Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Freddy Bobby Joey Johnny Schmidt XXX

"Tre, why are you all of a sudden obsessed with potatoes?" Billie asked, eyeing the potatoes.

"How do you know I haven't always been obsessed with them?" Tre picked up a potato and held it like a prized possession. "Besides, potatoes are our friends."

"You eat potatoes, not make friends with them!" Billie shouted.

Tre spoke to the potato, "He didn't mean that." Billie just rolled his eyes. "I think I'm gonna name you Freddy Bobby Joey Johnny Schmidt XXX, a. K. A. Fredrick Robert Joseph John Schmidt XXX, a. K. A. Fred Bob Joe John Schmidt XXX." Tre smiled at the potato.

"There's already been twenty-nine other Freddy Bobby Joey Johnny Schmidt's?" Mike butted in.

"No, I just like the number 30." Tre said.

Billie suddenly swiped the potato and mashed it. "Here's a mashed potato now." He handed Freddy Bobby Joey Johnny Schmidt XXX back to the drummer.

"Yum! I just need a little salt and some butter, and Billie, could you make a small fire real quick?" Tre transformed some potatoes into a pan, a salt shaker with salt in it,
And a stick of butter.

"You just named your potato and called it your friend and now you're just gonna eat it?" Billie didn't expect him to react like this, which was why he had mashed the potato in the first place.

"Light a fire already!" Tre waved the pan impatiently. It had the potato in it.
Billie took some sticks and put them in a small pile, surrounding it with rocks. He pointed at it and a small flame came from his finger. The fire came to life and Tre started cooking his potato over it.

"You do know we're supposed to be saving Surtomb, not cooking mashed potatoes?" Mike was getting tired of waiting there. He went over to his tied up horse and stroked its neck. His horse looked him in the eyes before looking back away.

Billie Joe was having a war in his mind. He didn't feel concerned but he knew he should. Mike was still acting strange but Billie just couldn't care. It made him feel frustrated. He felt flames lick his fingers.

"BJ, your hands are all flamey." Tre said with his mouth full of mashed potato.
Billie Joe took a deep breath and the flames were gone. "Hurry up Tre, we probably should leave."

"YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO PATIENCE!" Tre shouted, spitting out mashed potatoes. He flung the pan and it changed into a rock. Billie Joe jumped at his usually mild-tempered friend's sudden outburst. The drummer swallowed, got up, and said politely, "Shall we?" He did a sort of bow and made a gesture towards the horses.
Billie didn't get Tre some times... Most of the time... All of the time... He mounted his horse and Tre turned into an ostrich. Mike was already walking his horse in circles impatiently.

"So which way are we going again?" Tre asked.

Mike pointed north, "That way until we get to the village called Lenned." He turned his horse the way he had pointed and Billie and Tre followed.

After awhile of Tre actually being quiet and not annoying, he just had to say something, "I'm bored. I'm gonna sing."

Billie plugged his ears, even though he knew he'd still be able to hear Tre. Now was when he wished he had Tre's powers.

"My mom, she gave me a penny,
To buy a henny.
But I didn't buy no henny.
Instead I bought some bubble gum:
Bazooka-zooka bubble gum! Bazooka-zooka bubble gum!" When Tre got to "Bazooka-zooka bubble gum" he spun his arm around in the air in circles.

"My mom, she gave me a nickel,
To buy a pickle.
But I didn't buy no pickle.
Instead I bought some bubble gum:
Bazooka-zooka bubble gum! Bazooka-zooka bubble gum!

My mom, she gave me a dime,
To buy a lime.
But I didn't buy no lime.
Instead I bought some bubble gum:
Bazooka-zooka bubble gum! Bazooka-zooka bubble gum!

My mom, she gave me a quarter,
To buy some water.
But I didn't buy no warter.
Instead I bought some bubble gum:
Bazooka-zooka bubble gum! Bazooka-zooka bubble gum!

My mom, she gave me a dollar,
To buy a collar.
But I didn't buy no collar.
Instead I bought some bubble gum:
Bazooka-zooka bubble gum! Bazooka-zooka bubble gum!

My mom, she gave me two dollars,
To buy some bubble gum.
But I didn't buy no bubble gum:
I'M SICK OF BUBBLE GUM!"

Billie's horse gave a frightened snort since Tre had bellowed the last line so loudly. 'Where did Tre get all these songs? '