Angel or Devil

Too Real of a Dream

“My God!” I whispered, gawking at him. He just stood there looking back at me, staring into my eyes, as if he were reading my soul, page by page. I mentally hit myself, “That’s impossible,” I thought, trying to shake off that feeling that he was inside me, taking me all in, absorbing me. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a slight chuckle that escaped the man’s lips. I cocked my head, giving him a questioning look, all fear now seemed to be gone from my body.

“Don’t judge what you don’t understand,” was all he said with a playful smirk. He then turned and started walking away. I stood there dumbfounded while I watched his back getting smaller. I was completely clueless to everything that was going on. Now what was I supposed to do?

Then shockingly I heard a small voice in my head, “Follow.” Startled I jumped, and then decided to listen to the voice, I had no other options as far as I knew. I rushed to catch up with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up stretching, and then suddenly remembered all that had happened. My brain searched frantically, looking for answers all its questions. I quickly scanned the room looking for anything wrong with the picture. There wasn’t. It was my room. I sighed with relief as I realized it must’ve been a dream. I looked over my body looking for the usual marks and scars; they were all there, where they were supposed to be. I fell backward onto my bed, my breathing began to steady.

“It was so real.” I thought, getting up to take a shower. I got ready to go, then went to school as usual, but as soon as I stepped off of the bus I nearly fainted from what I saw. There was a picture of me taped onto the wall, as well as many other places along the school. Above my smiling picture from last year was written: RIP. I started to panic. “Oh my God!” I screamed, dropping on my knees, “No, I must still be dreaming!” I said, shaking my head profusely, as if it could wake me up from this nightmare. I pinched myself, but nothing happened- it didn’t hurt as it should have but I felt it just the same and it was definitely real.

I stopped, just stopped, for a moment that seemed to last forever. Then I once again remembered last night. “Yes, it was real.” I heard a familiar voice come from behind me. I looked around, half of me was glad he was here, half of me hated it. He stood out so much from the rest of the world surrounding me. It was then I realized how hazy and foggy the world looked, it was unnaturally so. The detail of the earth I once saw was now fuzzy, like a photo where once thing is in focus and everything else is blurry. And the color of what surrounded me was definitely faded- it was now more grayish. But what was even stranger was that everything kept on flickering back and forth, from the normal looking scenery to the gray, fuzzy world. As if it were all a hologram. Only him and myself were clear and detailed.

Then once again he began to walk away, but this time he didn’t need to say anything; I followed of my own accord, not knowing anything at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know, i know its short.... so sue me?!? comments= more story