Lightning Struck

Tre to the Rescue (Again)

Billie saw his life flash before his eyes. Right before the scythe's blade touched his neck, he opened his eyes. He cringed as a frustrated scream filled his head. His eyes watered as he blinked and his vision blurred. As the scream faded, Billie felt somebody give him a hug that made it difficult to breathe. He blinked again and his vision cleared. He saw an equally soaked Tré Cool who was shirtless and realized he was shirtless too. Then it hit him Tré must've saved him, again. He returned the hug.

When it was finished, Billie sat back and saw tears falling from Tré's eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Billie asked, puzzled.

"I thought I lost you!" Tré answered almost hysterically.

"Okay... Well you haven't..." Billie said slowly.

Suddenly Tré stopped crying and said, "You owe me! I saved your life twice! In the same day, even!"

"What do you want then?" Billie braced himself for something...Tré-ish.

"I wanna be... that old chick from the Golden Girls!" Tré said excitededly.

"Right... " Billie hesitated before getting up. Tré followed suit. Billie put his hand on Tre's shoulder and closed his eyes, concentrating. He felt parts of Tré change until Tré was completely transformed. Billie opened his eyes to see Tre shaking his booty in his face, singing:

"Don't cha wish your girlfriend was old like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't cha
Don't cha
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was loose like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend had fame like me?"

Billie was extremely creeped out by the fact that Tré looked like an old woman and was singing that song and had the same voice he usually had. "No I don't, now could you stop singing? I think I might have some nightmares 'cause of this... "

"Fine, but you still owe me one more thing," Tré pouted.

"And that would be...?"

"I wanna be able to fly!" Tré flapped his arms like wings.

Billie was surprised a bit by this request, it wasn't what he had expected. "Okay, and in what form would you like to be able to fly in?"

"A penguin!"

"Penguins don't fly." Billie rolled his eye.

"Fine then, an ostreeich."

"Ostreeich? You mean an ostrich? They don't fly either..."

Tré crossed his arms. "Fine then, a peacock."

Billie shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever."

Billie placed his hand on Tré's shoulder again and shut his eyes. He pieced together a picture of a peacock in his mind, trying to get it down exactly. As he was finishing the mental picture, he heard Tré yelp and then fall to the ground. Billie snapped his eyes open to see his friend lying down with his eyes closed. There was a bite visible on his ankle and Billie saw a yellowish-brown snake with hexagonal blotches on it slithering away.

Billie returned his attention to his friend, panicking. He checked Tré's pulse to find that it was escalating.

"No, no, no..." Billie whispered, "Please Death, please don't take Tré."