Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

3CG

[LorrieBeth's POV]

I picked up my screeching alarm clock and checked the time. 6:00 A.M.? What? I threw the clock to the floor. The beeping subsided but a light ticking told me that it was just on snooze. I rolled over back onto my side to go back to sleep. Why did my clock have to go off this early?

I shot straight up in the bed as I realized that today is Monday.

"Today I start work with Hanson!" I screamed to my apartment.

Getting out from under the covers, I cut off my snooze and ran towards the bathroom. I cut on the warm water and peeled off my clothes before pulling my hair out of the makeshift ponytail that I had put up last night.

I sang a little in the shower while washing my hair, not even caring if I got the words right. Today I start work for the beautiful Hanson boys. I let my mind drift to the jobs that I would be doing today.

Maybe just paperwork? Or maybe watch the kids for a little while? Or maybe I can work with the boys? Or the wives? I don't know what I'm going to do but I just can't wait to get there and see!

I cut the water off and wrapping a towel around myself, stepped out of the shower. I walked to my closet and slipped on some dress pants and a purple silk blouse.

After eating some cereal and noticing that I need to pick up some more milk, I placed my dishes in the dishwasher after rinsing them off. I danced a little on my way back to my room. I quickly applied a small amount of make-up. I didn't want to over do it for my first day. Some foundation, light eyeshadow, and a bit of mascara. I checked my hair in the mirror, making sure it was just right before I grabbed my purse and coat. I made sure all the lights were cut off/

Grabbing my keys and slipping on my shoes, I locked the door and ran out to my car. Nothing was on the radio as I drove, so I once again let my mind slip to what I could possibly be doing today. I hope I get to see the boys.

Especially that sexy Taylor Hanson.

I pulled into the parking lot and cut my car off. Those butterflies are back, damn it. I took a deep breath to try and settle them before opening the door to climb out of my car.

I walked quickly up to the front door of the building and took another deep breath. I opened the door and walked inside.

"Good morning, Ms. Burkett!" the receptionist greeted me. "Come right this way. I'll take you to your desk. Taylor should be along any moment to show you around and to tell you what you'll be doing."

She led me down the same set of hallways as the last time I was here and through the door that led to Hanson's office. On the other side of the room with the three desks, there was a door that I had failed to notice before. She opened the door and turned the light on. Inside of the small room was a desk with a computer. On the desk was a small sign that had my name on it.

"Just have a seat, get used to your new office, and Taylor will be here in a few minutes."

"Thank you. By the way, what is your name... since we're working in the same building."

"My name is Madeline."

"It's nice to meet you, Madeline." I said as I shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Ms. Burkett."

"Please, call me LorrieBeth."

"LorrieBeth. Well, I should be getting back to the front desk. Just call extension 267 if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them for you."

"Thank you!" I called after her as she walked from the room.

I sat down in the chair behind the desk. My desk. I placed my hands on top of the desk and once again, took a deep breath. I can't believe I'm here. This is the 3CG Records studio. 3 Car Garage Records. This is where Hanson has recorded every single song they have since their Underneath album.

This is the buidling for the Record Label that the Hanson boys gave birth to. They nursed it and they raised it. Now it is one of the most popular indie labels out there. It's like.... underground mainstream. If that even makes sense.

Jordan Taylor Hanson, Clarke Isaac Hanson, and Zachary Walker Hanson work here everyday and now, so do I.

It's all so wierd. Hanson.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened. I swear, an angel walked through the door. Everytime I see him he gets more and more beautiful. "LorrieBeth," I thought to myself, "this man is your boss and he is married. Calm down."

"Hey, LorrieBeth!" Taylor said, wrapping me up in a hug.

He's a very touchy feely kind of guy. I learned that at my interview. As I was leaving, I turned as I was walking out of the door and he had his arms stretched out and the look on his face made it seem like he was hurt that I didn't hug him goodbye. So, of course I hugged him before I left.

"Hi, Taylor." I replied, returning the hug.

I pulled away from him a moment later, trying not to notice that he held me a little longer than was necessary. I smiled up at him, gosh... he's so tall.

"So, boss, what's the deal for today?"

"Well, employee, first is your wardrobe. That outfit looks amazing on you."

I blushed lightly, "Thank-"

He cut me off, "But, this is a casual work environment. TSHIRTS AND JEANS. That's what we wear at 3CG. It's kind of the rules."

"Oh," I said, looking down at my feet, "I didn't know, I just wanted to make a good impression on my first day."

"God, I hurt your feelings didn't I?" Taylor asked, and before I could answer, he put his arms around me again and apologized. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I'm such a doofus sometimes. You make a very good impression on your first day, and I am well aware that you didn't know the dress code here. Don't sweat it. You're doing just fine."

He kept his arm around my shoulders as he led me from the room. "First on today's agenda is to get you aquainted with everyone. Then, we'll show you around the building. There are a lot of hallways, and its easy to get lost... don't be embarrassed if you have to ask for directions. Even I get lost in here sometimes."

I laughed and put my arm around his waist as we walked down the hallway. "Mr. Hanson, I have a feeling we're going to get along just fine."

"Oh God, Mr. Hanson? That would be my father. We'll get along just fine if you never call me that again." He said, jokingly and with a smile on his lips. I couldn't help but to notice that smile was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen.

I smiled back at him.

"And speaking of Mr. Hanson," Taylor said as we walked through a doorway into another room," this is our dad, but you don't have to call him Mr. Hanson. You can call him Walker."

"Hi, Walker." I said with a smile as I shook his hand.

"So, what is this room?" I asked looking around, "the break room, I assume?" There was a refrigerator in the corner next to a drink machine, a microwave on the counter and a stove against the wall. There was also a table covered with baked goods.... cupcakes, doughnuts... you name it, it was on the table.

"This would be Dad's favorite room." Taylor replied. "But, yeah... it is the break room."

The rest of the morning Taylor, Zac, and Isaac took turns showing me around and introducing me to various people. I met the guys that run the soundboard in the studio, most of their younger siblings, and their children. The wives all brought the kids up to the studio to meet me today. I am, afterall going to be babysitting them sometimes.

After meeting everyone and being showed around the building, it was time to take a lunch break.
♠ ♠ ♠
if no one comments this story,
it will be deleted.