Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Deja Vu

He landed on a roof and peered around. He should go for someone whose death wouldn't be noticed much. He flew towards a small house and peeked into the window. There was only a young man who looked like he had just moved here. Mike flew in and transformed back to normal. He grabbed the man and pulled him up out of his bed.

"Silistence," Mike muttered. When the man tried to yell no sound came out and he began to struggle violently. "Parakiln." The man didn't move at all.

Mike felt his fangs retract and he grinned. The man looked so terrified he seemed to be on the verge of fainting. Mike paced around him, enjoying the feeling of being so powerful. He stopped when he was behind him and then bit into his neck.

Blood always was blissful for him, no matter how many times he drank it. Fear amused him. Power was what he strived for. He wasn't anything like his normal self anymore. The liquid was almost done changing him completely and permanently.

When the man was dry, Mike laid him back down on his bed and put his covers back over him. He transformed back into a bat and flew around the village once before heading back to camp.

***

Billie woke up suddenly. He noticed that he felt like he was soaked and he smelt a lot of air freshener. There was a barricade separating him from the rest of the tent. He climbed over it and made his way out of the tent. When he was out in the fresh air, he smelt a strong smell.

"TRE!" Billie bellowed as horns started protruding from his head.

Tré jolted awake. He wasn't afraid; Mike wouldn't let Billie kill him. That's when Tré noticed Mike wasn't in the tent.

'This ain't good.' Tré cautiously poked his head out of the tent. There stood Billie, glowing red skin, black horns, bulging muscles, and all. Flames were already swirling around him. Billie got ready to hurl a fireball at him when Tré shouted, "Wait! Mike isn't here!"

Billie paused. "So?"

"So, shouldn't we be worrying about him?"

"You're just saying that," Billie said, before remembering Mike hadn't been in the tent and also there was the fact that he wasn't preventing him from murdering Tré. "Ok, I believe you." Billie went back to normal.

"Where do you think he could be?" Tré asked.

"I don't know... "

Just then they heard the flapping of a bat's wings. It landed on the ground and changed into Mike.

"Where were you?" Billie asked suspiciously.

Mike smiled, showing his blood-stained teeth. "Out hunting."

"Wha-?" Billie took a few steps back.

"Sorn." Mike said.

"Sorn?" Billie repeated before falling asleep along with Tré.

Mike slung Tré over his shoulder and gave Billie a look. After setting Tré in his sleeping bag, he went back out and lazily said, "Levint." Billie floated in the air a few feet from the ground. Mike directed him with a finger into his sleeping bag and then fell asleep in his own after taking care of the traces of blood on his face and whispering a word into both of his band mate's ears. He dreamt for what was the last time about Lord Veldenbarr...

The spell had already taken affect. Now he was looking at something interesting. It was about some "Other World". According to the book the technology there was more advanced than anything here could ever even dream of. The people had tamed lightning and used it to light their homes and shot banging sticks that caused death. The men and women there were equals in most countries. They also had flying machines and horse-less carriages called automobiles.

It excited him very much.

'Why not go for taking over this "Other World" too?' he thought.

Then he read that it was impossible for anyone in this world to get to the "Other World" unless they somehow sent over something from this world and it was used to transport at least three people from the "Other World" to this world. They would then be able to open a portal to that world if the person who summoned them got them all together in one place along with him/her.

It was also possible to scry on the other world.

'Perfect... '


When Billie woke up, he noticed that he felt like he was soaked and he smelt a lot of air freshener. There was a barricade separating him from the rest of the tent. He climbed over it and made his way out of the tent. When he was out in the fresh air, he smelt a strong smell.

"TRE!" Billie bellowed as horns started protruding from his head.

Tré jolted awake. He wasn't afraid; Mike wouldn't let Billie kill him. Mike woke up and got up, hiding a smirk on his face. Tré followed after him.

There stood Billie, glowing red skin, black horns, bulging muscles, and all. Flames were already swirling around him. Billie got ready to hurl a fireball at him until he noticed Mike was in the way. Instead he just yelled, "Tré, did you piss on me while I was asleep?!"

"Who, me?" Tré asked pointing to himself.

"No, the other Tré that has bladder problems and wanted to prank me since I lit a fire under his butt," Billie said sarcastically.

"Oh, can I meet him?"

Billie stared at him, "Didn't I already go over with you what sarcasm was? Man, you're stupid."

"I am not!" Tré pouted, "Meanie-butt!"

Mike cut in, "To avoid further pointless arguing, Tré, can you make Billie some new clothes to change into and then make some breakfast? And Billie, I think there's a stream near here, so you can go wash off there."

"Whatever... " they both muttered sullenly.

Mike told Billie where he thought the stream was and then made sure Tré made the clothes right.

"Tré," Mike said sternly, "What did I say about adding a pink bunny on his shirt? And don't you dare put that on there either!" Tré had made the back say "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me." Once Tré had made acceptable clothes, Mike sat down and thought about his dream. He now knew how Lord Veldenbarr knew so much about their world. Then his thoughts shifted to his plans yet again. He couldn't wait to get to Lord Veldenbarr's castle. The suspense nearly killed him. Usually he was patient, but this was going to be big. His plan was going to affect everyone in both worlds.