Harmonious Infatuation

Chapter Fourteen

Drea scowled as she peered at me through her brow. She aburptly unfolded a napkin and laid it across her lap. I looked at her, apathetic. She didn't take her eyes oof me until the waiter came and placed small salads infront of each of us. She kindly nodded to the waiter, who slightly bowed and turned the heat on under the pots full of vegetable oil.
"What are you getting?" I asked Drea finally, opening the menu infront of me.
She shrugged and stabbed a cucumber slice with her fork and popped it into her mouth.
"Okay...." I said, feeling a little defeated, "well I'm getting the sampler. It has a little bit of everything: shrimp, chicken, scallops..." I stopped talking the moment I saw Drea's eyes were still on me and looked absolutely scorching hot with anger.
I threw my napkin on the table then and set my fork aside, "let's go." I said to Drea but saw both of the boys eyes dart up at me. "Drea, now." I said sternly when she didn't get up and follow me.
I grew frustrated at her stubborness. Why was she such a diva sometimes?
I sighed and grabbed her arm, yanking her out of the chair. She followed behind me then, but slowing her pace. When we neared the bathrooms just beyond the bar, I twister the doorknob on the ladies bathroom and noticed it was locked. Great a single bathroom. My least favorite thing about public bathrooms. I tapped my foot and held onto Drea at the same time as I waited impatiently for what felt like forever for the girl who occupied the bathroom to come out. I gave her a rude glare and she speed walked out of the way. I pulled Drea into the bathroom with me and shut the door.
"What's going on?!" I threw my hands in the air.
Drea leaned her back on the closed door.
"Well?"
"I just...I didn't want Parker to be here, okay?" She finally admitted, dropping her arms to her sides.
"Oh," I rubbed my head, confused. "Why?"
"We have a," she paused and gazed at my questioning face, "past."
I raised my eyebrow at her and plopped down on the closed toilet lid, checking to make sure it looked sanitary.
"We went out one night last year. Same time of the year." She crossed her arms over her chest.
A loud pounding was then fisted into the other side of the door.
"Oh, go use the men's room!" I wailed. The knocking then stopped and I heard the faint pat of footsteps walk away. "How was it?" I asked, refering to Drea's statement.
"Awful." She breathed and whiped her hand down her face.
"How so?"
She sighed, "we went out for icecream and, well I don't know. I said some things about his siter before I even knew they were related. And if that isn't bad enough, I spilled my icecream all over myself. Plus, I threw up on him on teh way back to the dorms. It was awful." She lowered her head.
"Dre, I'm so sorry. I had no idea." I apologized as I got up off hte toilet seat and put my arms around her shoulder.
"It's fine. I'm over it now. I was just...Well, scared....That he would still hate me for it."
I laughed and Drea glared at me.
"Dre, he'd be a stupid boy to still hate you for something like that." I said, she grimaced. "And stupid to pass up an awesome person like you." I smiled and Drea threw her arms around me instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay okay. im not getting as many readers as I would have liked for this story.
so i may not continue with it.
maybe if i get a few comments on if i should continue, ill go through it finishing it.
but i need feedback.
if i dont continue with this, im still writing a new book.
so eyyyahh.
its all different characters, a different story line...and everything