Switch

The Game

The wind whipped around Natalie as she sat huddled by herself on the bleachers Saturday evening. As much as she really didn't want to go to Chad's game, she figured there was really nothing else for her to do. Surprisingly enough, Julia's parents were home by the time Natalie had woken that morning, and rather than feel like she as stuck in an uncomfortable position being around them at the house, she figured a day out would be okay.

It had been warm and sunny all day until about fifteen minutes into the game when the winds picked up. With dark grey clouds beginning to loom overhead, Natalie began to think that maybe she should have just locked herself in Julia's room, regardless of how angry Chad would be if she didn't show up.

Sighing to herself as she pulled her hands back into the sleeves of her zip-up hoodie, Natalie looked down at the playing field. She didn't understand football in the slightest, let alone even enjoy watching the sport. She couldn't figure out why all the other students and parents around her were cheering like crazy when it seemed like nothing was going on. Eyes glancing to the cheerleaders directly in front of the bleachers, Natalie was at least thankful that Julia wasn't one of them. Not only would she be screwed by not knowing any of the cheers or moves, she'd be even colder in one of those short skirts than she was in her hoodie and jeans.

Her stomach rumbled and Natalie slowly stood from her seat, making her way down and off the bleachers, hands stuffed deeply in her pockets to try and warm them up. She couldn't help but notice as she walked across the metal structure that Kassandra Blanc was there at the very end. Their eyes connected for a brief moment, and if Natalie didn't know any better she'd have thought Kassandra was watching her. It made her feel very unnerved.

Natalie stopped at the large concession stand just to the side of the football field and ordered a hot chocolate and nachos with cheese. Julia could kill her later, right now Natalie really wanted some of that gooey, warm cheese. Deciding to keep herself from having to watch the game if at all possible she stopped to sit at a picnic table nearby, setting her food before her.

Dipping a chip into the zesty cheese, Natalie wondered to herself what Brian was doing at that moment. No doubt he was helping the rest of the guys get drinks and get everything ready for the party at the bonfire. She still couldn't believe she was going to miss the last bonfire the group might ever have -- it just wasn't fair. Why should Julia get to take that away from her?

Natalie took a long drink from her hot chocolate, pulling Julia's cell phone from her pocket and glancing down at it. The reception was great, but that was the farthest thing from her mind. Around her, tiny raindrops began to fall lightly, signaling that it was going to rain at any moment, but she just kept her eyes glued to the screen of the phone, one finger hovering over the numbers. She knew Brian's cell phone by heart, but she was wondering if she should even dare call him. What would she say? She didn't know, but she did know that she wanted nothing more at that moment than to hear his voice.

Making up her mind as it began to rain harder, Natalie typed in Brian's number, hitting 'send' and waiting for the call to go through. A few seconds later she heard the other end of the line pick up, followed by male laughter in the background. Natalie smiled at the sound.

Shaking his head at the ridiculousness of his friends, Brian smiled as he put the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

Natalie's heart sped up at the sound of his voice. Her own caught in her throat, and she couldn't speak.

"Hello?" Brian asked again. He received a questioning look from Zack and shrugged in return, leaning back into the couch in Matt's living room.

"Who is it?" Matt asked, turning away from the TV.

"I don't know.... It's not a number I recognize," Brian answered. "Whatever," he muttered, ending the call as he snapped his phone shut.

Still holding the phone to her ear, Natalie had to wipe a few tears from the corner of her eyes before they fell. She'd never missed her boyfriend more than she did at that moment.

After the game had ended, the rain letting up just a few minutes before the final whistle blew, Natalie stood waiting outside the locker rooms. Regrettably she had gotten a ride to the game from Chad, and therefore had no other way of getting home unless she wanted to walk. Considering she felt soggy enough from the rain, Natalie decided that a short car ride with Chad would be worth it if she could just get back to Julia's house and get into some dry clothes.

A few moments later the door to the locker room opened and Chad stepped out, carrying a large duffle bag full of his equipment.

"Hey, you ready to go?" he asked, putting his arm around Natalie's shoulders. She nodded silently as he guided her to his truck. Much to her distaste, the ride back to Julia's was spent with Chad talking excitedly about the game and all the 'awesome' plays he had while Natalie pretended to be interested. She was inwardly grateful when she saw they were only a few houses away from Julia's.

As Chad pulled into the driveway Natalie realized that Julia's parents were once again missing. She didn't notice that the truck's engine had stopped running until she had stepped out and heard Chad's door slam shut as well.

"Um..." Natalie said, looking back at him as she headed for the house. "I thought you were going home?" she asked, wondering why he wanted to go in with her. She certainly didn't want to be alone in that house with him.

"Oh come on, we always hang out after my Saturday games," he answered, not catching the nervousness in Natalie's eyes. Not saying another word, she turned and went inside, knowing he was still following her. She figured she could find some sort of excuse to get him to leave after a few minutes.

"I actually have this really big history test on Monday that I should probably study for," Natalie said as she stood in the living room. She knew that Julia and Chad had different history teachers so there was no way for him to know that it was a lie. "So you should probably leave. And I'll see you...Monday."

Turning away to walk down the hall to the stairs, Natalie gasped in pain when she felt a tight grip on her arm. Looking back at Chad, she tried to pull out of his grip only to feel him hold her tighter. The savage look in his eyes frightened her.

"And what if I don't want to leave yet?" Chad answered, his voice low and almost menacing. He pushed his way into the living room, still holding tightly to Natalie's arm.

"Chad, let go of me," Natalie ordered, her voice trembling as she tried to pull away again.

"No, I don't think I will," he spat through gritted teeth, gripping Natalie's other arm and pulling her roughly toward him. Heart pounding hard and fast as she once more tried to break free, Natalie wished in the back of her mind that she had walked home from the game.

"Why don't we have a little fun," Chad said, smiling to himself. His voice made Natalie sick, and she was virtually powerless to him as he pushed her backwards until she was on the couch.

"Let go of me!" she nearly screamed, knowing that there was nothing good that could come from this situation. Her legs free as Chad loomed over her, she began to kick at anything she could reach.

"Stop moving, you little cunt," Chad growled, pinning her legs down as he straddled her thighs. "I told you I would get my way whether you liked it or not."

Natalie was so scared she felt like vomiting. He was going to rape her and there was seemingly nothing she could do to save herself. Tears began to prick her eyes, her entire body feeling paralyzed.

As he held her down with one arm, Chad began to unbutton her pants, pulling the zipper down.

"Get away from me," Natalie sobbed, feeling him beginning to pull her pants down. Finding the smallest ounce of fight she had in her terrified state, she wrenched one of her arms free and slammed her fist as hard as she could into Chad's jaw. He recoiled slightly, even more anger in his eyes before he stopped, pulling away. Natalie stared up at him, eyes wide, her breathing labored as her heart pounded.

"You always were a virgin little bitch," he snarled, and the next thing Natalie knew, he had brought his hand back and smacked her hard across the face. She was in complete shock and terror as he got up and quickly left, the pulsing sting spreading through the side of her face.

Lying alone on the couch, Natalie couldn't control her hysterics. She curled up on the couch, not caring that Julia's parents could come home and see her in that state, and cried the hardest she had in a long time. She'd never had a reason to fear a man before, but now she was terrified.

And at that moment, there was nothing she wanted more than for Brian to hold her and make all the bad things go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo finally an update for this story! Not too many more and it's the end, just so you's know lol

xox