Having a Split Personality

Mike's Revenge

When he got home it was nighttime so he went to sleep. He didn't get much; he was troubled by his own deeds. He kept seeing himself killing the girl and frightening the little boy.

Unfortunately when he woke up it wasn't any better. As he was going about his daily routine he heard that strange voice inside of his head.

'Those were entertaining dreams last night. It's always good to see yourself at work.'

Mike put his hand to his forehead.

'I wonder when I'll get the next assignment. Hopefully it'll be even more fun.'

"No it won't be fun, none of this was fun," Mike said to himself.

'No, it wasn't fun. It was amusing. Fun would be killing more than just some teenager and more than just scaring some little boy.'

Mike decided he would try ignoring the thoughts in his head. It worked and the conversation died away.

The phone rang distracted him further. He answered it, "Hello?"

"Hey Mike, don't forget we have band practice today," Billie told him.

"Okay, I didn't." Mike had actually forgotten due to the events of the past couple of days.

"Just making sure."

"I know."

"Well see yah."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Mike hung up. He was thankful Billie had reminded him otherwise him and Tré would have noticed that something was wrong and he wouldn't be able to talk his way out of it.

He looked at the clock to check to see what time it was. There was still a few more hours so he decided to take a walk to try to clear his mind.

Mike grabbed his car keys and drove to the park. When he got there he walked around with his hands shoved into his pockets, slumped over, and keeping his head down. He was thinking while he walked, thinking about the mess he was in, trying to come up with a way to get out of it. He couldn't. And the other voice in his head wasn't helping any.

While he was deep in thought, he ran into somebody. He looked up to mutter a "Thank you," but then he saw who the person was. Something about him seemed familiar... Then he realized why and saw his three friends, grinning when they recognized me.

Mike glared at him before brushing past him, storming off. He half hoped they would follow. They did. He left the park and went into a deserted building. The thugs followed, thinking how easy it was. Here he was, trapping himself. They paused outside of the building, watching Mike just standing there, through the dirty windows. Their leader nodded and they entered the building.

As soon as they did, Mike turned around and what they saw made them jump back a foot. Mike's eyes were glowing red and he was wearing a maniacal grin. His face was starting to change. It grew paler and his ears grew pointy. Fangs started to grow out of his gums. He lunged and tackled the nearest one, bringing him down to the ground. His victim let out a startled cry. He viciously bit into his neck and drank. The other three tried to pry Mike off, but had no luck. He clung on until his victim had drawn his last breath. Then he attacked the next one, feeling even stronger. The other two looked torn between helping their friend and running away to save themselves. They decided on the latter of the two. Mike noticed and left the one he was on top of to tackle the other two. They fell down and banged their heads, causing them to pass out. Soon Mike finished sucking them all dry.

To destroy any evidence, he burned their flesh, leaving only scorched skeletons behind. Then he strode out of the building, changing into a pigeon and flying back to his car. When he got in and saw what time it is, he noticed it was time to go to Billie's for band practice.