Lightning Struck

Freezing Point

Billie woke up in his room. He was sweating and he felt hot, like the night of the fire. He yanked off the covers and stumbled downstairs feeling very dehydrated.

He filled a cup with water and drank it all in one big gulp. Then he splashed cold water on his face to help cool him down. The events of last night came back to him in a flash. He winced. His anger had gotten the better of him and obviously fire is associated with rage. And since he doesn't know how to control it yet, it probably will be dangerous to use.

Billie dried his face off and then sat down in a chair. Death had made two attempts on his life and one on Tré yesterday. Hopefully he wouldn't try anything today.

He sat there in deep thought and didn't hear Adie coming down the steps until she was standing right in front of him.

"What's the matter?" she asked, concerned.

Billie sighed. "It's just so stressing, worrying about being killed, worrying about your friends dying, worrying about your family's lives. Why is Death so mad at me just because I didn't die? Can't he just wait until I'm sixty or something?"

"I don't know, but don't worry so much," Adie said, trying to reassure him.

"Anybody can die any day now, and you're telling me not to worry?" Billie retorted.

"I'm not saying you shouldn't worry," Adie replied, "I'm just saying not to worry too much. It's unhealthy."

Billie gave in; he wasn't in the mood to argue further. Instead he sullenly crossed his arms and looked to see what time it was. 6:24. He suddenly felt tired and yawned.

"Want to go back to bed again?" Adie asked.

Billie nodded, stifling another yawn.

She got up and headed back upstairs. "Are you coming?"

"In a moment," Billie said.

She left and he stood, stretching. He needed to do something before he went to sleep again. He went over to the sink and filled it up with water. He took a deep breath and tried to freeze it. He was surprised when he actually did it. He grinned.

'But how do I unfreeze it?' he thought.

Taking a chance he tried to think of something that would make him angry. Then he pointed at the ice. A flame erupted from his finger and melted the ice, but left Billie feeling so tired that he fell asleep right there, leaning against the counter.