‹ Prequel: Milestones: Teenagers

Milestones: Commitment

The Dance

After an hour or so of taking photographs of the wedding party, the dance hall being set up perfectly for the reception, Brian and Michelle quickly drove via limousine back to Matt and Val's house for Michelle to get changed into the shorter wedding gown she'd bought.

Of course, being that Brian was there with her, the trip took a little longer than was expected. Val had warned them what she'd do if they took too long, but Michelle couldn't help but give in as Brian kissed her senseless against the counter in the bathroom. She ended up stopping things before they could get too far, knowing they couldn't very well ditch their own wedding reception.

So Brian helped his new wife into her dress, still not really sure why she needed two, even after having it explained to him. Twenty minutes after they left, they turned around and headed back.

"And now, it is my great pleasure to introduce you all, for the first time, to Mr. and Mrs. Brian Haner, Jr.," the DJ called out, and then the doors were opened before Brian and Michelle, allowing them to enter the dance hall. Hand-in-hand they were greeted by the cheers, whistles, and clapping of friends and family as they headed across the room toward the head table, both taking a seat at the middle.

Once everyone was settled, the food was served and the feast began. Digging into the steak on her plate, Michelle felt her stomach rumble as she hadn't eaten all day, and Brian chuckled.

"Maybe you should cut that a little faster," he joked as he leaned into her ear, kissing her cheek briefly before turning to his own food. Just as both he and Michelle were about to take their first bite, a clinking sound could be heard from the other side of the dance floor.

Michelle looked up as the clinking got louder and realize that practically the entire room was looking up at her and Brian, knives and various other utensils clinking against the champagne glasses.

"Come here," Brian chuckled once more at his wife's cluelessness, and he turned her face to his, lips catching hers easily. Smiling into the kiss when she heard cat-calls, Michelle closed her eyes, savoring the moment before they parted.

"I say next time you give 'em a real show," Val said from Michelle's right, sending her twin a smirk. Michelle only rolled her eyes and continued to eat.

"Could we please have the bride and groom come to the dance floor for their first dance?" the DJ called out and Brian grabbed Michelle's hand, standing up. He was confused, as was Michelle, when they saw Val, Matt, and the rest of his band mates stand as well, all making their way to the dance floor as he and Michelle stood still.

Noticing now the drum kit, guitar, bass, piano, and mic stands at the head of the dance floor against the wall, Brian wondered just what his friends were up to as they took their regular places, Matt taking a seat at the piano where a mic was placed, Val holding her own as she stood nearby.

"Oh, come on...since when are the two of you shy?" Matt laughed into the mic, and slowly Brian and Michelle unfroze, making their way to the dance floor and looking at Matt expectantly.

"So...us guys, and Val, wanted to do something special for you on your big day, and we decided that instead of having some song play through the speakers, we'd play it for you instead. And we've been practicing for weeks, so you better like it," Matt warned with a laugh, and then the lights dimmed down to a subtle glow.

As soon as Michelle heard the opening piano line, she tilted her head back with a laugh. "Oh my God," she whispered, smiling as she put her arms around her husband, his own going around her waist as Matt began to sing.

"Look into my eyes, and you will see. What you mean to me. Search your heart, search your soul. And when you find m there, you'll search no more. Don't tell me it's not worth trying for. You can't tell me it's not worth dying for. You know it's true.... Everything I do.... I do it for you."

"I love this song," Michelle giggled, seeing Brian smile down at her and nod in agreement as they slowly danced for the first time in their married lives.

This time, shocking her sister as Michelle knew it was a rare thing for her to sing in front of large crowds, Val began the second verse.

"Look into your heart, and you will find. There's nothing there to hide. Take me as I am, take my life. I would give it all, I would sacrifice. Don't tell me it's not worth fighting for. I can't help it, there's nothing I want more. You know it's true. Everything I do.... I do it for you," Val sang out, her voice sounding beautiful.

And then the bridge hit, Val and Matt singing together, Brian joining in as he sang quietly to Michelle, who couldn't help the tears in her eyes.

"There's no love like your love. And no other could give more love. There's no way unless you're there. All the time, all the way, yeah..."

"I love you," Brian whispered as the words faded away, and Michelle barely had time to verbally reciprocate her feelings before Brian kissed her, pulling her impossibly closer, which drew some cat-calls and whistles from the guests.

"Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth trying for," Brian sang along with his sister-in-law and friend once more. "I can't help it, there's nothing I want more. Yeah, I would fight for you. I'd lie for you. Walk the wire for you, yeah-"

"I'd die for you," Michelle sang, beating him to it. "You know it's true. Everything I do.... I do it for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah blah blah sappy sappy goodness haha
Next update will be MONDAY. So be looking out for that lol
Almost theeere :)