Just One of the Boys

Chapter 3

That night, after meeting my fellow classmates and Alex’s friends, Jack Barakat, Rian Dawson, and Zack Merrick, I snuck out of our dorm and into the bathroom. I checked to make sure every stall was empty and the door was locked before I slid off the auburn wig, releasing my long slightly curly hair. Suddenly, Henry disappeared, and Holly showed up, hidden for a moment just behind the mask. There you are, I thought touching my hair. I thought you were gone for good…

I got into the shower, glancing over my shoulder so no one would walk in on me changing, or worse, naked. I thought over everything that had ever happened to me, why I was dressed as a guy, why I was living a lie.

Step one, have mother become famous, so famous she is considered the next Audrey Hepburn/Julie Andrews/Judy Garland mix. Step two, have famous actress marry multi-billionaire computer software inventor and have a baby girl. Step three, have father die of sudden heart attack when daughter only eight years old. Step four, have mother throw herself into the show business so as to escape as much grief as possible. Step five, have said mother eventually forget about daughter. Step six, have said daughter grow used to it until she had enough. Step seven, have daughter sign herself up under the name Henry Williams for the summer sessions at EHH. Check, check, check, check, check, check, check, done, done, done, done, done, done, and done. My mother has never tried to get to know me, the real me, Holly Williams, her only daughter. After years of disappointment, I slowly grew used to it. But finally, I snapped. I went out, bought a wig, a special bind that flattened my already small breasts, and boxers. I bought like, thirty pairs of boxers, all in different colors and designs, telling the woman behind the counter that my friends and I were pranking my friend’s brother, and these were his presents for his birthday. She bought it with a laugh, telling me how times have changed since she was my age.

I gently rubbed the manliest shampoo I could find that still smelled good into my hair and breathed deeply. This was it, it was too late to turn back, and yet too soon to move forward. I rinsed out the soap, placed in conditioner, and picked up my razor. I was about to slid it smoothly up my legs when I realized it. I was not technically a boy. I didn’t need to shave my legs, or else they’d get suspicious.

Sighing, I placed the razor down and scrubbed quickly over my body before turning the water off, grabbing my towel, and stepping out. I quickly dried off and changed into my pajamas and snuck back into my room, crawling under the covers and falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so the updates will be on hold until my family and I come back from the East Coast in about two weeks...
Sorry! (And I know that this one is kind of short, but it will be more entertaining and interesting in the upcoming chapters, I promise)

Image
Banner by Claudia