Status: Updating Slowly

Crossed Paths

Do you think we could ever be more?

It was Thursday, Ashleigh’s birthday, the girls were walking home from school.
“Rox… Are you ok? I mean, you’ve been really quiet in school all week, and when we’re at home you lock yourself in your room, and if your not in you room its only at meal times when you eat barely anything and still don’t say a word!”
“I’m fine. Honestly. I’m just trying to stay on top of all my school work and not get into trouble. You know…”
“But-”
“Ash I’m fine!” Roxy interrupted.
“OK. Fine.” Ashleigh put her hands up in surrender.
“So err… Have you had a good birthday so far?” Roxy asked, changing the subject.
“Yeah. Its one of the best I’ve had in a while.”
“Glad to hear it.” Roxy smiled slightly.
When they got home they found Jane in the kitchen. She had taken the day off so she could spend time with the girls on Ashleigh’s birthday, but taking the day off meant she had to make up for the time and work longer tomorrow.
“Hi girls. How was school?” she asked.
“Fine thanks.” Ashleigh replied.
“Good.” Jane smiled.
They had some food and not long after they had finished and cleared up, Roxy disappeared up to her room, once again.

***

A little while later Ashleigh and Jane were watching Toy Story 3, when Ash’s phone started to ring. Matt’s name flashed on the screen.
“I’ll be back in a second.” She excused herself and then went into the back garden.
“Hello.” She smiled to herself when she answered,
“Hey hon.” Matt replied. “Happy birthday.”
“Thanks.” Ash said, sitting down at the end of the garden.
“So how’s it going? You guys all ok?”
“…I’m ok. But… I’m worried about Roxy.”
“Why?”
“She… She’s just been acting really weird recently. She’s been locked in her room most of the time, and she barely eats anything. And she wont tell me what’s wrong, she doesn’t say anything!”
Matt was silent for a minute, and there was so little noise on his end that Ashleigh had a slight thought they might have been cut off.
“Maybe… Maybe she misses Zacky..” he suggested, but he didn’t sound sure himself. “I’ll tell Zacky to try and talk to her later today or tomorrow, maybe it will help.”
“Yeah… Maybe. How’s the tour going anyway?” she asked.
“Great actually. The people we’re with are awesome. The crowds are insane. Its one of the best tours we’ve ever done.”
“Awesome. I’m glad you’re having fun there.”
“We’ve got a show tonight so the guys are getting stuff set up and ready for soundchecks and stuff. But I wanted to ring and say happy birthday. The guys all wanted me to tell you from them too.”
“Aw how sweet.” She giggled.
“Well…” Matt said smugly. “Oh hon. I’m sorry. I’ve gotta go do sound check. I’ll call you soon ok?”
“Oh… Ok. no problem.”
“I’m really sorry.” He apologised again.
“hey don’t worry about it. Your busy at the moment I get it. Its cool.
She heard him let out a small chuckle.
“Happy birthday babe. I love you.”
“Love you too.”

***

“Ash, I’m going out for a while.” Roxy said, poking her head into Ashleigh’s room. It was Friday evening, Jane was at work and Ashleigh and Michael were currently watching a movie.
“Umm ok… See you later then.” Ashleigh nodded, slightly shocked that Roxy was going out.
She left and about a minute later they heard the front door slam. The pair remained silent for a while, just continuing to watch the film.
“Ash…” Michael began, turning to look at her.
“Yeah?”
“Do you… do you ever think that maybe we could be more than just friends?” he asked nervously.
“… I err… Ok.” Ashleigh sighed. “The day me and Rox left the orphanage, I wanted to tell you’re the truth about how I felt. But I couldn’t bring myself to do it, cause I knew it would just make leaving harder.” She admitted
“Tell me now then…”
“I… I cant.” She mumbled, her heart racing as Michael slowly moved closer to her.
“Then I will.” He said. He closed the gap between them and kissed her. “Ashleigh. I love you.”
“Mike I…” She wanted to tell him about Matt, but she couldn’t. she’d wanted this for so long, and she couldn’t tell anyone about Matt yet. “I love you too.”
As soon as the words left her mouth, her mind went into overdrive at the new feelings running through it. If she wasn’t confused with how she felt about Matt and Michael before, she sure as hell was now.
Before she knew what was happened, Michael was kissing her again, and his hands were quickly moving up her stomach, underneath her shirt.
Ashleigh didn’t understand why she didn’t stop him. In fact, she had even started to undo his belt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. I didn't realise its closing in on a year since this was last updated. The only excuse I can use for lack of updates during the summer was exams. But that's not really usable anymore.
Sorry it's a bit short too... Oh and there's probably loads of mistakes, so for that, I apologise once again

Is anyone actually still reading this? :/ I know its reeally slow progress, we're just really disorganised and procrastinate a hell of a lot.

Thanks to people who have subscribed and commented, it means a lot :) If you are still reading this, and we take ages to update, give us a comment and kick our asses into gear! :D
Thanks guys. xx