Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

In love.

[LorrieBeth's POV]

Taylor just left for work. He left me here and told me to take my time getting ready so he could talk to his brothers.

I put my eyeliner down on the counter and looked at myself in the mirror. "Is this wrong?" I asked myself.

I shook my head. It doesn't matter if it's wrong. I love him. She doesn't.

Natalie doesn't deserve a man like Taylor Hanson. She obviously doesn't know a good man when she sees one.

I finished applying my eyeliner, and then grabbed my mascara tube. After a quick brush on the lashes, I put my make-up away and pulled out my hair dryer.

About ten minutes later, I was standing in the kitchen, waiting for the coffee to finish. I grabbed an apple from the basket on the counter and a Hanson travel mug.

I tossed the apple in my purse and filled the mug with coffee before putting the lid on it. I grabbed my keys and my purse and headed out the door to my car.

[Taylor's POV]

I pulled into the parking lot and stared up at 3CG Records. The building seemed to be looking back at me. It's windows staring at me like giant eyes. It's double doors grinning at me. Laughing at me. Mocking me.

I shook my head in an attempt to clear out the events of the morning and got out of the car, locking the doors behind me. I walked slowly towards the building, wanting to avoid the upcoming conversation for as long as possible.

I opened the door and stepped in the building. Just as I did so, Zac rounded the corner.

I am not looking forward to this.

I don't want to have to see the looks on their faces when I tell them Natalie is leaving me. I don't want them to feel sorry for me.

And worst of all, I don't want to see the looks of disapproval on their faces when I tell them I'm in love with another woman already.

"Hey, Tay." Zac waved, walking towards me.

I smiled at him, but he still knew something was wrong. He's my little brother. He always knows when something isn't right.

"Okay, what is it?" He asked once he reached me.

"Is Ike here?" I asked, trying to avoid his question.

"Not yet. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I lied.

"Tay, talk to me, I know somethi-"

"Zac, not right now okay? Just... not right now."

I turned and walked quickly in the other direction. Zac stared after me. I could feel his eyes on my back.

I feel bad for shutting him down like that, but I don't know if I can handle telling this story twice. I need to tell it once. To both of them. At the same time. I hope they can understand. Or at least offer me their support. I don't want to make them to be angry with me.

I walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me and beelined it for the sink. I turned on the faucet, cupping my hands beneath the cold water.

I splashed my face with the cold water, hoping the sensation would clear my head. I dried my face with a paper towel and tossed it in the trashcan. I opened the door and stepped into the hallway, running straight into Ike. Zac was right behind him.

"Tell us what's wrong. Right now." My older brother demanded.

Great. Thanks, Zachary.

I told my brothers to follow me into the next room. Once we got there, I asked them to sit down. They did what I asked and stared up at me, waiting for answers.

"Natalie accused me of cheating, and she's leaving me." I began.

Ike tried to say something, but I cut him off. "Wait until I'm finished please."

"It's okay that she's leaving me... for a few reasons. One being the fact that we were never really in love. The only reason we got married is because I knocked her up. I think I might have grown to love her over the years, but... it wasn't as much as I thought it was."

I paused to look at their faces, to see if I could tell what they were thinking. I was getting nothing from either one of them, so I continued.

"The thing is though... ever since LorrieBeth started working here, no, actually... ever since her interview, she and I have had a connection. I felt it the moment I saw her, I just didn't know what it was. But... now I do. The main reason that it's okay that Natalie is leaving me is that I'm in love with another woman. I'm in love with LorrieBeth."

I looked back at them. Both of them had looks of shock on their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
no comments= no more story.