Status: HIATUS WARNING: (9.19.09) This is taking a bit longer to process than I thought. I may not have a new chapter up until maybe even the winter. Sorry for the inconvienience (as usual!)

Smiling Oak's Academy for the Insane.

Don't Forget to Take Your Pills.

"Time for bed, get your pill!"

The frumpy old lady with the orange-red beehive, thick glasses and hairy mole called from behind the window in the activity and lounge room before she began to call names. "Araine, Sandra."

"Psst." Innocence was running around the room, whispering in peoples' ears, and occasionally licking their faces before they would scream.
The rest of the crew was nowhere to be found.

I sat uncomfortably comfy in a small chair that looked as though it was in a cat lady's living room until she donated it to the loony barn's lounging room.

"Sanchez, Lydia." the frumpy woman called my name in the matter of two seconds, it seemed.

I went up to grab my cup of sleeping pills, when I realized that they (I noticed a guard was standing next to the window) wanted to see me take them.

So instead of really taking them, I threw them under my tongue and went to my bland-ass room to spit them out.

The second bed.

A young woman-- who looked to be about a year or two older than I-- lie in the bed closest to the door. She had long, brown hair, pale-pink and whithered skin, freckles and marks covering her face and bags under her eyes. In her hands, she held the book of Oedipus Rex, seeming as her soul had been transfered into it and her body was left atop of the bed.
I closed the door behind me and lie on my bed, spitting the pills out into the trash can.

"You must be Sanchez." she said in a creaking voice, without lifting one eye from her book.
I lifted a brow.

"Lydia Sanchez."

"Um, yeah..." I said, confused. "Who are you?"

"Depends. Who wants to know?"

I was further puzzled. "Me. Who else?"

"I don't know. Perhaps that Innocence girl. She's bad news...very bad news. And if you knew what was good for you, you'd keep your distance like the rest of us."

"Oh...Kay." At that rate, I didn't want to talk to my room mate more than I already had, on account of she sounded not the least bit sane. But look where I was at. And besides, I had to know her name if I needed anything or not. "So...who are you?"

"I'm Stephanie."

"Pleased to meet you..." I said insincerely.

Luckily, she dismissed it. "So why are you here?"

"Attempted suicide. Pansy stuff. You?"

"My parents got tired of my threats and death wishes. I threw a tantrum and trashed the psyche's office. Pansy stuff."

"Hm." There was a pause and a silence that seemed like the conversation should've went on. "Stephanie?"

"Yeah?"

"Why shouldn't I hang around Innocence?"

"Go ahead. You'll know why not."

"...What did she do to be put here?"

Stephanie slammed down her book. Her eyes widened and she clinged on to her bed, kicking her legs in the air. If she didn't start screaming and crying, it'd be downright hilarious.

"Stephanie?"

She gave out a shriek, as the guards and the nurses crashed through the door almost on impulse to take her away.
♠ ♠ ♠
The story will start soon, I'm sure.