Hypnotized by the Carbon Monoxide

Chapter Nine

“Hell yes!” Charlie yelled falling back into the couch her legs tucked up a bit first raised in the air as first place flashed across her screen and second across Ant’s. “Nice game.” She smiled at him stretching her hand out to the older boy.

“Yeah.” He laughed shaking it.

“Dude, you just got beat by a girl 14 years younger than you are.” Blake pointed out lightly as Charlie hugged Paul squealing lightly that she’d one.

“Yeah and she’s nine years younger than you.” Ant countered as Blake did the math quickly agreeing.

“But I didn’t lose to her, I lost to him.” He stated pointing at Paul. The group rolled their eyes and left chatting with one another. Charlie’s eyes scanned the group for the tallest to give her short form a piggy back ride. She paused seeing to backs, torn between the two. One of whom she knew, the other who she’d just met earlier in the day.

“I’d attack Trace.” Glancing over she smiled at Benji slinging an arm over her shoulder lightly. “He needs someone to pick on him other than his band mates, you know?” He asked lightly as she nodded her head looking between William and Trace debating it. William would possibly just stop till she got off annoyed, he didn’t have enough energy to carry her, but then again neither did Trace...

“Okay.” She stated laughing slightly as Benji clapped. Running over she grabbed the tall boy’s shoulders pulling her self up as he stumbled around instantly grabbing her legs to steady the two of them. “Hola…. Are you a senior?” She asked lightly looking into his blue eyes as he turned his head staring at her with wide eyes.

“What?” He muttered squeaking a bit letting his arms go slack, not sure if he should be holding her up or not. What if she wanted down and he thought he was being too clingy? Could that get him hurt or not with her or would she understand he was just trying to stay up right?

“Are you a senior… or a Monsieur?” She asked again tipping her head to the side watching as his blue eyes narrowed confused.

“What’s your background?” William muttered watching. “And she wants a piggy back so I’d keep walking.” Nodding Traced ripped his eyes away from her as he shifted her up higher walking along.

“Yay!” she declared childishly sticking her legs out in front of her and Trace leaning back a bit, one hand in the air the other griping Trace’s shoulder lightly as he leaned forward a bit to balance out the fact that she was leaning back.

“Someone’s tiered.” William mused watching the overly childish woman roll her eyes.

“Nope, not one bit. I’m just happy I finally found someone willing to give me piggy back rides.” She giggled wrapping her arms around Trace giving him and awkward shrug as he pushed her up a bit more with a shrug. Sitting back up she placed her hand son his shoulders looking at everyone watching them all come out the back doors in a mob waiting like crouching tigers. “I’m bored…” She mused lightly wrapping her arms back around Trace’s neck and leaning her chin on his shoulder. Sniffling a bit as the cold tickled her nose she smiled a bit.

“Like piggy back rides do you?” Trace asked noticing the small smile on her full lips. The smile widened as she nodded at him not willing to admit she liked the way he smelled. It was a mixture of Ax spray, sweat and a sugar sweet smell as if he spent all day baking in a bakery; it was a warm, lively smell that made her warm on the inside. “Who would have figured, the bad ass girl of So Be It has a soft spot for cute cuddly hamsters and piggy back rides.” He muttered lightly watching her reaction.

“That’s not true.” She stated lifting a finger at him. “I only like Puff, other wise I don’t really like cute cuddly animals.” She muttered poking him in the nose. “Cute and Cuddy don’t really mix well with me.” She stated in all honesty. “I’m not too in touch with my feelings, I mean I gave my cat to my little brother because he kept watching Puff as if he were food, the basic food chain or the fact that he never truly did anything wrong coming into play.” She muttered as Trace nodded not understand how much younger her little brother was compared to her and how badly the poor tabby was being tortured everyday. “And I still don’t regret giving Oliver to Tom.” Trance nodded understand the Oliver part William had mumbled on stage after she almost took him out with her guitar.

“How old’s your brother?” He asked softly stopping to take a sharpie from a girl and sign her t-shirt. “Wanna…” Trace didn’t even get to finish as Charlie reached out holding the shirt taught under her fingers with enough space from him to sign in. “Thanks.” He mumbled signing his name.

“Can she sign it?” The girl asked timidly.

“Sure can.” Charlie muttered as Trace bent down a little farther so she could not only sign it but hold the fabric taught under one hand as well. “There you go.” She smiled patting Trace on the head. “Up lackey, up.” She stated Trace rose to his full height. “That… hold on.” She muttered turning looking around as Trace laughed out how indecisive she was, but waited none the less. “That way!” She yelled pointing straight ahead of him. “I see my good old buddy that away.” She chirped happily.

“Yes master.” Trace muttered as she leaned her chin against his shoulder as he wandered up the crowded sidewalk muttered that they were looking for someone, people followed. “Where am I going?” He asked lightly looking over at her for a second slowing down.

“Towards the bleach blonde!” She stated pointing at Crystal through the crowd of kids just ahead of them.

“The one talking with Benji or the one talking to the tall brown haired girl?” Trace muttered confused seeing several bleach blonde but picking out two that were possibly under Charlie’s pointing finger.

“The one with the tall brunette.”

“Your wish is my command.” Trace joked lightly pushing Charlie up higher as he wandered closer to the two girls weaving in and out of people as they went. The soft bay breeze tugging at their hair while the cold chill of it nipping at their bare flesh as they wandered; their body heat keeping each other warmer than they would have been if they were standing by themselves.

“Seriously? Sweet, get my some JD when you have time.” Laughter burst form Trace’s lung as he leaned forward a bit, one hand covering his smile. The seriousness in Charlie’s voice made the statement complete hilarious to him, and he wasn’t sure why either. “Crystal!” Charlie squealed ignoring the laughing man under her. Slipping form his back she ran at the girl hugging her. “Did you enjoy the show?” She asked as Trace went about taking pictures and signing a few things behind her.

“Oh my god it was amazing!” Crystal muttered pausing as she noticed Trace. Leaning towards Charlie, Charlie smiled with pursed lips and leaned in as well. “Is that Trace Cyrus?” Turing Charlie lifting her hands to over her eyes looking around for anyone that might resemble Trace in the crowd ignoring the fact he was two feet from her.

“Where?” She asked Crystal looked down a red blush across her cheeks as Trace looked at them his bright blue eyes seeming to bore into the women he was looking at. “I don’t see him.” She shrugged lightly turning her back on Trace as bent down to a girl half his height for a picture.

“Right behind you.” Crystal gasped in a soft hush, spinning once again Charlie pointed at Trace as he bent a little lower for the small girl who kept apologizing for her lack of height and his massive amount of it. “Yes him.”

“I don’t know, Lackey!” Charlie declared lifting a finger Trace waited for the flashed before standing up right. “Do you see Trace Cyrus anywhere?” She teased rubbing her chin as if thinking about it. Turing Trace placed a hand above his eyes narrowing his eyes a bit scanning the crowd.

“No.” Trace stated as he tried not smile as he played along with her game. He watched as she lifted a hand.

“See, I told you, you were seeing things.” Crystal looked between the two confused as Trace looked around again, his lips shifting to the left side of his mouth in a concentrative purse of a pout.

“I see a Mason Musso if that helps.” Trace shrugged, turning to Crystal Charlie lifting a hand as if asking if she wanted Mason. Rolling her eyes Crystal pushed Charlie making her stumble. “Want me to keep looking for my self?” He asked watching as Charlie stumbled clapping her hands she as she laughed, a smile breaking across his features as he tried not to laugh as well. Shaking her head, Charlie’s hair fluttered around her shoulders while Trace looked at Crystal. “Did you want something?” He asked kindly as Crystal’s eyes went wide, cheeks burning a bright red.

“Oh!” Charlie muttered lifting a hand in the air. “I think she wants to do you.” Crystal’s mouth dropped open as she stared at Charlie as if she were her mom showing Trace her naked baby pictures. Sighing Trace slung an arm over Crystal’s shoulders.

“I’m sorry I only do pictures, autographs, hugs and completely and utterly random conversations.” Trace stated seriously with a click of his tongue. Turning to him quickly Crystal laughed.

“I don’t…” She glanced at Charlie still laughing at her. “I hate you.” She whispered to her holding her head completely embarrassed. Gasping Charlie threw her arms around the small girl hugging her.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to! I was joking!” Charlie gasped at her as Traced turned to a few kids wanting signatures, agreeing he gave signed the few items watching Charlie and Crystal out of the corner of his eye closely not wanting to miss anything. “I didn’t mean to.” Charlie muttered softly to the blonde who looked up at her with a smile. “Oh that’s low!” Charlie yelled pulling back quickly as if she’d been burned. “That was low!” She gasping pointing at the blonde and Trace and Jamie stood by watching the two women as if it were a TV Show.

“Trace.” He muttered turning to Jamie. “Lackey for the night.” He added as Jamie nodded.

“Jamie.” She muttered grabbing his large hand. “That one’s,” She pointed at Crystal lightly. “Cold, bored friend.” Both nodded lightly at the other position still watching the two girls bicker wildly, their words mixing with the roar of the kids on the side walk, neither one watching them could figure out what they were staying. “Do you know what they just said?” Jamie asked lightly brows narrowing in confusion as she glance du pat Trace’s face, it was mimicking her: His brows were pulled down and knitted together in confusion, jaw a bit tight as he pouted his lips a bit, arms crossed over his chest so he was holding both his elbows.

“I think your friend just said something about a chicken and motorcycle and I think Charlie said something about chicken nuggets and trickles and scariness.” Trace waved his hand around as the word left his lips at the confusion he was in and ho hilarious it was possibly coming out of Charlie’s mouth. Scariness didn’t seem like a word that would come out of Charlie’s mouth ever.

The sad part to it was, he wasn’t completely off Crystal had yelled coming about being chicken and embarrassed while Charlie yelled something about Motorcycles and scary things.

“Excuse me.” Trace muttered sliding forward hoping he wouldn’t get killed. “I’m sorry to break up this amazing good time, but is this fight even necessary? Can’t you guys just hug…?” he asked lightly not to sure about the girl world and how it some how magically revolved around him and everything else. “And make everything all better; we all understand that we were all joking.” He muttered clasping his hands together in front of his as he tried to avert of a possible cat fight from taking place. Both rolled their eyes and gave a simple high five as they watched him with a raised brow. “That works too.” He mumbled lightly with a side bob of his head. Stepping back he turned to a few kids still clogging the sidewalk and smiled at them.
♠ ♠ ♠
all I have to say it thank you.
I'm really not awake enough to do witty banter,
or rant too much.
Trace star's because of you guys and I love you for it.

-Goldfish