Until the End of Time

Until The End Of Time

"Well, this is certainly interesting..." Marie gave a quirky little smirk.

"Shut up," Zacky commanded. He was a little peeved with her, killing his finance and all. They were on the other side of a large piece of acrylic glass. She laughed, seeing the pain and anger written all over their faces mingled with grief and confusion.

"It was self defense," she said seriously taking a seat on wooden chair.

"Like fuck!" Zacky screamed pounding on the glass with his fists until Brian restrained him.

"It really was, why would I say so if it wasn't? Look, boys we don't have a lot of time left. The cops are going to be here in an estimated five minutes and thirty seconds."

"Fucking good!" Matt screamed. "They can fucking break down this door and arrest your ass!"

"Well they can arrest my corpse, but I really don't see what good it would do them," she said offhandedly. "If you wanna know the truth of things, you better fucking shut up and let me get on with it."

"If you're gonna kill yourself anyway, why not come out here and let us help you with that?!" Zacky shouted. She just gave him that same quirky smile.

"She was going to kill you Zacky- for the money. I found out about it when I caught her talking to this dude; she was cheating on you by the way. Well, anyway, she said I could die too, or I could take a share. I shot her, it was quick, and far less painful then what I originally had in mind. It was merciful really, but the police just aren't going to see it that way." She shook her head still smiling as the far off sound of sirens could be heard.

"I chose this place for a reason. I let you follow me here for a reason. Notice the little red light? I hit the record button on my way in. Do with it what you will," She shrugged before turning somber. "I'm sorry you had to see what you did, I never meant that for any of you. I shot the guy too, but my aim was off and he got away anyway; just so you know. He could still be out there." For the first time she looked like she might regret what she'd done. "I hope you don't think I'm psychotic now or something," she laughed; a beautiful laugh, but admittedly a little off. "I was trying to protect you. Don't hate my memory. Don't hate me," A tear slid down her face. "Maybe I was wrong, but I think she had it coming. I would never have left that hotel room alive if she did. I love all you guys and I'm sorry that it had to end this way. Don't be upset Zacky, she wasn't worth it." Zacky could only pound wordlessly on the glass as he heaved huge tears.

Brian tried to comfort him but it was useless. Jimmy pressed his left hand against the glass. Begging her with his eyes.

"Baby, don't do it, we can explain everything-"

"No Jimmy, they'll never believe me. This is the only way. I'll see you guys again someday though, you can fucking count on it," She smiled though she was crying now, and her voice was as unstable as she seemed to be at the moment.

"Even if they send you to jail, we can still visit you," he pleaded.

"I'm sorry baby, I'll never let them take me alive." She looked down at her own left hand and kissed her ring finger.

"I'll love you forever James Sullivan." She cocked the gun putting it to her head.

"You know when the preacher said till death do us part?" Jimmy asked through his tears. She nodded. "Well I'll love you forever, Marie Sullivan," She smiled and pulled the trigger as SWAT burst through the door. They kicked down the door to the recording booth and filed in. One took her pulse, unnecessarily, as they could all see the wound in her head. As they were distracted calling it in, Jimmy slipped into the room and pecked her lightly on her still warm lips, crying harder than he ever had before in his life. He pried the gun from her fingers and entwined them with his own.

The boys came rushing in as they realized what he was doing. He pulled the trigger before they could get to him and fell lifelessly next to the woman he loved. They lay there, forever silent, in a pool of their joined blood.