Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

Fighting

[Taylor's POV]

I sat on the couch watching cartoons with the kids. I was waiting on LorrieBeth to arrive so she could take them to the park for a picnic lunch and then to get some ice cream before heading home. She's been working for us for a few weeks now. She's great. She's always there when we need her, no matter what it is. She and I have become really good friends too. I'm so glad we hired her. I don't know what I'd do without her.

I had no idea where Natalie was. She didn't come home last night. She called at about 3 o'clock this morning and said she wouldn't be home. She never said where she was going though. The kids threw a fit when they woke up this morning. They miss their mommy. I miss their mommy.

I had called LorrieBeth while the kids ate breakfast and she had calmed them down and then suggested today's events.

I don't know what's going on with Natalie, but I'm going to find out. I'm going to be doing some work at home today so I'll wait around for her.

Ding dong

That must be LorrieBeth.

I laughed as Penelope, Ezra, and River ran excitedly and giggling to the front door. Opening it wide, it revealed LorrieBeth on the doorstep. She smiled at the kids and River jumped into her arms.

I smiled at her. She looked great. Her hair was up in a ponytail which swung down her shoulders. She had on a pair of lowrise jeans that hugged her curves and a v-neck white blouse.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

They all nodded enthusiastically.

"Okay well let's go! You never want to miss an opportunity to be happy!"

I looked up at her and found her looking right at me instead of the kids. I nodded to her and watched them go. Sitting back down on the couch, I waited for Natalie to come home.

I sighed, looking over at my desk that sat against the wall in the next room. I should be doing that stack of paperwork right now. There's no way that's getting done today. I'm too worried about Natalie.

The front door opened, and speak of the devil, Natalie walked through. She looked aweful. She had dark circles under her eyes. She looked.... pale. Almost ghost-like. And when did she get so thin?

I stood up as she closed the door behind her.

She looked at me, confused.

"What's that look for?" she asked.

I apparently had a scowl on my face.

"Where've you been Natalie?"

"Out."

I sighed in frustration, "I know that, but out where? Doing what? And with who?"

"It's none of your damn business!"

"The hell it isn't my business! You're my wife Natalie, and I'm your husband. I deserve to know what's going on."

"Where are my kids?"

"Those are my kids too. They're out with LorrieBeth."

"They're always with her. Why are they always with her?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE NEVER HOME."

"Do NOT yell at me, Taylor."

"You still haven't answered my question, Nat. Where have you been?"

"At the club."

"All night?"

"I stayed at a friend's house last night."

"Is this friend a woman?"

"Of course she is, Taylor. I'm not cheating. Unlike you. You're probably fucking LorrieBeth behind my back. I see the way you look at her. That whore. I can't believe I talked you into hiring her."

I took a step back, I felt like I'd been slapped in the face.

"How dare you say that to me, and how dare you speak about her like that. You will not speak about her or anyone else like that."

Her eyes wandered around the room, almost like she'd forgotten we were talking.

"Natalie what is wrong with you?"

She smiled, "I'm sorry, what?"

She shrugged off her jacket, and in the crook of her arm where her elbow bent, there were track marks.

I felt my knees buckle and I fell to the couch. My wife was doing drugs. My Natalie.

I looked up into her pale face.

"I saw the marks, Natalie. You can't stay here. You can't be around our children doing things like that."

"You can't kick me out. I live here too."

"I believe I just did."

She looked at me in disbelief.

"Pack your things and leave."

She started to protest, but then she saw the look on my face. She saw anger and hatred.

"Get yourself cleaned up, and then I'll think about letting you come home."

Natalie put her jacket back on, and left without even packing a bag, nearly tripping over herself and slamming the door behind her.

I wrapped my arms around myself and hung my head, resting it on my knee. I tried to fight them back, but they refused to listen to me. Tears began falling from my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment this chapter or i'll delete the story.

thanks :)