Having a Split Personality

Tempers

Tré got up and headed for the door to get someone. Acting quickly, I hit him over the head and he was knocked out. I used my powers to shut and lock the door from where I stood. I then strode over to Billie and took a deep breath, hoping it would work. I placed my hands on him and concentrated as hard as I could. I felt my eyes roll into the back of my head and then like I was falling... I couldn't make anything out. Suddenly I landed on my feet.

I looked around. It was dark and foggy: dream-like. A group of thugs appeared out of nowhere. They started beating me up. I realized this is what Billie had experienced. It hurt so badly I could hardly breathe or move. I was face down, lying in the position they had left me after beating me up. One pulled out a gun and shot. It hit me in the back. I heard sirens and the thugs disappeared, and so did everything else...

I regained consciousness, but instantly wished I hadn't. My clothes were soaked in blood and I could tell the wounds were still there. I gingerly removed the bullet from my leg. As soon as I did, it healed. I felt some relief then used my powers to get the other bullet out. My other wound healed too.

"You should not have saved him," Arcturis's voice surrounded me, "You're lucky I got you out of there before you were caught. But now, you'll have to pay for your insolence."

I felt a huge electrical shock. I fell to the ground and tried anything to make it stop. I gasped in pain. It seemed like it lasted an hour or two, but was probably just a minute. When it finally stopped, I was shaking all over.

"I hope that teaches you not to do something like that again," Arcturis sneered.

'It's not like I really wanted to do it in the first place.' I stopped moving all together for a moment. That was not my thought. It was the second thought like it and it was starting to freak me out.

"You can go back now," Arcturis said.

The path to the door lit up again and I walked out. When I could see again I was back inside my house.

"'I hope that teaches you not to do something like that again.'" Mike mimicked, "Fucking son of a bitch."

He felt anger flowing through him. He couldn't stop it and needed to get rid of it. He walked into his backyard and stared at a tree. He sprinted over to it, going so fast that if someone were watching, he'd appear as a blur, and uprooted it with his bare hands. He threw it at the far end of the yard and then punched towards it, opening his hand. A fireball flew from it and the tree was engulfed in flames. It didn't spread, and there was no ashes left behind.

"You seemed to have developed a nasty temper after the 'modifications'."


Mike sank down to his knees. What was wrong with him? Why had this happened to him? What did he ever do?

'I'm pathetic. Getting all worried over nothing.' Mike felt himself shaking his head in disgust.

Wanting out of all these thoughts, he gazed over at his pool. With all of his clothes on, he ran over and dived in. He made sure not to bump his head and stayed there, under the water, keeping his eyes shut. Everything was quiet and calm. Slowly, his thoughts were quieted. He poked his head above the surface of the water, gasping and filling his lungs with the warm air outside. He easily swam over to the side and hoisted himself out, despite his soaked clothes.

He shook his body and all the water flew off and onto the ground and in the pool. Being completely dry, he walked inside. He collapsed onto the couch and fell asleep...


He felt numb all over and he was lying in the chair from his previous flashbacks. They didn't seem to be going in any certain order.

He couldn't move at all but could hear. He heard Sergo, Wesdin, the other guy, and someone else. Most of the words he couldn't make out, but he did here the words "Arcturis", "the twenty third century", "revenge", "plan", "time machine", and "'him'". 'Him' was probably how they referred to him.

He heard one whole sentence though, "He'll sure show them, taking over the world."