I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

1

He couldn't bear it. To see his wife in a state like this. Through all the years they have been together, it's been happy. Perfect couple is what everyone said. Picture of health. Not anymore. Gerard had lost his job. After everything he had gone through, drugs, alcohol, his parents had disowned him, all the emotion and anger he had he took it all out on his wife. But she knew he didn't mean it. He didn't. She'd always cover up for him. Saying she walked into a door or fallen over something. She didn't want anyone to take him away from her. She loved him, no matter what anyone said or thought. Then...

Flashback
"I'm so sorry. The test have come back positive. Your terminally ill with Cancer. I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about it." The doctor left them alone in the room. Gerard sat there with a sad expression on his face. Louise only had 3 months left to live.
End of flashback

That was almost 2 and a half months ago. This time it was Gerards turn to comfort and look after his wife. He had told her how sorry he was for they way he treated her. The way he was never there for her and never helped her. He had told her that it was all his fault, the stress of coping with him had probably caused it. Louise was still adamant about it, no matter how close to death she was.
"Shh, honey it was never your fault. These things happen all the time." Gerard lay on her bed. She had gotten worse overnight, but refused to go into hospital. She wanted to die in the comfort of her own home. Stroking her hair gently and soothing her with his calming voice.

"Please put me out of this pain." Louise whispered quietly. Gerard looked at his wife, he couldn't believe what she had just said. To be honest he just really wanted to take all her pain away from her. But sadly things like that don't happen. He thought about it. This was the worst he had ever seen her. She couldnt do anything for herself anymore.

I could stay lost in this moment forever. Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure."

He picked up a pillow that lay next to her. Lent in towards her, whispered softly in her ear, "So before, you go, Could you leave me one last kiss?" Their lips touched. It was just a soft kiss as he didnt want to hurt her anymore. Edging the pillow towards her face she said her last words, the last thing Gerard would ever hear from his wife, "I love you." Tears glistened his dark brown eyes. He saw her chest rising slowly, until it stopped completely. He took the pillow away, she looked so peaceful. He just wanted her alive again, but he knew that isn't what she would have wanted. As he let all his tears out, he paused. She wouldn't have wanted him to waste his life away, sitting all depressed. He went and sat in the basement, and wrote everything that he was thinking. After a while he turned it into a song. This is the song that his band My Chemical Romance would have as a single. It would be a memory for Louise. Every spare time that he had he would go and visit her. Tell her about the band and what they had been up to on tour. He knew that she was looking out for him. Everytime he visited her, he would sing their song.

I dont wanna close my eyes, I dont wanna fall asleep cuz I miss you babe, and I dont wanna miss a thing.Cuz even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do cuz I miss you babe and I don't wanna miss a thing