Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

"This is It"

They were back at the edge of the forest. They were going to go around Lenned, avoiding any people. They planned to get to Veldenbarr's around sunset where they assess the situation and come up with a plan for entering and killing Veldenbarr and his vampires.

Billie kept nervously stroking his horse's neck as they rode and Tré actually started getting a little worried, mostly by his friend's behaviour. Even though he picked on Billie a lot, Tré always thought of and respected him as a strong person.
If he was worried, Tré knew he should be worried, more so.

On the other hand, Mike was practically emotionless, lost in his own world, thinking. Tré was left alone, neither of his band mates being in a talkative mood.

Tré decided to take a quick nap since he was bored and transformed into a ladybug and landed on Billie's horse's head.

***

Tré woke up when he felt Billie scooping him up in his hand.

"We're here," Billie said in a quiet voice.

His eyes were glowing red.

Tré looked around and found that he could hardly see. The moon was just a tiny sliver in the sky, like a silvery feather of a bird. Dark and foreboding clouds blocked out almost all light from the stars.

Tré flew off of Billie's hand and transformed into a black cat, as he was just a few inches from the ground.
He looked around, now being able to see better and saw that they were hidden in some thick brush, only about five hundred yards away from a dark castle.

Billie was starting to shake a bit so Tré silently padded over to him and brushed up against his legs in an attempt to calm him. It worked and Billie bent down to pet him on the head.

"Thanks, Tré," Billie whispered, "You may be as annoying as hell most of the time, but during that rare occasion when you're not, you're the best friend anyone could ever ask for."

Tré purred in reply.

Mike was leaning against a tree and staring at the castle. Billie walked up behind him.

"Do we have a plan? Or are we just gonna go with the flow?"

Mike was silent for a moment, as if pondering the question. "We go with the flow," he finally said.

Billie took a deep breath, "Should we go now?"

Mike turned to face him, "Waiting only makes you more nervous, and the sooner we get it done, the better."

Tré transformed back into his human self. He started picking up twigs, rocks, and leaves.

"What are you doing?" Billie asked him.

Tré just ignored him and continued, jamming the things into his pockets. When he ran out room, he clutched a bunch of twigs in one hand, and an apple sized rock in the other.

He transformed the stone into a wooden stake.

"Oh," Billie said, "What about me?"

"Can't you just like open a crack in the earth and then seal it, trapping them?" Tré suggested.

"I guess, yeah."

Tré then said to Mike, "I'll give you stakes when I can, but can you keep yourself alive with your powers?"

"Don't worry about me," Mike told him, "I'll be fine."

"Tré, could you stop being so serious? You're starting to scare me and make me more nervous," Billie said.

"Why do you always say you want something and then say that you want the opposite again?" Tré pretended to be angry.

"Thanks."

"Well, let's go," Mike said. He got prepared. The moment had arrived when everything would happen, everything would change.

'This is it,' Mike thought. He walked out of the shelter of the trees.

'This is it,' Tré thought. He followed Mike, gripping the stake tightly and almost causing the twigs to snap in his other hand.

'This is it,' Billie thought. He concentrated and felt his demon powers ready to be activated in the blink of an eye.

The three of them had walked into the open and they heard wings flapping from the direction of the castle, heading towards them.