Status: Done :)

They say love is blind, or is it just me?

Chapter fifty one

Chapter fifty one:

I felt Bam’s hand on the small of my back. "I can’t move.. " I mumbled. And I meant it.. I honestly couldn’t move. "It’s okay.. " He whispered in my ear. I shook my head. I couldn’t.. April took one look at us and stepped forward to open the door. "Trudy, was it? " I heard her speak as the door slowly closed behind her. "Nice to meet you.. I’m April, Bam’s mother.. " Bam stood in front of me and made me look him in the eye. "You don’t have a thing to be afraid of Chase.. we’re going to do this together.. " He said softly. "There’s a little girl out there that needs us.. " I set my hands against his stomach and softly pushed him. "You go first.. " I whispered, closing my eyes. He stayed put. "Bam.. please? " I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself. He tapped the side of my nose with his finger and I opened my eyes again. "Nothing’s going to happen.. " He whispered, giving me a light kiss. He slowly inched backwards and walked outside too.

When I set foot outside that door, I’m a mom.. my life will change forever. Can I take care of her? What if she gets hurt? I squinted my eyes shut. Stop being so negative Cassandra.. you’re not helping anyone by thinking the worst of things..
I slid down the wall with a sigh. What would she look like? Would she even like me, acknowledge me? I shook my head. No.. I’ll never know if I don’t go out there.. In a sudden moment of confidence I stood up and brought my hand up to the doorknob. I can do this.. I’m not alone, I’ll never be alone anymore..

~Trudy’s POV~
Just as I was about to ask, Cassandra came out. I smiled. It wasn’t uncommon for the mothers to be last.. it’s quite a lot to take in. I saw her face fall as she noticed I wasn’t carrying a baby or a stroller. I walked forward. "Don’t worry, she’s in the car.. I figured I’d come and check things out myself first.. Are you okay? "

~Your POV~
I took my place beside Bam, who instinctly wrapped his arm around my waist. I nodded firmly. "I am.. just, nervous.. " She smiled. "Perfectly understandable, it’s a big moment. Though I’m pretty sure she’s just as anxious to meet you as you are her.. she’s been fussy the entire ride.. " I felt my throat close up. This was it. Trudy gave us one last smile before walking back to the car and getting out a babyseat. My hand clasped over my mouth at the sight of her. She was beautiful. She had a small patch of pitchblack hair on her head and her eyes were a bright blue. I was at a loss for breath as well as words. April stood beside me, grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

"Meet little Jazmin Maeva Margera.. " Trudy spoke softly. I hadn’t noticed the tears streaming across my face until they fell on the babyseat that was held before me. I saw Bam reach out to grab her out of the seat.. I knew I couldn’t, not yet.

~Bam’s POV~
What a miracle.. Her tiny hands reached out to me as I gently picked her up. I smiled. "Hey.. " I whispered, my voice cracking a bit. Ape came closer too, softly trailing her index finger along the little girls face. This wasn’t the first time I held a baby, I’d been around Ava way to much when she was first born.. but to think this was my daughter, that I would watch her grow and help her understand the world.. was overwhelming. As I slowly rocked the little girl in my arms, I looked up at Chase. She was just staring at us in a trance, me and our daughter. I picked up one of the little arms and made a small waving motion towards her. "Hey mom.. " I said with a smile. Chace’s face cleared up and she let out a laugh. "Hey.. " She cooed, finally coming closer too. She held her hands out towards the baby and I let her take her. "Oh my gosh.. " She mused, cradling the little girl as if to protect her for any possible harm. "Congratulations.. " Trudy said stroking Jazmin’s hair. "She’s a beauty.. " She looked at me and held up a small stack of papers. "I can always come back tomorrow.. " She smiled. "It takes some getting used to. " After a moment of blancness, I realised those were the finalised adoption papers. I shook my head firmly. "No, come in.. please.. " I wanted to get this over with, make it official. She chuckled, grabbed another bag from the seat and we all went inside.

"Now all that’s left is.. " Trudy looked at Chase, on the other side of the table. I chuckled. They could’ve dropped a bom on the house and she wouldn’t notice, they wouldn’t notice. Chase and Jazmin were too wrapped up in eachother to even notice anything around them. Jazmin’s little hands made grabbing motions towards everything, Chase’s nose, her hands, her necklace.. I’d never seen Chase shine like this. Under the table, Ape pressed something in my hands. I looked down and saw one of my small video camera’s. I grinned and subtly put it on the table, recording mother and daughter’s every move.. Well, almost mother. I waited a while before speaking up . "Babe? " Chase looked up, a little disturbed. "Your signature.. " I mumbled with a smile, pointing towards the last adoption papers. Her eyes went wide and she blushed. "Oh.. " Trudy laughed. "It’s quite alright.. just this little thing and then you can get back to getting to know each other.. " Chase nodded with a small smile.

~Your POV~
"Thank you.. " I whispered, pulling Trudy in a hug as she left. The short woman chuckled. "You’re very welcome Cassandra.. take care of eachother.. " I nodded. Before she stepped down the steps, she handed me another bag. "Here are a few necessities to get you guys started, it’s hard to shop for baby clothes on a Sunday after all.. " I took the bag and thanked her, watching as she drove away. April squeezed both Bam and me in the shoulder. "Well you two, I’m going to pick up Phil from work.. is it okay if we come over after dinner? " She said tickling Jazmin, who was lying contently in Bam’s arms, under her chin. I nodded. "Of course.. I’m sure grandpa is curious too.. " I said with a small smirk. April laughed. "Oh you have no idea! " She hugged us both, kissed Jazmin on her forehead and left. After I closed the door, I leant against it and slid down to the floor again. "This sure was an overwhelming day.. " I sighed, looking up at Bam. He smiled and sat down too, careful not to disturb the little girl in his arms. We both just sat there and looked at her. "Her nose looks like yours.. " Bam suddenly remarked. I let out a laugh. "That’s not possible.. " He shrugged. "It might not be your nose.. but it sure looks like it.. " He mumbled softly tapping against her little nose. I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Sure Dad, sure.. "

That night, we’d put Jazmin on our bed while we got ready to go to sleep. "So, am I finally going to see the nursery now? " I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. Bam turned around, grinning. "Yup" I sighed in relief, the curiousity was killing me these past weeks.

I picked up my daughter (Yes, you’re going to hear me say that a lot..) and followed a sweatpants clad Bam down the hall. I couldn’t help but let my eyes wander over his torso. "That’s your dad.. "I whispered, kissing the small baby on her forehead. "He loves you a lot.. and so do I.. We’re going to do everything in our power to make you happy.. To make you a healthy and happy woman. We’re going to have countless shopping trips and play in the backyard, while Dad over there, is going to shoot every boy who ever lays his eyes on you.. " Jazmin put her hands on my cheeks and gurgled happily. "And all your uncles? They will be spoiling you rotten.. " I stood next to Bam in front of the door of the nursery. Almost as a reflex, he put his hand up and stroked her hair again. "You’re going to be okay little one.. I’m sure of it.. "
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter.. it came out how I wanted it to, and that's rare..

As you might have noticed, my updates are becoming less frequent..
I'm nearing the end of my senior year and it's becoming more and more stressfull. Currently, I'm at home with an overworked spine, or something.. hardly been able to move for these past days.. That's what school's doing to me..

When I'm sure of my free time, I'll try to write..

otherwise, it'll probably be a while

Sorry
-XOXO