Hypnotized by the Carbon Monoxide

Chapter Eight

The wind whipped around the dark streets of Berkeley. The wind rustled the branches of the trees rattling the leaves together as it sent chills down peoples spines waiting for the bands to exit.

Inside the bands stood around watching an intense Donkey Conga game going on between the four bands. Billy Martin representing Good Charlotte, Bryan Monte representing Escape the Fate, Trace Cyrus representing Metro Station as Charlie Waters represented So Be It; It was the tournament of guitarist, the tournament of bassists was up next, the tournament of vocalist had already gone by: Ronnie Radke’s hot temper and quick hands getting him first, William Benadenttie placing second as he played the game with out any interest, Joel Madden coming in last as he tried to show off and Mason Musso placing third blaming it on his lack of knowledge of the game when they first started.

Slamming their hands against the bongos the four stared at the large screen intently. No one blinked as they played. Charlie’s shoulders moved with the beat as she kept timing, playing the game rhythmically. Lifting her hands she clapped quickly, her claps echoing off Mr. Martin’s.

“Damn it.” Monte muttered missing the claps and half the beats as Trace groaned. “I suck at video games.” He stated lightly laughing at his own failure while, while his band members yelled at him to hit at certain times and clap. “Shut up!” He gasped as the other three playing laughed still going. Quickly the tempo picked up.

“Fuck!” Charlie yelled slapping her thighs getting the claps as she raised her hands hit the bongos going quickly.

“That’s cheating!” Billy yelled clapping for the next set of claps while Charlie simply slapped her thighs.

“It’s not my fault you don’t have thunder thighs.” Charlie barked back clapping her thigh her hand slapping at the right bongo just in time to get the note while Billy used his elbow.

“I’m fucking lost!” Trace yelled sticking his tongue out of his mouth trying to focus on what he was doing, all the yelling throwing him off a bit as Blake yelled in his ear to play, to play his little musical soul out. “Shut up!” He laughed swatting at the man missing several notes falling farther and farther behind Billy and Charlie as they stared at the screen, neither one blinking their eyes or removing them from the screen.

“You can take him Charlie!” Brendon yelled jumping up at down as William and Tony watched the game go by, not wanting to disturb her; nor did they care for the game that much they just got wrapped up in it.

“Come on Billy! Prove to this loser you’re the video game king!” The yelling around the two focusing intently on the game didn’t even get to their ears, all they saw where the beats and claps on the screen, they were lost to the colors and the game. Nothing else mattered to them but playing the game.

“I still say using your thighs is cheating.” Billy barked listening to the claps echo off her girlish, round thighs.

“Bite me stick boy.” Charlie growled lightly elbowing the man to her right as she glanced at Trace’s sliver of the screen to her left. Billy elbowed her back, neither missing a beat as they continued to shove each other. “Don’t make me…” Charlie quickly hit the last few notes of the game waiting for it to total the points. “I win!” she declared at first flashed in he small screen.

“Slapping your thighs in cheating!” Billy yelled as his section flashed second, Trace’ third and Bryan Monte- who had given up halfway through the game and just leaned back- coming in dead last.

“Your just jealous you didn’t think of it.” Charlie laughed hugging the tiny man.

“I’m cheering for you in the final round.” He laughed lightly patting her on the head as Trace scratched his chin confused at what was happening to his right while Monte gladly passed Max Green his bongos.

“Yay!! I got a cheering squad started!” Charlie gasped getting up as Brendon jumped over the couch taking her spot. Paul replaced Billy and Blake replaced Trace since they didn’t actually have a bassist. “Woo! Where's your cheerleading outfit buddy?” She joked pointing at Billy lightly.

“Uh…what?” Billy muttered confused as the rest of the room burst into fits of laughter while the bassist round began.

“So Benji, you’re playing as a drummer?” Charlie asked sitting on the back of the couch poking at Brendon knowing it’d make him focus more on the game just to ignore her poking and possibly win the game as she watched the older Madden twin.

“Yeah but I’m playing are your drummer cause Tony just left saying he was going to go check on some stuff. He also said he’d see if Puff needed more food and call you before he did anything with Puff.” Throwing her arms in the air her lips pulled back over her lips in victory.

“Yes, we’ve got a Madden on a team!” She laughed high fiving the man as she went back to poking Brendon. “Brenny bear.” She muttered in a small, cutesy voice distracting Max, and Blake- Paul was far to into the game to notice her change in tone. “If you don’t win this… I’ll make you regret it.” Brendon sat up right more, his lips forming a hard line as his jaw tightened. Leaning back she simply poked him till he stood up with a sigh. “I was only joking Brenny Bear.” She laughed he nodded smiling at her. “No duh-” Brendon lunged at her, arms wrapping around her shoulders as he tackled her off the back of the couch. “Ow.” She whispered from under him as he sat up on her hips. “I hate you.”

“But I luv yew.” Brendon muttered childishly.

“I love you both but I’d like a cheering squad since I am playing for you.” Benji snapped as the game started. Scrambling to get up they both leaned over him pumping their fists cheering him on by chanting his name. “That’s what I’m talkin’ ‘bout.” He laughed as the game went on.

“Yes!” Ant declared standing up as first place flashed in his screen, Benji coming in second, Robert third and Dean-o in forth. Benji glanced at his drummer.

“How are you apart of GC?” He asked jokingly. “You can’t play video games?” He added ruffling the fuzz on the drummers head. Rolling their eyes Charlie climbed over the couch sitting down behind Benji. “Hello my dear.” He laughed looking back at her, her legs sticking out on either side of him lightly. A small smile spread across his lips as he watched her closely debating if she was going to do something or not.

“Move, final round.” Standing up Benji held his hands out to her as if to say royalty or beauty first as he back up while she put the bongos between her thighs. Ronnie sat to her left, Ant on the other side of Ronnie and Paul to her right all ready to play.

“We’re going expert on this round like all the others.” Joel muttered pacing in front of the screen hands placed in front of him. “Slapping your thighs does count; it registers on the game, there for fair.” He muttered turning to glare at Billy rolling his eyes, arms crossed over his broad but thin chest. “Now… we oddly enough have someone from each band. For Escape Ronnie.” Escape the Fate cheered and hollered for him as he clapped for himself smiling at the three sitting around him proudly. “Now for So Be It we have Charlie.” Brendon, William and Billy all cheered.

“Sorry Paul but I said I’d cheer for her.” Paul shrugged effortlessly at Billy’s words while waiting for Joel to finish.

“I’d cheer for her too.” Paul mused. Giggling Charlie hugged him tightly smiling up at him. “I love you too Pum.” He stated watching as she frowned at the old nickname he’d first given her when they went on their first major tour; Good Charlotte happened to be the head lining band for the tour.

“Eh, you suck.” She grumbled as Brendon bent over in laughter with Benji and Joel, Billy and William covering their mouths with their hands as they suppressed their laughter at the old nickname only Paul could get away with, and they’d all almost forgotten.

“Okay, Okay… oh god.” Joel whispered wiping at his eyes as he took in large gulps of air trying to breath. Glaring at the Madden Charlie’s lips pursed to the right side of her mouth in annoyance. “For Metro Station we have Ant… oh god Paul I love you. So the to make this go quicker, if you miss fifty notes your out till there is only one left.” Joel laughed stumbling out of the way of the TV screen. “Go for it, anything goes.” He laughing leaning on his brother who was leaning on William for support as Billy held Brendon up right chuckling softly to himself.

“What the hell are we missing?” Mason asked lightly throwing his arms up a bit annoyed as the others shrugged at the frowning woman and proud smiling man to her right. “Games starting.” He declared as all found on the couch slapped their bongos a few times. Everyone’s attention was shifted towards the screen forgetting the nickname that was floating around their heads slowly disappearing as they watched and listen to the game waiting for someone to miss the first fifty notes.

Charlie glanced to her left quickly, not missing a beat. Slowly her thick lips twisted into a smile. Tipping their heads to the side at the same time Brendon and Billy watched, slowly Brendon pointed at his best friend a bit confused by the devious grin. Glancing at Ronnie to her left the smirk spread as she clicked her tongue behind her teeth.

“Oh…” Brendon laughed slapping his hand against his forehead as she shifted in her seat a bit. Leaning over she quickly bit at the man’s neck missing a few notes before she pulled away.

“WHAT THE FUCK?!” The group of men yelled completely and utterly confused as she held her grin still playing leaving Mr. Radke completely frozen in his seat by her actions. Slowly he looked at her with wide eyes mouth open slowly forming a grin.

“Ronnie you’re out!” Joel yelled watching the screen. Ronnie’s dark brown eyes darted back to the screen to see his missed beat and points were rising well over fifty.

“Fuck! That’s cheating!” He yelled pointing at the innocent guitarist next to him.

“Joel said I quote: Go for it, anything goes. End quote.” Charlie mused lightly slapping at her thighs and slapping at the bongos quickly while Paul and Any clapped. Grunting Ronnie slipped over the back out of the couch watching as he screen kept missing. Laughing lightly the guys patted him on the back as other cheered for her in her defeat of Ronnie with in the first minute of the game.

“She is right thought Ronnie.” Ronnie grunted touching his neck and smiling down at the back at her head proudly. Trace watched as the man visually un-dressed her as she played the game not even paying attention to the people around her.

“Paul you’re out.” Joel muttered as Paul missed his fiftieth note on the game. With a sigh he set his bongos down watching the game. Gently he patted Charlie on the shoulder to let her know he was on her side of the team.

The group watched for another few good moments neither Ant or Charlie missing enough notes to get them above twenty misses to lose the game, both their names mingling in the air from the guys around them as they both occupied the nearly empty couch. Their eyes focused on the screen, Ant’s mouth slightly slack as he watched the screen, Charlie’s lips slightly pursed as if she were about to give someone a quick peck on the lips.

Both froze hands up as they waited for the score and tell them who was the winner of the ultimate Donkey Conga challenge.

The air grew still for a few seconds; everyone leaned in waiting for the screen.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! another one, I know for a fact I'm posting another chapter like...
thirty minutes after this?
Yay insperation and insomnia!

Thanks for the comments,
Thank your for subscribing
Thank you for even reading this.
It's give this story Trace Stars
Sorry, bad pun but I couldn't help my self. :]
Goldfish