Having a Split Personality

Waking up Different

I, Mike Dirnt, stumbled out of the bar, drunk. I was going to call a cab. Suddenly, I ran into a pole that seemed to have moved, but I could've been wrong. After all, I was extremely drunk. I must've run into it pretty hard, since that was the last thing I remembered before everything went black.

I woke up in my bed, my head hurting from a massive hangover. I slowly opened my eyes and got out of bed, moaning. I went into the bathroom and got some Advil out of the medicine cabinet. Billie and Tré must've brought me home.

I tried to remember anything from last night. I could only remember a strange dream I had had where there were people doing things to me with weird equipment. Then the rest happened too fast and I couldn't remember anything else.

Sighing, I swallowed the pills and went into the kitchen to make some coffee: my life source. I love coffee...

After having some, I took a shower, got changed, and drank more coffee.

Today there was going to be a band practice. In the meantime, I had drunk enough coffee to... watch TV. There was nothing else to do.

I watched something... Not sure what. I wasn't really paying attention, I was too busy thinking. I felt sorta... different. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, I just felt it.

Absentmindedly I put my hand under the seat cushion since something was under it. It just so happened to be scissors. They cut my hand and I instinctively yanked it out from under the cushion, putting it to where I could see how bad the cut was. It didn't look like I was gonna need a band-aid. I was about to go back to my thoughts when the cut suddenly healed in just a split second.

I had a quick flashback of something I couldn't remember previously:

Flashback

"We've given him super-healing abilities," a person in what seemed to be a white lab coat said.

"Wonder just how good it'll be," another said.

"Don't know, no one's ever had it before. Wonder why this one was chosen," the first one said.

"Haven't the slightest idea. You know how mysterious Arcturis can be," the second one said.

They both looked at me. I was stuck on some type of chair, sort of like a dentist's, only bigger and different looking. Also different was the fact that there were glowing bands around my wrists and ankles that kept me from moving them. It reminded me creepily of Frankenstein.

"We really don't have anything against you," the first one said to me.

"But," the second one began, "Orders is orders." The second one pressed a button on a machine next to the chair I was in. Everything went black...


End Flashback

"Whoa," I said to myself, "Weird dream... "

'It was a dream, right?" I thought.

I looked at the scissors. I took a deep breath and cut my arm. At first nothing happened, but then... it instantly healed.

"Holy-" I was cut short by a sudden pain like a huge electrical shock.

I collapsed and drifted off and dreamt...

"He's finished. Arcturis should be pleased," I heard the first one I had seen in my flashback say faintly. My eyelids were heavy and I couldn't open them yet. It seemed to be another flashback.

"We can only hope so. You know what he can do... " the other one said. Everything sounded fuzzy and faint.

"Sergo, Wesdin, get him ready for Arcturis," a third person said, walking up to the first two.

"He should be waking up any minute now, right Sergo?" said the one who I assumed was Wesdin.

"Correct," said Sergo.

Steadily their words had become clearer.

"Arcturis will soon be able to use him," Sergo said.

At the words "use him", something was unlocked within me, something powerful and great. I snapped my eyes open. "No one uses me."

I couldn't remember exactly what happened after that, but I do know I had somehow gotten free from the chair and killed Sergo, Wesdin, and the other guy, along with anyone else I found and totally destroyed the place. Then I somehow got back into my bed...