‹ Prequel: Milestones: Teenagers

Milestones: Commitment

Happily Ever After?

A few days had passed since Brian’s encounter with the jellyfish on the shores of Perth, Australia, and needless to say he was still a bit reluctant to get in the water. He still felt small twinges of pain in his thigh when he was walking, but it was mainly his fear that kept him away.

He and Michelle had quickly gotten through the little debacle, ending the night with a round of angry make-up sex that seemed to cure them of their argument.

Standing out on the balcony around noon, Brian leaned on the railing as he let the breeze off the ocean wrap around him. They had slept late again, Brian having just woken up, and seeing the impish grin on Michelle’s face when he awoke, she still fast asleep, Brian didn’t have the heart to wake her.

Glancing over his shoulder, Brian grinned as he saw Michelle still sprawled over the white sheets, her dark hair contrasting with the stark brightness of the pillow as she continued to sleep.

Thinking back, he couldn’t believe how far they had come. It seemed like just yesterday he was meeting Michelle for the first time. Brian smiled, eyes looking out over the ocean again, as he remembered the exact day, and the prank Val and Michelle had played on him, Matt joining in. He had no idea that night, even after spending the majority of the football game with her, that Michelle would become such a permanent fixture in his life. They’d crossed so many hurdles and hardships together, it was hard to keep track of them all. From their fighting spawned by Michelle’s relationships with Greyson, to their separation caused by his own cocky stupidity, all the way up to the miscarriage of their first child.

But all of that made the pair stronger, and Brian was certain there was nothing that could come their way that they wouldn’t be able to handle. Michelle was his one and only, and he had proven that when he made his way back to her after all that time apart. She was his wife now, and they had an entire life left with each other to do with it what they pleased. The idea of it brought another smile to Brian’s lips.

Unbeknownst to him, Michelle had woken a few moments before, lying still and quiet in the bed as she watched Brian. She caught the way his hair rustled in the wind, the way the muscles of his bare back rippled as he moved. She smiled to herself as well; she could not have picked a more perfect man. Sure, Brian had his fault. He was cocky, stubborn, and could prove to be a downright pain in the ass from time to time. But as Michelle thought back on all the good times that had brought them to this quiet, serene moment, from the prom, to the week spent alone in the countryside, to the time when they moved in to the apartment, and finally got engaged, Michelle knew she really wouldn’t have Brian any other way.

Slowly rising, she grabbed a t-shirt from the floor, slipping it on as she stood from the bed. Tugging to down to cover her rear she slowly crossed the room to the open sliding door leading to the balcony. Stepping outside she slowly placed her hands on Brian’s warm waist, fingers creeping toward his abdomen.

“Hey,” she whispered a she placed her head on his shoulder, standing on tip-toes just to reach. Turning her head she placed a kiss to his neck.

“How’d you sleep?” Brian asked as he turned his head to face her.

“Amazingly. You?”

“Definitely good,” Brian answered with a chuckle. Reaching behind him he grabbed Michelle’s waist, pulling her into his side and kissing her temple. “So…what now?” he asked, referring to the next chapter in their lives, awaiting them to make the journey.

“Now we live happily ever after,” Michelle said with a smile and sigh of contentment. She pouted when she heard Brian let out an indignant snort.

“Hah…fat chance of that,” he chuckled, slowly glancing over. The glare in his wife’s eyes sent him aback and he let out a sheepish grin. “Just kidding. You want a happy ending, you’ll get one…”

Smiling, Michelle leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Brian’s lips. Just getting to be his wife was enough to fulfill her happily ever after.

…For now…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo it's Monday! Even if it's only 1:45 in the morning...but...it's Monday anyhow!
And I was just too excited to hold off on posting this any longer, so there you have it. Commitment is overrrr!!! Only took me a fuckin' year :P

A HUGE thank you goes out to everyone who read, commented, subscribed, and stuck it through with this story from the start to the end. It means so much to me that you take time out of your day to read this :)

xox

New story starts Thursday! Be lookin' out for it :)