Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

Falling together.

[Taylor's POV]

I looked into the shocked faces of my brothers. They stared back at me for what could have been hours. There's no way of telling.

"I just don't want either of you to be angry with me." I said finally, breaking the silence.

"You're doing what's making you happy. Why would that make us angry?" Ike finally said.

I let out the breath I didn't realize I'd been holding. They aren't angry. That's good.

"I thought you might be angry about the fact I just found out yesterday that I'm getting a divorce and already I'm with another woman."

"Tay," Zac stood up and put his arm around my shoulders, "we knew this was coming. Way before you did. We could tell that you and Natalie weren't in love. I'm just completely blind sided by the fact that you're with LorrieBeth. That is something I don't think either one of us saw coming." Zac looked over at our older brother.

"I definitely didn't see that one." Isaac said.

"I guess that explains the look you guys gave me."

They both laughed.

"I wasn't even planning on telling you two about LorrieBeth. Not yet. Before I left the house this morning I told her we needed to keep it secret. But.... I just can't not tell you guys something like that."

"Well, I'm glad you told us." Zac said.

"Me too." Ike agreed before asking, "Do Mom and Dad know?"

"I told Mom Nat and I were getting a divorce, I didn't tell her about LorrieBeth."

"Good. Don't. At least not yet. Unlike us.... I think she will be angry."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right."

I hugged both of my brothers and thanked them for their support as they left the room. They said they needed to get some work done before we get into writing mode for the day. They left me sitting by myself with nothing but my thoughts.

I'm just glad they aren't mad at me. I honestly don't even know why I didn't think they'd understand. They've always been supportive of everything I do.

Thank God I don't have to hide this from them.

I looked up as I heard the door open. I smiled when LorrieBeth stepped through.
"I saw Zac and Ike in the hallway. You told them."

"I couldn't lie to them. They're okay with it."

"I know. They congratulated me."

I laughed at my brothers as I stood up to greet my woman.

"Those silly boys." I said, wrapping my arms around LorrieBeth's waist. "I missed you."

"Missed me? You saw me like half an hour ago at your house."

"I know, but half an hour is a long time. That means it's been at least thirty minutes since you last kissed me."

LorrieBeth smiled up at me and and snaked her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her. Her fingers crawled through my hair as our lips met.

A slow, gentle moan escaped my lips and entered her mouth. I could feel LorrieBeth's lips curl up into a smile at this. Apparently, she enjoyed that sound.

I made it again.

I parted my lips in invitation when her tongue reached out and licked at my mouth. LorrieBeth didn't hesitate. Her tongue was inside my mouth in a split second, fighting against my own in a battle for domination.

I put up a good fight, but eventually my tongue lost to LorrieBeth's. She was in complete control of the kiss, deepening it and driving me crazy before holding back some and making me want more.

Damn, she's a good kisser.

She pulled back and stepped away from me. I looked at her, confused as she turned me towards the door. Holding it open, she playfully smacked me on the butt.

"It's time to go to work, Tay."

"Hey, hey now, Ms. Tease... I'm the boss." I said as I turned back around and closed the door behind me, pulling LorrieBeth to me with my back against the wall.

"Is that right now?"

"Yes, it is." I answered as I kissed her once again.

I slipped my arms around her waist, resting one hand on the small of her back while the other traveled to her neck.

This time, it was me who had control of the kiss, My tongue was working her mouth, tasting her, making her whimper. My hands didn't remain idle either, they were roaming her body. First, they traveled up her back and down her arms to her hips. My hands rested there for a while, I like her hips. I pulled them into my own, pressing myself against her. She moaned in approval.

I pushed her away, playfully smacking her on the ass just like she had done to me.

"It's time to go to work."

"Ah, so now who's the tease?"

I laughed as we exited the room, putting my arm around LorrieBeth. I sighed, happily. I thought my life was falling apart, but, at this point I'm pretty sure I was wrong. Looks more like it's falling together.

LorrieBeth slipped her arm around my waist, resting it on my hip as we walked down the hall. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead as we reached what we call "the writing room". I let go of her and opened the door, holding it open for LorrieBeth to step through.

Zac and Isaac appeared to already have their heads put into the music. Ike had his guitar sitting in his lap with a tab book sitting open beside him on the table. Zac, was drumming on his knees with his drumsticks.

"Can I get you all anything?" LorrieBeth asked professionly, obviously not forgetting her job as I took my seat by the piano.

"No thanks." I said.

Isaac shook his head.

"I could go for a soda, please." Zac piped up.

"Not a problem, Zac. I'll be right back."

"Thanks."

I turned around to face my piano as LorrieBeth left the room. Yep, my life is finally starting to fall together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this story is going to get updated more so than the others.
I love it.

leave comments.

the more i get, the faster the updates will come.