Hypnotized by the Carbon Monoxide

Chapter Twenty-Two

“Avoid Charlie.” Trace looked up from his sidekick a bit startled. “Bad blood as occurred in the past five minutes.” Mason sighed sitting across from Trace at the kitchen table. “According to Brendon who’s having his bleeding head attended to.” Trace brows narrowed. Charlie hadn’t fought with any one in several days; it was weird to hear she’d injured Brendon. “He says he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She through something big and heavy and he accidently got hit. But she also kicked Matt, Tony, Willie, and Aimz off their bus for the evening.” He finished lamely.

“What about Lacey?” Trace mumbled softly. Mason shrugged.

“I think she was exiled with Will.” Trace nodded softly. He stood leaving the bus and heading for So Be It’s. He paused seeing Lacey tending to Brendon’s head on the sidewalk. Kids watched from a distance afraid to go near him. Trace’s eyes turned towards the bus as he listened to the muffled yelling of Charlie.

“She okay?” Trace asked softly. Everyone shrugged. “What’s wrong?” He rephrased.

“Fuck if I know.” Brendon huffed. “I heard a ‘What the fuck? You prick!’ Looking into the back lounge got clocked in the head by Tony’s little, metal Virgin Mary statue. Next thing I know I feel like I’m on Normandy beach with the way Will and Tony fucking extracted my ass out of the bus to here… and that’s all a blur.” Trace’s brows narrowed in confused. He didn’t understand how Brendon was extracted.

“He’s possibly got a concussion. What happened way Charlie threw the statue in a random direction, I know I watched her pick it up and hurl it with, Brendon happened to be in the way. When he dropped Tony and I grabbed him and whisked him out here.” Trace nodded under standing.

“I’m a bitch? You’re the fucking asswhole!” Everyone froze at how clear Charlie’s words rang out of the bus.

“Is she on the phone with WiL?” Trace tried. He’d spent almost every second with Charlie over the past few days. He knew how most conversations with the two went down.

Will and Matt looked at each other.

“Maybe.” Matt muttered softly, scratching the side of his neck. “Shit, they’ve never fought like this.” He mused. Trace sighed.

“I’ll go see.” He mumbled walking to the bus and swinging the door open. He ignored everyone yelling at him not to. Locking the door behind him he took a deep breath and moved up the stairs to Charlie pacing the room in nothing more than a black, lace push up bra and a pair of tight black skinny jeans. “Charlie.” She spun on her heels glaring at him. Lifting his hands he sat down. “I’ll wait.” He muttered Charlie huffed storming into the back of the bus as he sat there, waiting for her to get off the phone.

Trace sat there for Twenty minutes playing with Puff through the bars of his cage. It’d be unwise to simply remove the cute little guy with Charlie so angry. It’d get him killed and he liked living.

“Men are douche bags.” Trace looked up at bit startled by he suddenly bursting into the room. Charlie glared down at the stunned man. He was a man, and he had balls. She could easily rip them off.

“Yes,” Trace breathed with a soft bob of his head. “Yes we are, for the most part.” Charlie stopped her plan to rip his balls of at his words. “But, we’re all douche bags for different reasons. Care to tell me who’s the super douche of the day and why?” Charlie huffed lightly and sat on the couch next to him.

“WiL.” She mumbled childishly. “He cheated on me because the other day I told him I didn’t think it was working out.” Trace nodded remembering that phone call. He’d been painting Charlie’s toe nails blood red so he could get his iPod back. In which she’d used, stolen and hidden it during the early morning of that day.

“Why would he cheat? That only insures that the relationship won’t last. I don’t think he’s a douche bag.” Charlie lifted her head of Trace’s shoulder the second she put it down. “I think he’s mental retarded.” Charlie rolled her eyes with a snort. “I mean… don’t kill me for this. I know you’re in a bad mood but just remember I’m trying to make you feel better.” Charlie nodded slowly with narrowed eyes. “I’m not sure this is going to come out right so I’m insuring that I possibly live for being a douche bag guy.”

“Get on with it.” Charlie snapped.

“He’s a douche bag yeah,” Trace stated quickly with a small wave of his hands. “But he’s not the biggest douche bag, he’s the biggest idiot or retard, or both,” He added the last part quickly. Charlie slid back watching his every move; the way he moved his hands and arms, the way he held him self, and the way he made small facial gestures as he spoke. “Because he’s purposely throwing you away for a one night stand. To me that makes him a retard. I wouldn’t throw you away, even if we did fight like you and WiL do, for a marriage with some other girl.” Charlie rose a brow, interested with this conversation now. “I mean, shit. He gets to have sex with you. I’m sorry to say but I’ve seen in hardly nothing,” Trace stated recalling the night at the gas station. “I can only imagine how good you look naked, sweaty and I’ve heard you moan to make Ronnie suffer. All that combined would be well worth the fighting.” Charlie smiled lightly.

“And you know what?” Charlie stated leaning towards Trace. He hummed lightly watching her. “We don’t fight either.” Trace nodded lightly. He wasn’t sure where that was going. “And I’m single.” She stated.

Trace force. He licked his lips lightly, hoping his dirty, hopeful mind wasn’t going in the wrong direction she was trying to lead him.

“Yeah?” He asked softly. He nodded as Charlie leaned in.

“You don’t get where I’m going do you?” Charlie sighed a bit disappointed that Trace was missing the hint.

“You’re trying to lead me to your bunk, but,” Charlie frowned. “I don’t really want to be a rebound.”

“Who said you would be a rebound?” Charlie pressed. Trace frowned at the words. “If you hadn’t noticed, I’ve been hitting on you for a while because I constantly forgot I was even with WiL, then I remember and stopped for the time, or you reminded me. Trust me, you’re not a rebound… per say.”

“Per say?” He asked. Charlie sighed.

“Yes it’s rebound sex that I want right now. But no it’s not going to stay that way.” Trace pursed his lips as Charlie leaned in.

“I think you need to do a few things before we go there.” Charlie pressed her large lips to Trace’s neck. “Then we can go there for hours.” Charlie pulled away as Trace took a deep breath. He could feel his pulse already quickening and his stomach tightening with anticipation slightly.

“What?” She stated.

“First put a shirt on, and not because I don’t like the view. I do.” Trace stated. A smile formed on Charlie’s lips as she wound her arms around his shoulders. “It’s for several reasons. The first one is that you get off the bus tell Brendon sorry for almost knocking him out and giving him a concussion, and secondly because I want to be able to remove it.” Charlie laughed as she shifted into his lap. Trace smiled up at her as he wound his arms around her waist.

Her skin was so smooth and warm under his hands. He’d missed the feeling of a women’s skin under his large, calloused hands. He missed the feeling of the curves and supple skin under his hands, lips and body. There was no way he was backing out of this, not with Charlie finally single and perched over him.

Flipping her hair out of her face, she leaned over Trace pressing her lips to his neck kissing up and down his smooth flesh. She giggled lightly as she reached under his chin; she could feel the stubble there. It pricked against her full chapped lips.

Trace swallowed his adams-apple bobbing against the base of her chin.

“Then you have to do something to convince everyone to stay off the bus for the night and that I’m forced to stay here for un known reasons. Then, after that.” Charlie frowned. “It’s either my way or I’m out of here yelling you’re crazy pissed and WiL is a dead man. Which I’m sure he is.” Charlie bit her bottom lip.

“Someone’s grown some balls today haven’t they?”

“I’ve always had balls. I just tend to like to keep them so I’ve kept them in my bunk most the time.” He teased. Charlie bit her lip lightly as she leaned back in. “Now go be a good girl and do as told.” Charlie huffed. “If you don’t, we’re not getting any closer to be naked and connected at the hips.”

“Fine.” Charlie huffed getting up and walking to the back. She came back with a regular t-shirt. “Let’s see you rip this off me.” She teased walking down the steps and kicking open the door.

Everyone froze expecting Trace to come tumbling out. Huffing Charlie placed her hands on her hips.

“Where’s Trace?” Matt asked standing up quickly. Charlie huffed.

“Why the hell are you on the ground?” She snapped looking at Brendon ignoring her brother.

“You hit me with a fucking Virgin Mary Statue!” Brendon gasped throwing his arms up.

“Well, you’re the only Virgin left on the bus that must be why it sought you out.” She stated. A smile formed on Brendon’s lips. “By the way do we have a really big butcher knife?” Brendon nodded with out thinking.

“No!” Everyone yelled as Charlie began messing with the key pad on the inside of the door, changing the combination.

“Yeah we do. It’s in the top knife drawer.” Brendon muttered softly, his head wound affecting his judgment.

“Thanks Brennie. Sorry I hit you.” She stated cheerfully and slamming the door, the new combo locked into her memory despite the fact there was no way she was leaving the bus any time soon.

Trace watched as she passed him. She’d just completed his requests so he was a bit confused why she’d just side passed him. He watched as she rummaged through a drawer.

“Yay!” She yelled holding up a large butcher knife. People began pounding against the door as they saw her lift it through the window. “Time for fun.” She stated closing all the blinds.

“Charlie!!” Everyone yelled as she placed it back in it’s place. Making her way over to Trace she straddled his hips.

“As I said, time for fun.” She breathed. Trace smiled pulling her lips to his kissing her. Charlie let out a moan at the feeling of his full lips on her. She lifted her hips off his and pressed him back into the couch as their lips moved feverishly together.

“Charlie, don’t kill Trace! Charlie!” Trace’s head tipped back as Charlie pressed her hand against his crouch.

“Fuck!” He yelled as he let out a deep breath.

“Charlie!!” Trace looked back at Charlie, his mouth slightly open, his eyes clouded over just like Charlie’s.

“As some of our friends have put it. It’s way too full.” She breathed, her breath ghosting against his face.