Book Smart

I'll never let the Vampires get you

After about an hour when Mikey and Elena joined us (they had been fooling around under the rock climb) me and Elena started for our house.

"Let me walk you home..." Mikey said to Elena. She smiled and blushed.

***MIKEYS POV***
"Let me walk you home..." I said in her ear which made her smile. It was just so perfect. With her long, brown hair waving in the wind and her turquiose blue eyes, she was so beautiful. The sun was just setting and it caught her eyes in just the right light. Without her looking, I pulled out my camera and took the picture. When Frank came leaping up, obviously skittle-high, I shoved it back in my pocket.

"TAG, YOU'RE IT!" I heard Elena's friend yell as she tapped me and Elena. We both started running after them.

***ELENAS POV***
As I took a look at the sun that was just setting, I saw Mikey take a picture of me. I saw it just out of the corner of my eye, so I'm positive he didn't see me, but he looked so tense when Frank ran up to him. Oh well, maybe Frank just startled him...

***MACKIE'S POV***
"TAG, YOU'RE IT!" I screamed as I tapped Mikey and Elena and ran for it. "OH NO YOU DON'T!" Mikey called and then Elena jumped on his back. He seemed surprised at first, but then got his balance back. Then Frank came up to me from behind and picked me up from my waist. "WE HAVE TO HIDE FROM THE VAMPIRES! THEY'LL GET US! AGGHHH!" He screamed as he carried me to this tree house in someones backyard. We reached the tree trunk and I tripped on a loose root which made me stumble and Frank tried to grab me but I just ended up with my back to the tree trunk with Frank facing me about an inch from my face. He looked at me and a small smile came across his face. Then he started to lean in and..."MACKIE! FRANK! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Elena cried from the driveway of the house. Frank just scoot back so I could climb the ladder and we did, but Mikey and Elena caught us and we all piled into the tree house together.

"So where are we?" I asked Frank.
"Somewhere." He said. I was sitting on his lap and Elena on Mikey's since there wasn't much room in the 4' by 4' tree house.
"At least tell me who's house this is"
"Mine. And Mikey's. And Brian's." He said.
"Who's Brian?"
"A friend. You ask a lot of questions, you know that right?"
"Yuppers."
"Sweet."
We all laughed and Mikey opened a box and puled out 4 bags of skittles. He handed one to all of us and Frank downed his in about 3 minutes. Not even.

"Damn, Frank." Elena mumured. She had barely eaten half.
"Tdhaasd sjjkllityyss tasssset gooog" Frank said with a mouthful of skittles.
"I know the skittles taste good." I replied.
"How the fuck did you get that?" Mikey looked shocked.
"I dunno. That's just what it sounded like to me."
"Whatever."

We stayed there for hours it seemed playing Truth or Dare and telling stories and eating skittles. I fell asleep in Frank's arms and he held me close. As I fell asleep, I heard him say, "I'll never let the Vampires get you."