Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Organizing Thoughts

Mike sat, head in hands. He couldn't organize his thoughts at all; it was just too much for him to take in all at once.

He took a deep breath and started getting his thoughts together by going over everything that had happened in his mind since the night he got visited by Lord Veldenbarr and his servants.

"A liquid got poured down my throat while I was sleeping. The things I know about the potion is that it's slowly turning me evil and stuff. Lord Veldenbarr says I'll be working for him and it turns out his assistant is the person we heard speaking when we first entered the book. One of Veldenbarr's servants knocked me out. Then I wake up in the morning with this empty filling and I'm all moody. We come back after travelling for a while to where Lord Veldenbarr is. I get Billie and Tre to leave and I fall asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night and after playing my guitar, I get a sudden impulse to go to the book. Lord Veldenbarr summoned me and I end up in his throne room. If I don't do what he says, a painful burst goes through me, so I ended up doing what he said. I went on my assignment..." Mike paused, it seemed like he was watching himself instead of seeing it from his own eyes.

"I killed, no massacred families, letting only the strongest survive so they could be servants for Lord Veldenbarr..." he mumbled,"and I didn't care, I actually enjoyed their suffering..."

He felt completely hollow inside.

"I killed...I killed... I killed... I actually enjoyed their suffering..." the words kept pounding in his mind.

His body started to tremble and he felt a tear slip from the corner of his eye. He saw himself, hand over a little girl's mouth. He saw the tears in her eyes, and her not being able to comprehend why a man who she had never met before would want to kill her. A man she had done nothing wrong to. He had grinned, filling his emptiness up with his joy at her suffering.

"I didn't care..."

Pretty soon he knew he would start to cry. Before he got that far, though, his doorbell rang.

"It's probably Billie. He's been worrying about me lately, him and Tre."

Mike suddenly let out a laugh that scared himself. He laughed at himself for being so weak, for caring so much. Roughly wiping away the tears he had shed, he got up and went to go answer the door. He had been right; it was Billie Joe and he did look concerned.

"Listen, Mike," Billie began, "I need to talk to you about how you've been acting lately...You've been worrying me and Tre."

Mike sighed in his mind. "Okay," he opened the door so Billie could come in. They made their way to the living room and Mike sat down in a chair and Billie sat on the couch.

Billie got straight to the point, "What's been going on? Ever since we slept at the inn in the book, you've been different."

Mike smiled in his mind.

"If he only he knew..."

"I just had a headache for some weird reason and it was aggravating me," Mike lied.

He knew Billie could usually tell if he lied, but this time, he knew, Billie wouldn't be able to tell.

"Okay, good. I was worried it was something serious," Billie looked relieved.

Mike watched him as he smiled.

"Way too easy..." Mike smiled with him.

"I was just gonna rest today, I haven't had enough sleep in a while," Mike told Billie.

"Alright, I'll go home I guess," Billie got up.

When he left the room, Mike closed his eyes."Where was I? Oh yes...My enjoyment of other people's suffering," Mike would have snickered if Billie wasn't still in the house. He paused and listened as Billie closed the door; then he let out a snicker. "After I brought them back to my Lord, I got a bit too cocky and really painful bursts went through my body, causing me to pass out. Then I dreamt of how my Lord became a vampire. Then there was the whole mirror incident." Mike thought about what he had happened for a moment. 'It still doesn't make sense..."

He sighed before continuing.

"When I went to sleep again, I dreamt of what happened after my Lord became a vampire and was abandoned. And that gets me up to right now."