Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Chosen to Save Surtomb

Suddenly they heard a female voice: "Hello heroes. You have been chosen to save the Kingdom of Surtomb. Your adventures will be recorded within this book so you can always have a way back to Surtomb after you complete a chapter and are allowed back to your world."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. We are 'heroes' and we have been 'chosen to save' it?" Mike questioned skeptically.

"Yes, though you will not be totally helpless. You will have your instruments with a few changes such as, you don't need amps or microphones, and you will each have powers according to the last costume you wore. Mike will have the powers of a vampire, Billie Joe will have the powers of a demon, and Tre, you will have the ability to transform things, including yourself."

"Wait, how are we supposed to save this kingdomy place?" asked Billie.

"You will have to find that out for yourselves, I'm afraid."

"But-" Billie started. He was cut off by them suddenly landing on the ground outside.

It was cloudy, yet sunny out. They were in some sort of meadow. Billie was startled by the fact that he was holding the reins of a cinnamon colored horse. Mike was holding the reins of a completely black one. Tre meanwhile didn't have one.

"Er, what should we do now?" Mike voiced.

"I have no clue," Billie said, looking around.

Tre suddenly turned into an elephant.

"Holy cow, Tre!" Mike freaked, "What are you doing?!"

"Well what'd you expect? I can transform into anything I want to." Tre bragged.

"Don't think I didn't forget what happened before we got here," Billie threatened, "and being an elephant ain't gonna protect you."

Billie concentrated for a moment and his skin changed to bright, glowing red and black horns protruded from his head. He also grew in size, and his muscles were bulging. He felt powerful.

"Well if an elephant won't do, maybe... " Tre paused for a moment, and then he changed into a giant, purple T-rex, "a T-rex will!"

"Tre! What the heck?!" Billie said, taking a step backwards.

"Dudes, who knows where the nearest people are," Mike interrupted, "You don't wanna draw too much attention to yourselves already."

"It's not like anyone would notice me with him next to me," Billie said glancing up at Tre.

"Why are you mad at Tre in the first place?" Mike asked curiously, "You never got to tell me."

"Well, Tre here-" Billie started.

"I made him say 'I am wetoddid. I am wetoddid. I am so faking wetodddid!" Tre said, laughing loudly.

He transformed into a fox with big ears and eyes, a fennec fox. Tears were starting to come out of his eyes. Then he laughed quietly, not breathing.

"Tre, breath!" Billie said, going back to his normal self.

Suddenly you could hear him laughing again.

"And you call me stupid!" Tre smirked.

Billie Joe secretly set Tre's tail on fire.

Neither Billie nor Mike had ever ridden a horse before, but they somehow found it quite easy. They had their guitars slung on their backs. They slowly went... who knows what direction. They didn't know that much about navigation.

After a few seconds Tre started sniffing the air.

"Do you guys smell something? It smells pretty good," Tre said.

Mike sniffed while Billie innocently looked around at the landscape. They were traveling through a quiet forest.

"I do," Mike replied, turning around in his saddle to look at Tre, finding the source of the smell. "Tre, your tail's on fire!"

Tre stopped and stuck his head between his front legs, looking back at his tail.

"Man my tail smells good," said Tre, licking his lips.

Mike stared incredulously at Tre for a moment before replying, "Tre, don't eat your tail."

"How did you know?" Tre asked innocently, cocking his head.

Mike just shook his head. Billie meanwhile was fascinated by the clouds in the sky. They were moving pretty fast, he thought. They were also a dark gray.

"Doesn't it look like it's gonna rain?" he asked.

"Rain? What a minute... " Mike said, "You set Tre's tail on fire!"

'Mike is too smart... ' Billie thought.

Tre meanwhile was chasing his tail, trying to take a bite out of it.

"Maybe... But he said I was more dumber than him." Billie said defiantly.

"'Less smart' not 'more dumber'. Sheesh, sometimes I wonder how you manage proper grammar in your songs," Mike said.

Tre suddenly let out a yelp as he had bitten his tail. Billie and Mike stared at him.

"Um, Tre, aren't you gonna put the fire on your tail out?" Mike asked.

"Fine... " Tre muttered. He kept still for a moment and the fire turned into cheech.

'I don't know how that lady thought we were gonna save 'Surtomb'.' Mike thought, 'I know we have powers and all, but still... Hey. I haven't used mine yet...'