Sequel: Angel

The Blank Book

Putting on the Show

They had compiled together some songs they could perform and Tre was now changing a tree stump into a small stage for them to play on while Mike and Billie warmed up. The two dogs were tied to a tree by some rope they had found. When Tre was done with the stage, he changed some rocks into his drums and a bunch of drumsticks.

The first song on their list was Poprocks and Coke. Then they decided to do Castaway, but skipping the second verse followed by Don't Wanna Fall in Love. The rest of the songs were as follows: Jaded, Dominated love slave (Tre realized after a lot of thought that he could use the word needles instead of staples), Ha Ha You're Dead (using horse hide instead of tinfoil), Knowledge, Scumbag, She, Stuck With Me, You Lied, and finally, Good Riddance. It wasn't too awfully much, but at least it was something. In Good Riddance they changed:

"So take the photographs
And still frames in your mind."

To:

"So make the drawings
And the pictures in your mind."

It wasn't too good, but they just needed to make it so that they wouldn't have to worry about them not having photos and still frames yet.

After they finished warming up, a small crowd had already gathered. Billie Joe shouted to them, "We are performers in what we call a 'band'. This person over here," he pointed to Mike, "Is Mike Dirnt on a bass guitar. Back there on the drums is Tre Cool. And I am Billie Joe Armstrong on the guitar. Our band's name is Green Day!" It sounded like he had a microphone. "Now you never heard anything like this before, so you may be surprised. Our first song we will play this afternoon is called Poprocks and Coke!"

The crowd stared on.

"Wherever you go

You know I'll be there... "

At first the people looked a little taken aback but then, slowly, a few started to look like they enjoyed it. By the end of it, most of the villagers looked like they had enjoyed it. The concert went on and soon Billie Joe was out on the stage all alone playing Good Riddance.

"It's something unpredictable,
But in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life."

When he had played the last note, there was applause and everyone looked way livelier than they had previously been.

After they got rid of the stage and the drum stuff, they fetched the dogs. The man from before came up to them. "Thank yer fer playin' fer us. I mus' admit I never heard anythin' like it before. If yer need board or food or somethin', ask fer Katherine. Tell her yer good with yer instruments and she'll give yer what yer need."

"Ok, Mr. Crazy," Tre said.

Mike stepped on Tre's foot. "Er, don't mind him. He sometimes is a bit odd. We think he might have been dropped on his head at birth."

Billie nodded, smiling on the inside.

The man looked at Tre before he walked off.

"Tre, you can't just call somebody crazy!" Mike shouted in a whisper.

Tre answered back in a whisper, "Why not?!"

"It's rude!" Mike kept up the whispering.

"Why are we whispering?" Tre whispered.

"I don't know!" Mike said normally.

"Well, should we find this Katherine, then?" Billie spoke up.

"Yeah, she might be hot," Tre said.

Mike and Billie just ignored the comment and went over to a young woman with long brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. She looked slender and pale.

"Excuse me, do you know where Katherine is?" Mike asked her politely.

The woman looked up and stared at them with surprise. "I would be her."