Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

Drive Carefully.

[Taylor's POV]

I pulled my lips away from LorrieBeth's.

"This is wrong." she whispered.

"I don't care." I replied.

I kissed her again, slowly and passionately, throwing all of my emotions into the kiss. I knew there was a reason she was sent here. I knew there was a reason we hired her. It was so she could take care of me in every way possible.

I thought Natalie was my soul mate, but I was very wrong. Thinking back, I remembered the real reason why we got married. She was pregnant. We hurried up and got married, telling everyone she was pregnant after we got married.

We told everyone we were in love.

We told that lie so many times, I'd forgotten it was a lie. I think I grew to love Natalie over the last few years. But, I didn't in the beginning. I should have seen this coming. Natalie never loved me back.

She was miserable being married to me. That's why she started doing drugs.

That's why she accused me of cheating.

That's why she wants a divorce.

She knew I wasn't cheating on her, she just didn't want to be married to me anymore and needed an excuse to divorce me.

Kissing LorrieBeth now, I realize that I never loved Natalie as much as I thought I did. I realize that I've only known LorrieBeth for a few short weeks, but it's her that I'm supposed to be with.

I pulled away from her again and looked her in the eyes, I stared deep into her green eyes as she looked back into my blue ones.

"This is right." I whispered.

LorrieBeth leaned forward, resting her head on my bare chest and slipped her arms around my waist. I placed my chin on top of her head and put my arms around her, holding her close.

"We should probably go to work." she said.

I sighed, "I know. The kids are going with my mom today, so you'll be working in the office."

"That means I get to be near you all day."

My heart fluttered at her words.

"No one can know about us. Not yet."

"I know. But, at least I get to see you today. Now go get dressed."

I kissed LorrieBeth's forehead and did as she told me. I went into my bedroom and pulled my boxers off, walking across the room to the bathroom. I quickly got in the shower, washing my hair and body.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my hips, going back into the bedroom.

I heard the kids laughing, and curiosity taking over me, I walked into the living room. My mother was there, getting the kids dressed. She was trying to put a shirt over River's head, but he kept squirming, making it difficult for her.

"Hi, Mom." I said, kissing her on the cheek, "Where's LorrieBeth?"

"In the guest room, getting dressed."

She finally got the shirt over my son's head.

"All right, kids... go grab your toys."

The three of them ran into their bedroom's to get their favorite toys.

"Taylor, what's going on? Where's Natalie?"

"She's...." I hung my head, "she's leaving me, Mom. I caught her doing drugs and kicked her out, telling her she needed to get cleaned up before she comes back around the kids. This morning she came back, saw LorrieBeth and freaked out. She accused me of cheating and said she wanted a divorce."

"I knew this would happen."

"What?"

"I'm not stupid, Tay. I knew she was pregnant when you got married. Don't try to tell me that's not why you married her."

I hung my head again. Nothing ever gets past my mother.

"You're right."

"I know, I am. I thought that you two really were in love.. and that was part of why you married her. Guess I was wrong about that."

"Just... don't say anything yet, o.k.? I want to tell Zac and Ike myself."

"All right, honey. Give me a hug."

I hugged my mother, she squeezed me tightly and went off to find the kids. A few moments later, I was standing alone in my living room in a towel. I could hear the water from the shower in the guest room running. It shut off.

I sat on the couch and rested my forehead in my hands.

"Tay, I thought I told you to get dressed. Unless you're planning on wearing a towel to work." LorrieBeth giggled.

I looked up at her. She was wearing a Hanson t-shirt that hugged her waist and a pair of jeans that showed off her curves. There was a towel on her head. She was beautiful, and something about her wearing a t-shirt with my band on it is sexy.

I stood up from the couch and crossed the room to her, placing my hands on her hips. I leaned down and rested my head on her shoulder, nestling my nose against her neck. She reached around me, holding me to her.

I pressed a soft kiss to her throat, just below her jaw. I could hear her breath catch when my lips touched her. Obviously, that's a sensitive spot for her.

I did it again, my lips lingering.

I sucked and nibbled gently at that spot until a soft moan left her lips, breaking the silence in the room. I smiled against her skin and pecked the spot on her neck once more before pulling away.

"I'm going to go put my clothes on now."

"Tease." She smacked me on the arm jokingly as I walked away towards my bedroom.

I finished getting dressed, pulling on a t-shirt and a pair of dark jeans. I slipped on a pair of red TOMS shoes and grabbed my keys from the dresser.

I walked back into the living room, LorrieBeth wasn't there. She must still be getting ready. I knocked lightly on the guest room door, "You in there?"

The door opened, "Yeah?"

"I'm gonna go ahead to the studio, no one knows you're staying here yet. I'll tell Zac and Ike about Natalie when I get there, okay? Take your time getting ready."

She smiled, "All right, sweetie. Drive carefully."

Drive carefully? Natalie never once said that to me.

"I will." I replied, kissing her gently on the mouth. "See you in a little while."

I turned and walked towards the front door.

"SEATBELT!" LorrieBeth called after me.

I chuckled to myself as I closed the door behind me and climbed into my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
no comments = no story.

but, of course you knew that already.