I never said i'd lie and wait forever

4. Can You Take This Broken Boy

The bell rings and I sigh. Now I have to go to class and face my tormentors. I pack up my sketch book but as I stand so does Gerard. Through the corridors I notice him following me, every turn, until I stop outside of my classroom. He looks at the door number and then leans against the wall. I guess he's in my class. It's ok, it's art, my favourite lesson. Correction. The only lesson I like.

The teacher arrives and tells us all to find a seat and get pick up a piece of A3 paper. I take the paper to the corner of the room. I always sit in the corner. I feel safer there. Oh no, Gerard is walking over.

"Is it ok if I sit here,'' he says shyly, ''it's just there aren't any other seats.''

''Yeah ok, knock yourself out ,'' I reply just as shyly.

I read the notes the teacher has put on the board. It says.

On your A3 paper I would like you to draw the person sitting next
to you in great detail. Adding shading. I would prefer it to be in black
and white but colour may be used if wanted. This must be finished
before the bell rings for morning break,
Thanks Mr Ball


My heart sinks. I thought this lesson would be good but now I have to talk to Gerard. I look shyly at him and he looks just as nervous as me.

''Can i draw you first ?'' He blurts out.

''Erm, Yes ok .'' I reply.

He starts to draw an outline of my face but then he adds detail, he is really talented. After 20 minutes of him sticking his tongue out like a toddler, he coughs to let me know he is done. I look at his picture and I just stare at it.

''It's unbelievable,'' I utter almost in a whisper.

''Thanks,'' He utters blushing.

Why does he keep blushing ? I decide not to ponder about it but get started on my portrait of him. Focusing on his long black locks. After 15 minutes had passed II turned my picture round to let him see my work. He had the cheesiest grin plastered across his face. I guess he liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are much appreciated

(: