Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

Girls Night Out

[LorrieBeth's POV]

I took one final look at myself in the bathroom mirror to make sure that my make-up was good, and my hair was in place. I had on a red dress with spaghetti straps. It was form fitting around the bust line and fell loosely away from my body. My hair was down, hanging around my shoulders and down my back. My shoes were black heels, and I had on my favorite necklace which was a Hanson pendant. My girls and I finished unpacking everything in my apartment this afternoon and now we're getting ready to go out to dinner. Melissa called earlier and got us reservations at this upscale restaurant called McGill's. Her boyfriend is like the head chef or something. The girls both went home to get dressed, I'm supposed to meet them there in half an hour.

[TIME ELAPSE- 30 minutes]

"You two look so pretty!" I exclaimed.
We were sitting at our table at McGill's and Melissa and Kristen both looked so cute. Melissa had her hair pulled up into a bun and she was wearing a bright green halter dress with silver heels. Kristen's hair was down, like mine, and she had a bow in her hair. Her dress was purple and had broad straps.
"Thank you," They said at the same time, both smiling, "you look gorgeous too."
"Thanks."
The waitress came to the table and we ordered a bottle of San Angelo Pinot Grigio. That is my absolute favorite wine. When she came back with the bottle, she filled our glasses and asked if we were ready to order our food.
"I'm not quite sure what I want to eat yet, but, I think we can go ahead and order appetizer." Kristen said.
"Bruschetta, girls?" I asked. They nodded.
"We'll have the Bruschetta as our appetizer and we should be ready to order in a few minutes."
"Alright, I'll go put in this Bruschetta for you." The waitress replied with a smile.
"Thank you."

I continued to look at my menu, searching for something vegetarian. Ah, there we go. Fettuccine Alfredo. Perfect. The waitress came back, and patiently waited while we finished deciding on what to get.
"I think I'm going to get the Fettuccine." I told her.
"That sounds good. But, I think I want some steak. Oh, the Steak Gerard looks good. I'm going to go with that." Melissa said as she handed over her menu to the waitress.
"Hmmm, I'm thinking that I want the Chicken Dijon." Kristen smiled as the waitress took her and my menu.
"Alright, I'll be back in a few minutes with your Bruschetta." The waitress walked away and my two best friends turned to me, "So, LorrieBeth, are you excited about possibly working for HANSON?!"
"Um, duh."
They both laughed, "We figured you would say that. Um, we go you a good luck gift, I guess you would say."
"What? You guys...." Melissa reached into her purse and pulled out a little box with a bow on top of it. I opened the box and nearly started crying. It was a ring to match my pendant that I wear everyday. It had a silver band and had the Hanson symbol in the middle. I immediately put it on and hugged each girl tightly, "Thank you so much. I love it."

The waitress came back with our appetizer and set it on the table. In only a few minutes, the whole thing was gone. When she came with our food, it didn't take us long before we were finished with it as well. None of us had room for dessert, so we paid our bill and tipped the waitress.
"Where do you want to go now," I asked them, standing by my car in the parking lot, "Club Energy?"
"Duh. Where else would we go?" I laughed, we always went to Club Energy whenever I got the time to come visit them. Now, that I live here, we'll probably go more often. I've heard that the wives of Hanson go there often, but, we've never seen them there. We got in my car and headed to the club.

We got to the club and went straight to the bar to get some alcohol. We ordered our drinks and found a table in the balcony. I looked out across the dance floor at the gyrating bodies. Is that?... wait, a second.... IT IS!
"Oh, my gosh, you guys. It's Natalie." I said pointing to the brunette on the dance floor as two more girls went over to her, "AND THAT'S KATE AND NIKKI!"
"Who?" Melissa and Kristen asked, confused.
"Natalie, Kate, and Nikki...... Hanson!"
"You mean, Hanson's wives? Out of all the times we've been here, we're finally seeing them?"
"Yes, oh gosh. I have to go talk to them."

[Natalie's POV]
I was getting lost in the music, dancing with Kate and Nikki when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around and there was a girl, with a big grin on her face standing behind me.
"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you," she said, "My name is LorrieBeth, I have an interview with your husband in a few days."
"Oh, yes! I remember him mentioning your name. He's interviewed a bunch of people already, but, they were all just.... I don't know. They just didn't seem like the kind of people he wants working for him. But, you... I like you. I can tell. I think you've got a good chance at getting this job."
"Do you really think so?"
"Oh yeah, I can tell just by looking at you. You seem like a nice girl."
"Well, thank you. I just wanted to introduce myself, make myself known. I'll let you get back to your dancing now."
"No, go get your friends. Hang out with us."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive. Now, go get them."

[LorrieBeth's POV]

I hurried off to go get my friends and tell them what happened. When I reached the table they were both waiting to hear about my conversation. I replayed the whole encounter with Natalie to them.
"They want us to hang out with them."
"Really?"
"Yeah, let's go. Grab your drinks."
We walked over to where the three hanson wives were dancing.

"C'mon! Dance with us!" Natalie shouted over the music. She grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the floor. I began to move my body to the fast, pulsing beat of the music; dancing until the flashing lights caught the sweat drops on my skin, making me glisten.

When I finally sat back down at the table, my cheeks were flushed bright pink. Natalie sat down beside and grabbed her drink.
"You having a good time?!" Natalie asked, a smile plastered on her face.

I nodded enthusiastically, absentmindedly sipping at my drink. No need to chug and get sick. I watched as Nikki slid through the crowd, Kate close behind.
"Natalie, it's getting a little late and we're tired."
"Oh okay. We can go then. Hey, LorrieBeth! Give me your number and we can keep in touch."

I nodded and wrote my phone number down on a napkin. Natalie took it and put it in her purse.
"Thanks, and good luck on your interview next week!" she said, already dodging through the crowd. I waved to her and gathered my friends. We all piled into the car and started towards the restaraunt where my friends' cars were parked. After waving goodbye to them, I drove out of the empty parking lot and headed for home.

[Natalie's POV]

I pulled up to Taylor's and my apartment, after dropping off Kate and Nikki, and walked up to the door. Sticking my key in the locks, I walked inside to see Taylor on the couch watching TV. He was shirtless and wearing PJ pants, my favorite ones. They were blue plaid and made him look sexy.

"Hey." He said, getting up to greet me warmly. "How was your night?"
"We had a lot of fun."
"That's good. How are Kate and Nikki doing?"
"Oh, you know, same ol' same ol'. Kids asleep?" I asked, walking over to their bedroom door to peek in.
"Yeah, they've been out like a light since about eight."

I opened the door to the boys' room and smiled. My two beautiful red-headed boys were sound asleep. I moved on to the next door and looked in on Penelope; also sound asleep. Those are the three most beautiful children I think I've ever seen.

I went back over to Taylor who was once more sitting on the couch and I sat next to him with my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me. We sat like that for a few minutes before I decided to go get in the shower. I smelled like stale cigarettes and old beer. Before I got up, I kissed Taylor gently on the mouth.

I went into the bathroom to get undressed. I turned the water on and set it to the right temperature before stepping in under the spray. I quickly washed my hair and the rest of my body. As I got out of the shower I grabbed a towel to dry myself off with. After drying, I put on Taylor's favorite little nightgown that was barely long enough to be considered a nightgown. It was lavender silk and had some lace around the top. I opened the door that led from our bathroom to our bedroom to see Taylor lying on the bed reading a book and suddenly I started thinking about the interviews he had coming up next week for that assistant position.
"Hey, Taylor?"

"Hmm?" he said as I crawled onto the bed next to him.

"Well I was thinking about the interviews next week. I met this girl at Club Energy named LorrieBeth, I remember you saying her name a few days ago when you were saying who was coming in for an interview. Well, she's a beautiful, young girl with a nice personality and a lot of potential. She's also really sensible. I noticed today that she didn't chug and only sipped at her drink, even though she was obviously very thirsty. She's got a good head on her shoulders. I like her. I think that she would be a great addition to the label."

"Hmm, sounds like it. I'll keep her in mind. What was her name again?"

"Lorriebeth! Taylor, please don't forget!!" I said, hitting him in the arm.

"I won't. I promise." He said smiling playfully, "Any special reason why you're wearing my favorite nightgown?"

"Honestly, I don't know why I even bothered to put it on, it's just going to end up in the floor."

"You're right." He said smiling seductively as he put down his book and turned off the light. He leaned in close to me and put his lips on mine, slipping the nightgown over my head.
"I love you." He whispered as we made love.
"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
co-written by http://member.mibba.com/22806

edited by moi.