Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Going Back to Surtomb

.Billie, Mike, and Tre had just had band practice. They hadn't told anyone about the book; they had decided to keep it a secret. Mike was going to keep it at his house and they were going to wait until they had to go back to Surtomb again.

One Week Later

Mike woke up and went into the kitchen to get some coffee. The book was next to the coffee machine so he would see it regularly. This morning he noticed it was glowing. He was suddenly wide-awake even though he hadn't had his precious coffee yet.

He went over to the phone and called Tre.

"Hello?" Tre said in a voice devoid of tiredness.

That was the thing that always amazed Mike, Tre always seemed to be hyper and have massive amounts of energy no matter what.

"The book is glowing." Mike said shortly.

"Okay, I'll go get Billie."

"Try not to get him into a bad mood this time. It's still early in the morning."

"Fine." Another thing about Tre that amazed Mike was that he actually did what Mike told him to. It was like Mike was his mom. He rarely ever argued with him.

"Well, see you in a bit."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Mike grabbed the book and went and sat down in the family room and waited. After a few minutes he got bored so he went back into the kitchen to get some coffee. He wondered how much longer it would be until the other two got there.

With Tre and Billie...

Tre had picked up Billie and was driving to Mike's house. He had gotten Billie out of his house without suspicion by saying they had some record stuff to do.

They came upon a red light.

"Turn green light. Turn green light. Turn green light. Turn green light. Turn green light." Tre said repeatedly.

"Why are you saying that?" Billie asked.

"Turn green light. Turn green light. Turn green light." The light turned green and Tre smiled.

"It always works."

"What?"

"If you tell the light to turn green, it does."

"But it always turns green after red."

"Not if someone doesn't ask it to turn green first."

"You're crazy."

"You're mean."

"You have problems."

"You're not special like me."

"You're stupid."

They kept criticizing each other until they got to Mike's house. They went inside and found Mike sipping his coffee.

"Can we go now?" Billie asked.

"I need to go to the bathroom first." Tre said.

"For God's sake, Tre, why didn't you go before you left?" Mike exclaimed.

"I did. It was a number two. I have to do the other one this time." Tre left, leaving Billie and Mike to wait for him to go save Surtomb.

It seemed sort of weird to them that they were in this situation. It didn't seem like they were about to go try and save a kingdom inside a magical book.

"Do you think we'll be staying longer in it this time?" Billie asked.

"Who knows, we could stay in there for a whole day this time." Mike finished his coffee and put the cup in the sink. "I guess I'll go get the book." He went back to where he had put it and Billie followed.

"Do you ever think Tre got dropped on his head when he was a baby?" Billie suddenly said.

"Dude, I think that every day I see him." Mike drummed his fingers on the book.

Tre finally was done and the same thing happened as before: when he got within five feet of the book, there was a flash of light and they only saw themselves