Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

Interview

[Lorriebeth's POV]

I woke up to to the sun on my face, filtering through the curtains that covered my bedroom window. I sat up and stretched my arms before crawling out of bed and going into the kitchen. I made myself a bowl of Special K cereal and put on a pot of coffee.

While waiting for the coffee to finish, I flicked on the TV. Degrassi re-runs were showing, so I let them play as I poured my coffee. I quickly finished the bowl of cereal and placed the bowl in the dish washer. I went back into my bedroom to get ready for the day's events. As I entered my room, the butterflies hit me. Oh my gosh, I'm going to meet Hanson today for an interview. After having Natalie promise to put in a good word for me, it's very possible that I'll get the job. Oh Lord, I might be working for my favorite band real soon. This is unreal.

I went over to my iHome and turned on my iPod. I sat down to begin putting on my make-up and a Hanson song began blaring from the speakers.

'I ran into your best friend today
Twelve nights since you ran away
I asked about you and she said, can't say, can't say
I'm feeling lonely and it seems to stay
It's been a while since I felt that way
Well, I can tell you there's no room to play this game....'

I sang along with the words as I put my foundation on.

'All I know is what I'm missing
What I'm missing is your kissing
Are you listening?'

I finished up my makeup and brushed my teeth. It took me a little while to do my hair, but after about half an hour I was finally satisfied. I then went to my closet for the outfit I had picked out while the music played. It was a black button down quarter sleeved shirt over a red tank top and black dress pants. I put it on and looked at myself in my full length mirror.

Satisfied with my look, I slipped on my shoes, grabbed my purse, and turned my iPod off. On the way out, I turned off all of the lights and locked the door behind me. I climbed into my car and drove over to the building, noticing that I was early. I got out and headed for the door.

"Hanson, here I come." I mumbled, as I walked through the door.

I stepped up to the lady behind the counter. She smiled at me before asking, "Hi, how may I help you?"

"I'm here for an interview wi--"

"Ah, you must be Mrs. Burkett!" she interrupted me. "Right this way please." She got up and lead the way through a door and down a long hall. I followed behind her, trying to keep calm.

"It's right through this door," she said smiling, "just make yourself comfortable and the boys will be in to get you in a moment."

"Thank you."

I walked through the door instructed and took a seat in one of the many chairs. The room appeared to be a waiting room and slightly resembled the inside of a doctor's office. A door on the other side of the room opened and Natalie walked through.
"Oh! Lorriebeth! Hi!"

"Hey. How are you?" I asked, happily.

"A bit tired, but good. You're here for your interview, good luck!" she called as she slipped past me and out the door that I previously came in.

I sighed to myself after watching the door close, my stomach was in a pile of knots. This is the most nerve-wracking thing that has ever happened to me. I remember seeing these guys on TV as a child and now, here I am... at their studio going in for an interview. I hope I get this job. I want it more than I've ever wanted anything... and not just because it's Hanson. I mean, of course that's part of it, I just really want this job. It would be a good opportunity for me. I pulled my Hanson pendant from underneath my shirt and squeezed it for good luck. I tucked it safely back against the skin of my chest as the door that I walked through earlier opened once more. Standing in the doorway was the most beautiful man my eyes have ever seen. It was Taylor Hanson and he was sinfully gorgeous. His hair was a little shaggy and the light spilling in from the hallway hit it at just the right angle, making him look like an angel. His t-shirt was tight fitting and his jeans hugged all the right places. Behind him were the two other Hanson boys, Zachary and Isaac. They too, were gorgeous. Zac's hair was getting long again, it touched his shoulders. He was wearing a graphic tee that made me smile. It said, "Lettuce entertain you." Isaac's hair was buzzed and he was wearing a shirt that made him look extremely sexy. Although both boys looked amazing, there was just no comparison to Taylor. It took me a moment to realize it, but the moment I realized I was staring at him, I immediately looked away and smiled at Zachary and then at Isaac.
"Are you LorrieBeth?" Isaac asked.

"Yes, I am... I - uh- I'm sorry. I'm very nervous."

"Don't be nervous," Zac chipped in, "we've all heard wonderful things about you from the wives."

I smiled at them and one by one they shook my hand before leading me through the other door and down a long hallway. We took a right at the end of the hallway, only to go down another hallway. At the end of that hallway was a door that we went through. Inside the room there were three desks. The office, apparently. Taylor pointed to a chair and told me to have a seat. I sat down and took a deep breath as the boys started asking me questions. They asked me about my past work experiences and my musical background. They also read several recomendation letters that I had brought with me. They looked over my resume before continuing to ask me questions about working with them. They asked me questions about how often I would be able to work and so on and so forth.

When the interview was over, the boys asked me to stand in the hallway while the discussed the interview. I did as I was asked and my butterflies only grew larger. I think they were having babies, those butterflies.

A few moments later, the door opened and I was greeted by one of those beautiful Taylor smiles. He motioned me back through the door and went to stand between Isaac and Zachary. For what seemed like an entire lifetime, all they did was stare at me.

Finally, just as I thought my stomach would explode from all of the flapping wings.... they gave me the news.
♠ ♠ ♠
co-written by http://member.mibba.com/22806