Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Finding a Village

Mike took the opportunity to test out his powers. He felt fangs retract and the sun started to make him feel weak. His ears grew slightly pointed and so did his nails. He watched as his skin grew deathly pale. The thought of blood was very appealing, but he could ignore it if he chose.

Billie noticed. "Whoa, Mikey. Don't kill me or anything."

"You know I wouldn't, Bill," Mike said, sounding a bit different due to the fangs in his mouth.
Mike went back to normal.

Tre had gotten bored and was now amusing himself by changing into random things. Right now he was a purple flying hippo with a navy top hat. He kept saying "I wuv woo!" in a three year-old's voice and in his wake was a rainbow.

'Maybe he got high before we came here, ' Mike thought.

Suddenly he changed into a hot pink ring-tailed lemur and started climbing all over Billie.

"Get off me, Tre!" Billie kept shouting. He was about to set fire to Tre again before Mike stopped him.

Tre jumped onto his horse's head, and then leapt off onto the ground where he changed into Spongebob.

"Are we there yet?" he asked, his voice sounding exactly like the cartoon sponge.

Billie groaned, "No..."

Sometimes Tre could be so annoying he just wanted to kill him. For a few precious seconds there was silence. But, of course, with Tre around, it didn't last any longer.

"F IS FOR FRIENDS WHO DO STUFF TOGETHER!
U IS FOR YOU AND ME!
N IS FOR ANYWHERE AND ANYTIME AT ALL DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA!" Tre belted out, causing all the wildlife within an acre of forest to flee.

"That last line always sounds so wrong," Mike said laughing. Meanwhile Billie was sulking.

"F IS FOR FROLICKING THROUGH ALL THE FLOWERS!
U IS FOR UKELELE!
N IS FOR NOSE-PICKING, GUM SHARING, SAND-LICKING, HERE WITH MY BEST BUDDY!"

"SHUT UP TRE!" Billie yelled angrily, turning his horse to face Tre.

They continued a few more feet before Tre disturbed the tranquil peace again.

"Are we there yet?"

Billie couldn't take it, he exploded. The earth around him cracked and magma spurted through the openings.

"WE AREN'T THERE YET! WE DON'T KNOW WHEN WE ARE GOING TO, WE'VE NEVER BEEN HERE BEFORE!" he bellowed.

"Sheesh, somebody fell out of the wrong side of the book this chapter," Tre muttered, changing into a parrot to fly over the lava.

"Hey! I think I see a village up ahead!" Mike dug his heels into the side of his horse, causing it to gallop.

"Wait up!" Billie shouted, doing the same.

Tre changed into a cheetah, sprinting ahead of them. When they reached the top of a hill overlooking it, they suddenly couldn't see anything again but each other and then they back home. The book lay open, glowing and it looked like wind was blowing its pages before it closed.

"What a rip-off!" Tre pouted. He was back to his normal self.