Status: Updating Slowly

Crossed Paths

I looked at the clock

“Matt, Ya dick! Wake up your mom’ll be home any minute!” Syn’s voice came belting through Matt’s head and syn punching him in the arm.
“Ah what the fuck?!” he said waking up with a start.
“Your mom’s gonna be home any minute, I think see might be a little pissed if she see’s you and Ashleigh together like this.”
By this time, Ashleigh had woken up as well.
“Crap what time is it?” she asked suddenly.
“8:15”
“Bugger, I need to get ready for school.” She said jumping up and leaving the room.
She ran upstairs and stopped outside Roxy’s room.
“Rox you up?” she asked opening the door. She quickly wished she had knocked first, when she saw Zacky lying on top of roxy, their lips locked together. They quickly stopped when Ashleigh coughed slightly, still standing in the doorway looking around the room in any possible place other than the bed.
“um… morning Ash…” roxy muttered sitting up, as Zacky rolled off her.
“um… I was just coming to tell you we gotta leave in a minute… for school.” She said awkwardly.
“Ok, er, I’ll be out in a minute.” Roxy nodded. Ashleigh left, shutting the door behind her.
“Don’t you just hate it when that happens?”Zacky laughed sitting up.
“Mmm.” Roxy mumbled turning to face Zacky. He smiled and pecked her on the lips before standing up.
“I should probably go. You’ve gotta get to school and I think Jane’ll be home soon.” He said.
Roxy nodded and stood up as well.
“yeah, I’ll see u later.” She replied stealing their last kiss for a while. “I love you.”
“I love you too.” Said said, opening the door and leaving roxy to get ready.
When Roxy finally got downstairs, Ashleigh was changed and had already finished her breakfast.
“god how long dos it take you to get ready?!” Matt complained.
“sorry. Shall we go?” Roxy apologised.
“morning girls.” Jane said walking into the kitchen. “and Matt.” She added seeing him standing behind the girls.
“morning mom. I guess your heading straight for bed?”
“yeah. I had a pretty busy evening. Have a good day at school girls.” She replied yawning slightly.
“bye.” They said in unison, before they were practically pushed out the door by Matt.
When they got to school they had just got out of the car and said bye to Matt when the bell rang.
They sat in class talking to Mike while Mr Johnson took the register.
“so what lessons you two got today?” he asked.
“um, science, in here, art, Math, History and English. This schools really weird compared to the other schools I’ve been to. Normally its more than five lessons. Its great!” Ashleigh smiled.
“yeah. This school’s more like my old one in Ireland.” Roxy said.
When the bell rang for first period the two girls walked to Mr Johnsons desk to ask where they would be sitting in science.
“Well I think the two seats next to Michael where you sit in mentor are free so you can just stay there if you want.”
“Ok” the girls replied, heading back to their seats. Others students had started to file into the room.
“Oh my god. Are we like the only people in this school that aren’t preps?!” Roxy whispered to Mike.
“You’ve only just noticed?”
“Shut up!”
“yeah sorry. We are anyway. Did you notice the evils we’re getting off everyone else?”
“That’s a good point.” Roxy laughed.

Science and art flew by and before the girls knew it, they were sitting in Maths. Roxy and Ashleigh automatically sat next to each other at the back.
“Oh no, no, no. that is nto going to happen!” their teacher Mrs Greaves shouted at them
“What did we do?” Roxy muttered to Ash, who just shrugged in reply.
“Um. Pinky, come and sit here.” She shouted, pointing at Roxy, and then at the desk in front of her own.
“Why do I have to move.” Roxy muttered to herself, but slightly louder than she meant to.
“Because I told you to!” she yelled throwing Roxy’s new exercise book on the desk before beginning to write on the board. Roxy heard some of the class sniggering from behind her.
About twenty minutes, of pure boredom, later Ashleigh glanced around at the clock.
“Get out!” Miss shouted at Ashleigh, point at the door for extra impact.
“What did she do?” Roxy asked when Ash had gone outside.
“none of your business!” miss snapped before going to back explaining the work.
“Miss I don’t get this bit.” Roxy said, after miss had finished explaining their task 15 minutes later. “could you explain it again please?”
“Go join your friend outside, I’m fed up with you and your stupid questions.” Miss screamed at her.
Roxy went outside, still slightly shocked and stood next to Ashleigh.
“What on earth did you do? I just heard her screaming at you.”
“I asked her to explain the work again cause I didn’t understand it. What did you do?”
“I dunno. I looked at the clock then the next thing I knew she was yelling at me to get out.” Ash laughed.
A few minutes later Mrs Greaves came outside.
“I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in my classroom.” She said “take these slips to the headmaster.”
She handed them a slip of paper each and they headed off in the direction of Mr Conners office. When they got there, they knocked and waited.
“Come in.” they heard Mr Conners call.
Roxy opened the door and the two girls walked inside.
“Roxy? And Ashleigh.” He said when he saw them “what can I do for you?”
“Um… we’ve been sent by mrs Greaves.” Ashleigh told him, as they both handed him the slips.
He looked over the slips for a minute before turning back too the girls.
“I’m afraid I’m going to have to call your parents girls. We do not accept this kind of rudeness in this school. If you could wait outside until your guardian arrives.
“Whatever.” Roxy muttered walking out of the office.
After about 15 minutes Matt came strolling up the hall. He had just reached them when the bell rang.
“Looks like we’re missing history.” Ash mumbled as they followed Matt into the office again.
“Oh hello. Mr Saunders isn’t it? I was expecting the girls parents.”
“Our parents are dead.” Roxy spat.
“Um. Yeah sorry, their guardian was called to an emergency at work so you’ll have to tak to me.” he explained shooting a warning look at Roxy to tell her to shut up.
“Ok… well girls would you like to tell Mr Saunders what you did?”
“I looked at the clock.”
“Asked a question.” The girls answered in unison
“seriously?” Matt asked sounding very shocked.
The girls nodded.
“We do not tolerate liars here!” Mr conners said seeming deeply outraged.
“We’re not fucking lying!” Roxy shouted before storming out of the office.no one had any idea what had gotten into her. She didn’t even know.
“Sorry about that.” Matt said to Mr Conners.
“I’m afraid after that outburst I’m going to have to suspend Roxy until the end of the week.”
“That’s ridiculous, we didn’t even do anything to start with!” Ashleigh told him.
“I suggest you go back to class now before . Thank you for your time Mr Saunders.
“its fine.” Matt told him before getting up and following Ashleigh out of the office..
They quickly said good bye before Matt went off to his car, hoping Roxy would be there. When she wasn’t he sent her a message saying that she had been suspended so not to bother going back to school, and that she should be home in a couple of hours.
He drove to the shops down the road to get some beers and cigarettes, and then drove home.
“What’s up with Roxy?” Syn asked when Matt walked into the front room after putting the beers in the kitchen.
“is she here?”
“yeah she got back about five minutes ago and just stormed up to her room.
“Oh.” Matt said heading towards the stairs.
“I wouldn’t bother. Zacky’s already gone.”

“Roxy come on. Please open the door.” Zacky asked for about the tenth time.
Yet again there was no reply.
“Roxy, for gods sake, just open the fucking door. I’m really worried about you!” he yelled in frustration.
“don’t fucking shout at me!” she screamed at him as she threw the door open. She went to slam it shut again, but Zacky stuck his foot in the way.
“What the hell is the matter?” Zacky asked still shouting slightly.
“What do you care?” roxy asked wiping her eyes.
“I thought we’d been through this. I love you and I care about you. I don’t want you to get hurt by anyone. I just want you to be happy and safe” he said, his voice now just above a whisper. He cupped his hands around Roxy’s face forcing her to look at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update two for today. not sure how many more chapter i have actually... Humm