful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...I've really got nothing to say about this right now. So um, comments are nice!

-Babylon