Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Back Home

Billie looked around, feeling slightly dazed. "What time is it?"

Mike looked at a clock. "It looks like it's the same time it was when we went into the book. Does that mean we should still have band practice or what?"

Billie shook his head as if to clear his mind. "I have no clue. I'm very confused. I mean we're supposed to save a kingdom inside some book."

Tre sadly looked down at himself. He couldn't transform into anything now that he was back in the real world.

"I wonder who that lady was, you know, the one's voice we heard." Mike said, "I wonder if we should trust her 'cause it seems sorta odd that we were picked to be heroes."

"She seemed nice enough," Billie replied.

Tre wasn't paying any attention and was currently heading to the little men's room again.

"Still, should we really trust a person's voice when we can't see them and they're inside a magical book?" Mike argued, "I mean, for all we know, she could be evil."

"But she told us we were supposed to save a kingdom, that doesn't seem evil to me."
Mike sighed and looked around. He still thought something was up. Then he noticed something was missing.

"Where did Tre go?!" He panicked. While he and Billie were arguing he hadn't noticed that Tre had left.

"I thought he was here just a minute ago!" Billie shouted, then he calmed down, "Maybe he somehow went back into the book or something, but oh well, at least now we can have some-"

"Ahhhhh, relief!" Tre said, bursting into the room.

Mike stared at him like he had two heads while Billie clenched his fists and walked out of the room.

"Where'd you go?" Mike asked.

"Bathroom," Tre said simply.

"Didn't you go before we left?" Mike looked him up and down.

"Yeah, but I had to go again."

"We were only there for about a half an hour."

"So... ?"

Mike just shook his head.

Billie came back into the room with something behind his back.

"Oh, Tre?" Billie said in a sing-song voice, "You remember what happened before we went in the book and what happened in the book?" Tre nodded. "Well, I've decided to forgive you. Here's a present."

"Oh goodie, I love presents!" Tre rubbed his hands together.

Mike knew where this was going, but didn't stop Billie. Sometimes he wondered what had happened to Tre's brain.

Billie pulled out a bottle of chocolate syrup from behind his back and squirted Tre with it. Tre just stood there until the whole bottle was empty.

"Hey!" he shouted indignantly. Billie stuck his tongue out at him.

Tre was a funny sight to see, coated in chocolate syrup. He started to lick his hand.

"Mmmmmmm... chocolatety goodness."

"Tre," Mike said sternly, pointing at him, "Remember what we talked about in the book? No eating yourself and no taking a bite either."

Tre looked at Mike evilly.

"So what are we gonna do now?" Billie asked.

Tre started bobbing up and down with his hand raised (the one that he hadn't licked yet) getting chocolate all over the place. "I know! I know!"

"Yes... ?"