Status: HIATUS WARNING: (9.19.09) This is taking a bit longer to process than I thought. I may not have a new chapter up until maybe even the winter. Sorry for the inconvienience (as usual!)

Smiling Oak's Academy for the Insane.

North, South, East, West.

I didn't want to be convinced.
I kept coming up with excuses not to be convinced. He couldn't be telling the truth. How could he possibly be alive that long. We didn't have that kind of technology.

At the time, the six of us sat at a card table in Richard's basement. And almost as predictable as it was, Richard ans Innocence sat across the table from me, Harlequin sat on the right side of Basher, Basher sat on my right and Skull was on my left.

"So, if we're gonna make our way around, we've got to do it as efficiently as possible. Now, Basher, you live on the north side of the city, right?" Innocence said.

Basher nodded.

"And Harlequin, you're northeast."

"Mmhm." Harlequin replied.

"So," Richard began, "what we'd do, because we're in the center of the city, we go north, northeast, um, Skull, you're--"

"Out of state." She said.

"Yes. South, and Lydia, you're south. So we'd go north, northeast, around the city limits, enter in south, then leave the state."

"Then?" Skull began.

"Bliss." Innocence said.

I did not like the sound of it. Bliss? What the hell? By that time, I'd be happy at my father's house.

"...I don't like the sound of that." Skull said. Skull said this. Miss Tough Shit. Said it.

I couldn't agree more, for once.

"Hm." Innocence stood calmly and started walking slowly around the table, with her hips swaying. "Says Miss I'd been tortured for fourteen years almost got raped when I was living on the streets of Detroit, Miss Skin-Obsessed!--"

"Well, tell me. What is bliss?!" Skull began to shake. "What is it?! Don't give me that crazy vampire smile! I want to know!"

Instead of acting out violently, she approached Skull calmly and knelt down to her. "Bliss is when your aunt from Florida came to visit you when you were in the foster home. She'd bring you treats and presents, saying you could come and visit anytime you needed to."

Skull buried her face into her hands, as she cried so hard that she got the hiccups. "How d-do you kn-n-oww?"

Innocence looked up at me. "I just know." She quickly turned around, grabbed a small treasure-chest-like box and dropped it onto the center of the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, Innocence, we get it.
And no, the next chapter has nothing to do with pirates.