Status: Completed

In the Best Damn Dress I Own

In The Best Damn Dress I Own

Jay tried her best to stifle her laughter as Frank made insulting faces behind the teacher's back. Their math teacher was a total asshole, but luckily spent most of his class facing the front of the room explaining things using either the chalk board or the overhead. Mr. Simmons droned on about the practical uses of calculus, completely oblivious to the fact that he was being made a fool of.

The bell rang; it was a holy sound to the class. Frank waited for Jay to gather up her stuff, even going so far as to grab her book for her and carry it. They walked down the crowded halls talking about nothing in particular, until Mikey found them.

His girlfriend Dell (which was short for Delilah, a name she hated) was having her sweet sixteen and wanted all of Mikey's friends to come. Frank and Jay didn't know her all that well but agreed to go despite the required formal attire.

Mikey thanked them sweating nervously just thinking about how uncomfortable it was going to be.

Jay hugged him awkwardly with one arm while walking, in a reassuring manner. The two of them had always been close, especially since they were both shy until they became comfortable around the people they were with. Frank just smiled and let him know he'd force Ray to come as well. They headed off their separate ways, planning to meet when school let out.

Jay had met Gerard when she was in Kindergarten and he was in second grade. They were both at the nurses office, but she was being a bitch and wouldn't let them go home even though they were both really sick. So they spent the entire day just laying on cots in the back of the room and whispering back and forth to each other. They had been getting on like a cheap toupee on an accountant ever since. It was through him that she had met Frank and Mikey, and it was her that introduced them to Ray, and Ray who had introduced Bob. They were all really tight now. Now Gerard and Ray were seniors and they were all scared shitless of what would happen when they left for college.

Frank hugged Jay when she joined her friends outside the school. Gerard and Bob were next in line for hugs followed by Mikey and Ray. Ray's girlfriend, Carmon, and Gerard's significant other Isabel were planning on going shopping for dresses with this one chick Nadine who they were sort of friends with.

Jay agreed to go with them while the boys all tried to find something half decent to wear and play video games. Lucky bastards. Jay was in no way particularly fond of the obnoxiously perky, pushy, prissy sales people who usually worked in dress stores.

They all climbed in Carmon's car and, after a few quick stops at their houses to get money, found themselves wandering around in the mall, proverbial raccoons surrounded by shiny objects. They eventually found what they were looking for in a store called 'La Glam'. It was decorated exactly like an '80s music video, with hints of retro even in the dress styles. Most of them were completely modern though, in bright colors and some entirely dark. It looked like a bipolar psychotic's mind had vomited up split personalities that fit together strangely well.

Nade (she protested her full name with utter loathing, and turned out to be a very fun, high energy girl) immediately found a neon green dress that hugged her to her mid thigh, then flared out with black and green tooly (tutu fabric), stopping a little after her knees, and had a chunky black belt, totally reminiscent of the era the store was clearly modeled after.

She went on about how she already had the perfect chunky black plastic hoop earrings and neon green glow in the dark mascara to go with it. It didn't take her long to find a nice pair of black calf high boots to match. Isabel found her dream gown in the form a black calf length dress that flared out with dark purple to look almost like a wild west hooker.

It had a corset top with dark purple ribbons and attachable arm socks. The neckline dipped low to show off her perfect, unbelievably pale skin while remaining tasteful. She had a pair of black boots at home that would me more than adequate. Carmon only needed a pair of strapy bright red heels that were held on only by satin ribbons that ran up her calves and some red nail polish.

She already had the perfect dress at home. The sales lady was actually nice, not overbearing or too distant.

Though she loved the store there was just nothing in there for Jay. She slumped at home stressing over what she would wear to the party. She wouldn't be let within 20 yards of the door if she were wearing just normal clothes. She pulled open her closet door, combing through her wardrobe until the dim light fell on the most beautiful piece of clothing she owned. In that instant her heart skipped a beat. How could she have forgotten?

Gerard and Mikey's Grandmother Elena had made it for her for her birthday a few months ago. She hadn't even had a chance to wear it yet. She pulled the strapless red and black dress form it's hanger and practically ripped her clothes off in order to slip into it and zip it up. It was the most comfortable and natural feeling thing she'd ever worn. Squealing she did a little dance of joy. She desperately wanted to go to that party, just to spend time with her friends, and of course support Mikey.

In her head she admitted in a mental whisper that dancing with Frank may have also been part of her motivation. She took it off and laid it aside in a safe place.

-The Party-

With red rimmed eyes and her only pair of shoes that even remotely fit her attire (her black ballet slippers) Jay was escorted in the large oak doors of Dell's house by her friends.

"May I have this dance?" Frank asked smiling to indicate what he thought of all of the false courtesy that went on at such occasions. She laughed and accepted, trying not to think about how much she had prayed desperately to hear those words. They swayed to half of a slow song before something with a little more energy came on. It was an Irish jig tune. Most people, not knowing how to react to that left the dance floor, wandering toward the food or else just mingling.

Dell and her sister hitched up their skirts and started flying all over everywhere insanely. Her parents had said that classic Irish music was acceptable, after all. They looked exasperated but not altogether surprised. Frank and Jay recklessly swung around kicking and flailing freely.

Gerard and Isabel were next to them in the next moment, the rest of their friends, even poor Mikey, abandoning all sense of dignity and joining in. The DJ started playing things that Dell had requested, and her parents, tired of fighting with her and not prepared to make a scene, went outside for a smoke.

Dell's cousin Rick cut in to dance with Jay as a more reserved song came on. They waltzed around in circles before the final notes began to fade.

"I really like you," Rick smiled. "Maybe we could get together some time." He was really a very nice person, and pretty easy on the eyes. But he just wasn't Jay's type. Frank grabbed her hipbones from behind, pulling her backwards against him.

"Sure, I could always use another friend." She made sure to elaborate on her intentions giving him a quick grin before Frank started dragging her in the other direction. Rick looked a little disappointed but he would live. He smiled and went to look for a new partner.

"I don't like that kid," Frank scowled in Rick's general direction. They were swaying to another, less fast-paced song.

"Why not?" Jay asked curiously, her arms around Frank's neck.

"He just...." Frank looked down at her. "I just don't," his scowl deepened. Jay smiled,

"Aw, Frankie are you jealous?"

"Yes," he stated remorselessly.

"Why?" she chuckled, thinking it ridiculous.

"I don't want him to hold you like that. I want you to be mine." He looked in her eyes, to find their vibrant green wide with shock.

"Well I already am, so you don't have to worry." Her voice sounded odd to her own ears. There was no way this was happening, everything was distorted. She'd tried to repress her 'thing' for Frank for years.

"So you'll be my girlfriend?" Frank asked after a second, strained with nervousness. She nodded and half whispered 'yes' with what little air she had left in her lungs before kissing him in an explosion of passion. His cold lip ring felt orgasmicly good pressed against her own lips. He caressed her cheeks before spinning her around. He kissed her again. Everything was well in the world.