Status: Back on haitus. Yeah, I know, guys; sorry. I'm focusing more on The First Cut Is The Deepest right now. So when I get the urge to start writing on this again, I will. =) Don't unsubscribe! =]

Maybe Just a Dash of Cliché

Chapter 3

She told Gregory to keep talking; she needed him to keep talking. She needed to think some things through. In her head, she dreamed of punching her father in the face; the blood trickling from his nose. She grinned. That would be a funny sight to see.

Her eyes drifted to the back of the cafe again. She watched as he drank his coffee, reaching up to move a strand of his hair out of his eyes. She silently gasped. His eyes made her melt. He gulped the last of his drink, setting the cup back down on the table. He quickly got up. He was making his way over to the door, not even paying for his drink.

He passed by her, glancing at her. He scowled, instantly remembering her from the bar. Her eyes widened at him. She must have seen him not pay for his drink. He didn't care. He always did this. Thoughts of disgust passed through his mind of her.

What the hell is she doing here?! Did she follow me?!

He passed by her, keeping eye contact for merely a second. She blushed. He soon left the cafe, getting onto his motorcycle. He left once again. She looked back to the spot he was just sitting at. A young waitress came by to collect the money. But sadly, there was none. She looked baffled and angered. Lily quickly got up and went to the back, leaving Gregory with a confused expression.

"Miss?" Lily started. "Here. I'll pay for the man who didn't pay." She offered, handing her a five.

The waitress looked at her, surprised. "Oh miss, I can't let you do that." She countered, waving her hands in front of her.

"No, please. I insist." She shoved the money into the waitress's hand. She looked at her once more and then nodded.

"I'll be back with your change."

"No, it's alright. Keep the change." She replied.

"Are you sure?" Lily nodded. "Okay. Thank you." The waitress said, quickly leaving.

Lily sighed and walked back to the waiting Gregory. She sat down in front of him and smiled. He seemed surprised, then finally smiled back weakly.

"That was very nice of you." He commented. She shrugged.

"It's no big deal." She took a sip of her coffee. He smiled at her. "I'm sorry. What were you talking about?" She asked.

"Oh never mind. It's nothing. I've been talking all about myself. What about you? How's school?" He asked.

She shrugged once more. "It's alright. There's nothing new there."

"You're a senior, right?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Ah... I remember my senior year."

"How long ago was that? Three years?" She asked.

"Yeah, almost. Hard to believe I'm 21, huh?" She nodded absentmindedly. "Are you ready to go?" He asked, placing a ten on the table. She nodded again.

She got up from her seat and followed him out. They walked back to her house in silence. He walked her up to the door and kissed her on the cheek goodbye. When he was gone, she went upstairs to her room. Ana greeted her with a cheesy smile.

"How was your date?" She teased, her smile growing slightly.

"Ugh... Shut up..." She said, closing the door behind her. "He thinks I like him."

"Why?" Ana asked her.

"My father. My father told him I liked him. Which isn't true. I only like him as a friend. Nothing more." Lily laid on her bed, looking up at the white ceiling.

"That sucks." Ana replied.

"I know. I feel bad for the guy. I don't want to lead him on. That's just wrong." Ana nodded. Then Lily remembered the guy from the bar. "Oh my gosh, Ana! I have to tell you something!" She exclaimed, sitting up.

"What?" She asked, clearly excited.

"You will not believe this!"

"What?!" She asked again, growing impatient by each second.

"Earlier today when I went to Starbucks, I saw this guy on a motorcycle. Oh my goodness! He was gorgeous! Then when Gregory and I went to this little cafe, I saw him there and... oh my goodness!" Lily explained, fanning herself with her hand.

"Wow... That must be something really good, because you're blushing red right now." Ana teased.

"Am I?" Lily asked, blushing again. She brought her hands to her cheeks, feeling the warmth flow up to her face.

"I wish I was there..." Ana feigned sadness, adding the pout in. Lily shoved her playfully.

"There's something about him. I just don't know what. I feel like there's some connection to him." Ana looked at her like she was crazy. "Oh shut up!" She said, pushing her once more. Ana broke into laughter. Lily rolled her eyes. She glanced over at the clock. She faced Ana. "Hey Ana? Don't you have to leave soon?" She asked. Ana stopped laughing and checked the clock.

"Oh my gosh! I do! I have a date with Ricky!" She exclaimed, giving Lily a hug goodbye and leaving her room.

When Ana was gone, she sighed. She sure was tired. It was only 8:15, but she was really tired. She went into her bathroom and did her nightly things. She brushed her teeth and washed her face. After she was done, she changed into some shorts and a tank top. She got under her warm blanket and fell asleep as soon her head hit her pillow.

He walked down the empty street, thoughts running through his head. The money he had was crinkled in his pocket. He left his bike down the street, saving its gas. Suddenly, a wind blew by. He pulled his jacket tighter around him. It was getting pretty late. He turned around and made his way back over to bike. He needed to get home anyways.

He got on his bike, soon making his way over to his apartment. Or his uncle's apartment. When he arrived there, he set his motorcycle in the garage. He walked up the few flight of stairs, taking his time. He opened the door to see his uncle in the kitchen, making food. He glanced at the clock and almost rolled his eyes. It was 11:00 at night and his uncle was making dinner. Typical...

His uncle turned his head at the sound of the door opening. He smiled at his nephew, taking in his sight. He was wearing a pair of old jeans, which had holes in the knee, and a plain old black t-shirt. He was taking his thin, black leather jacket off and throwing it carelessly on the couch. The uncle smiled as his nephew sat down at the table, sighing deeply.

"Hard day?" The uncle asked. The nephew nodded. "Here have some food." He set a plate of rice and vegetables in front of him. "Eat up." The nephew smiled. He picked up a fork and started eating. "Whoa, Julian, slow down. Chew your food." The uncle said with a laugh.

Julian slowed down and swallowed his food. He looked up at his uncle, grinning. "I can't help it. I'm starving!" He exclaimed. He continued to eat. His uncle chuckled and sat down across from his, a plate set in front of him also. His uncle started to eat too.

"How was your day?" Julian's uncle asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"It was alright. The usual. Oh!" He paused, digging around in his pocket. "Here." He set the two fifties on the table. "I doubled it." He said.

"Good." He grabbed the money and got up, moving over to a cabinet. He opened it and took out a metal container. He opened the lid and stuffed the money in it, closing the container after. "We really need this money." His uncle commented.

"I know." Julian replied. His uncle nodded and sat back down at the table. They both continued eating.

When Julian was done, he excused himself from the table. He walked into his room, taking off his shirt as he closed the door behind him. He carelessly let the shirt drop onto the already messy floor.

He turned on his stereo, which took him months to buy, and blasted his music. A chorus of punk rock music exploded from the speakers. He moved his head to the beat, stripping out of his pants. He dove unceremoniously onto his bed, not bothering to pull the blanket over him. The song he was listening to came to a guitar solo and he couldn't help, but get up and grab his own guitar. He lowered the music slightly, waiting for the right time. On a note, he joined in, strumming his fingers over the chords. His fingers were calloused so much from playing guitar practically all his life. He sang softly to the song, plucking his fingers over the thin pieces of string.

When the song was over, he set his guitar down and laid back into his bed. The next song came on. He drifted off to sleep as the music continued to blare through the speakers.

Lily opened her electric green eyes and found the blinding sun shining through her window. She was positive that her curtains were closed when she went to sleep. She sat up, feeling the warm sun on her pale skin. She looked around her room and saw Ana staring at her intently.

"You opened those, didn't you?" Lily asked her, referring to the curtains.

"Yes, I did. You need to get up. Your father wants to speak with you."

"Ugh... Again? What is up with him?" She asked, getting out of her bed. She stretched. Ana shrugged.

"I don't know, but be glad. He seems happy."

Lily stared at her. "No way! That's so rare!" She gasped and then she laughed.

"I know. Weird." Ana replied. "Well I'll leave you to get ready. He's giving you five minutes to get ready."

"Only?" Lily shook her head side to side. Ana chuckled then left the room.

Lily looked through her closet choosing a short sleeved green shirt and a pair of jeans. She undressed out of her pajamas and put on her chosen clothes. The green shirt brought out her eyes even more. She didn't bother with make-up. She made her way downstairs, saying her greetings to some of the fellow help passing her. She finally arrived at her destination; her father's office. She knocked on the door, waiting patiently.

"Come in." She heard from the inside. She opened the door slowly, poking her head in a bit. Lily saw her father at his desk, where he always seems to be, writing on a piece of paper.

"You called." Lily said, her voice breaking the silence.

"Yes, I did. You did a good job yesterday. Gregory was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with him tonight." He explained.

"I have no choice as to whether or not I want to go, am I correct?" Lily asked.

"You are correct."

"Then I'll go." She said glumly.

"Good. I'll call him and let him know. He'll be here to pick you up at 7 o'clock. Don't keep him waiting too long when he's here, got it?" He said in a demanding voice.

"Yes sir. Is that all? If it is, may I be excused?"

He waved his hand at her. "Yes. Go." He said. She nodded. She turned around and left his office. Once out of there, she took a deep breath.

This was going to be one long day...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!
I need to know what you guys think.