Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Surprise

Billie's mind was abuzz with so many confusing thoughts that he just gazed up in horror at Mike. Tré finally grabbed Billie's arm and pulled him up.

"Dude, what should we do?" he whispered.

"Nothing," Mike said, overhearing him, "Well, at least for now."

The grin he had on scared his two friends even more. He walked around the room and the vampires parted for him respectfully. He stopped at Veldenbarr's unmoving body. He stared at it a brief moment before picking it up and moving it out of his way. He then sat down on the throne and kept his eyes closed for a moment. He moved his mouth, silently saying words. When he stopped, the sensation that meant they were leaving occurred.

Everybody in the room except for Veldenbarr found themselves in Mike's living room. It was now night time there too. Mike sat in the chair and shadows covered his face. It was hard to see since all the blinds were closed and none of the lights were on. Billie and Tré squinted so they could see a little better.

Mike then instructed the vampires, "Go out and start turning people. Kill those who will not be helpful. Report back in fifteen minutes."

The almost three dozen vampires all bowed and left the room, changing into bats when they were outside.

For a moment there was silence as the three members of Green Day were alone. Mike got up, adjusting his crown slightly. Tré walked behind his friend, feeling slightly weak-kneed and dizzy.

He put his hand on Mike's shoulder and in a trembling voice said, "Mike, you can't do this."

Mike tensed up and said slowly, "Yes, I can!" As he said this, he whirled around and punched Tré in the stomach. Tré flew back with a grunt and he banged his head on the wall. He slumped down with his head resting on his chest, unconscious. Blood trickled down from a cut on the back of his head.

"Mike!" Billie shouted, forgetting everything, "How could you do that? How could you hurt Tré!?! What the fuck has gotten into you?! You know what, I'm not going to just stand by and watch you do this. I'm going to fight you if I have to!"

Mike sneered. "You don't stand a chance against. Nothing you or anyone can do will stop me. I'm invincible. Untouchable. And soon, I'll be ruling over both our world and the other world."

Billie charged towards Mike and tried to punch the side of his face, but Mike caught his fist and twisted it painfully. Billie screwed his face up. Mike then hurled him backwards. Unlike Tré, he stayed conscious and stumbled back up again, cradling his wrist in his hand. He wasn't going to give up. He needed to stop his friend.

Mike looked slightly annoyed by Billie's determination, but just pointed a finger at him and shouted, "Levint!" He then pointed up at the ceiling. Billie was hurled upwards by an invisible force and he smashed into the ceiling, groaning from the pain. Mike pointed down and Billie fell to the ground. Before he could get up again, he soon came in contact with the ceiling again before resting on the ground. Now he was too sore to move. He could barely breathe, the pain was so intense.

He just laid there, tears rolling down his cheeks. His best friend of many years had just beaten him and his other best friend up. Billie knew he wasn't being himself, but it still hurt. But he also wondered what had happened to Mike, the real Mike. The Mike he had grown up with and had been in a band with for the past 17, almost 18 years. That Mike who he had shared so many times together, both good and bad. That Mike who he knew didn't hurt him. The Mike who had been gradually disappearing ever since the day after that night when he and Tré gotten shit-faced.

'I should've listened to Mike,' Billie thought angrily to himself, 'It was all just a trap.

Mike sat back down in his chair like nothing had happened. He would turn them, soon. But for now he waited for the vampires to report back. When there was a flash and he couldn't see anything, he was startled. He was even further startled when he saw Veldenbarr holding the bloody sword Mike had tried to kill him with in his hand. There was a pink scar that went around his neck where it had been sliced and he was caked in dried blood.

"Didn't expect to see me again, eh Michael?" Veldenbarr asked as he observed the look of surprise plastered on his face.

Billie who, with Tré too, had come along tried to roll over so he could see what was happening and let out a grunt with the effort. He just managed to and caught a brief glimpse of Veldenbarr before he squeezed his eyes shut in pain. His head had looked slightly askew possibly, or maybe Billie just might've been seeing things.

"I may not have finished you off last time, but I'll make sure I'll kill you this time," Mike snarled. Out of the corner of his eye, Mike saw a stake that Tré had thrown that had missed its mark. He glared at Veldenbarr who then threw the sword at him. Mike ducked just in time and the sword just skimmed over the top of his head. Veldenbarr then sprung into action, pulling a stake out from under his cape. Mike rolled over to where the stake he had been eyeing was and grabbed it.

The two faced each other, waiting for the other to make a move. Mike took a cautioned step forward. Veldenbarr didn't move. He took another step, making sure not to let his guard down. Still, Veldenbarr was stationary. He took a bigger step with still no reaction. He was now only a few feet away from Veldenbarr. He took one last step forward, ready to bring his stake up. At first Veldenbarr didn't move. Mike didn't blink so he wouldn't be caught off guard. When Veldenbarr blinked, he sprung forward with his stake raised. Veldenbarr raised his too and as Mike drove his stake toward Veldenbarr's heart, Veldenbarr did the same to him. The stake pierced Veldenbarr's heart first, but a split second later, his stake pierced Mike's heart. Mike's eyes widened and he saw Veldenbarr smirk before he turned into dust.

"Mike, no!" Billie shouted. He had been able to watch with slightly blurred eyes. He had blinked so that he could see clearly when the two had attacked each other. Even though Mike hadn't been himself lately, he knew that the real Mike was still there, somewhere.

Mike turned into dust. Billie somehow got up and stumbled over to the pile of dust that was now all that was left of his best friend. At first no tears came out of his eyes and he choked on the huge lump in his throat. But then the shock was over and the tears flowed freely down his already tear-stained cheeks. He kneeled down and scooped up some of the dust in his hands and the tears fell onto it.

"No, Mike no..." he sobbed.

"W-what happened? W-what's going on?" Tré asked as he got up, cringing at the ache in his bones. He made his way over to Billie and heard his sobbing. "What's up dude?" he asked concerned.

Billie turned around to face him and Tré saw that his face was red and his eyeliner had run down his face. "Mike's dead."