Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

A Big Happy Family.

LorrieBeth's POV]

I was currently driving the kids to the park for a picnic lunch. I was almost there when I suddenly realized that I hadn't grabbed a blanket to sit on or the kids' special cups. I turned around and headed back to the Hanson residence.

Upon arriving, I turned to the kids and told them to stay put while I left the air on and locked the car. I ran up the stairs and opened the door, letting myself in.

"Taylor?" I called out.

I heard some shuffling in the next room. I walked curiously into the room as Taylor jumped up.

"LorrieBeth, what are you doing here?" he sniffed, wiping his eye.

He sounded like he had been crying. I looked closer at his face. His cheeks were wet, his nose running, and his eyes were bloodshot. His eyelashes were sticking together from tears.

"I came back for a blanket and the kids' cups. Taylor....are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine."

I looked at him hard. After a few minutes he sighed.

"No, I just had to kick Natalie out." He collapsed onto the couch, fresh tears spilling down his cheeks. I ran to the couch and put my arms around him, rubbing his back.

"Oh, baby, what happened?" I asked, my voice concerned.

He sobbed into my shirt before mumbling something.

"What?"

He pulled back so I could hear him. "I said, she was doing drugs."

He motioned towards the crook of his arm, "I saw... track marks.

I pulled him back to me and sighed, wrapping my arms tightly around him, holding him as close to myself as I could.

"If you want me to stay here for a couple of days, I will."

He pulled back and looked at me, his face a few inches from mine. He stared into my eyes.

"You would do that for me?"

"Of course, I would, Taylor. I care about you."

He leaned in a little closer, his lips dangerously close to mine. I could feel his breath on my mouth. He leaned in farther, the distance between us closing.

"Daddy?"

We both jumped up from the couch.

"Penny, what are you doing out of the car?" Taylor asked his only daughter.

"What's wrong, Daddy? Why are you crying?" she asked, looking a little upset as she walked over to her father.

Taylor picked her up and held her close.

"Daddy's just a little sad. But, everything will be okay." He set her back on the floor.

"Why don't you go get your cups and a blanket."

"Okay, Daddy." Penelope ran towards her bedroom to get a blanket before turning back around, "I love you."

"I love you too, sweetheart."

When Penny had left the room, I put my arms back around Taylor and pulled him into a gentle hug. He rested his head on my shoulder

"We'll be back soon, Tay.... and I'm serious about staying here. I'll stop by my place and pick up some things on the way back from the park. Okay?"

He nodded into my shoulder and slipped his arms around my waist, holding me tightly. Almost like he was afraid to let me go.

"It's okay," I whispered, "I'll be back soon."

I kissed him gently on the cheek before pulling back from him and smiling. I reached up towards his face and wiped away the tears that had formed in his eyes. I squeezed his hand before going to get Penny.

I found her in her room, cups and blanket in hand. I picked her up and put her on my hip. I smiled one more time at Taylor on the way out.

He looks so... fragile.

[Taylor's POV]

I wiped the tears from my eyes as I watched LorrieBeth drive away towards the park.

Once again, she is my savior. I hate that she had to see me looking so... fragile.

I went to my room and lay down on the bed. I snuggled into the sheets, all I want to do is go to sleep. Maybe when I wake up, I'll realize all of this was a dream.

A few hours later, I woke up to LorrieBeth's face looking down at me. The sun was going down and the rays were shining through the window. She looked like an angel. My angel. She must have been sent here to keep me sane.

"Hey sleepyhead." She said to me, gently touching my face. I looked over to see an overnight bag sitting against the wall.

"Thank you." I whispered to her. "For everything... For being here. For taking care of me."

She leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I'd do anything for you, Tay."

And in that moment, I believed she would. She would probably jump in front of a moving car for me. Why is she so good to me? Why doesn't she look down on me? Why does she care so much? Why does she not blame me for Natalie doing drugs?

As if she could read my mind, LorrieBeth whispered, "It's not your fault, Taylor.... now get up. I made dinner."

I got up and followed her into the kitchen. My jaw nearly dropped when I saw everything. I've never seen this much food in my life.

"I didn't know what you wanted, so I made everything."

She sure did. I looked around, there were potatoes, burgers, spaghetti, french fries, pancakes, salad, tacos....

I put my arm around her, "You're amazing."

"I know." She said, smiling.

I walked into the dining room, the kids were already seated at the table and were digging in.

I sat in my seat at the head of the table, and LorrieBeth sat at the other end, across from me. I looked at her as I took a sip from my drink. She looked back at me, staring into my eyes. "Thank. You." I mouthed.

She nodded her head and bent down to help River eat his food. It reminded me of when it was just me, Natalie, and Ezra. Natalie used to help him eat just like that. It's one of the reasons I fell in love with her, she cared so much about me... all she wanted to do was have my baby, so she could take care of us.

What happened to her?

Why can't she be more like the smiling woman sitting at the end of my table?

Why can't she be like LorrieBeth?

I just want to have a big happy family again.
♠ ♠ ♠
no comment = no story.

eh, i know its not that good.
i was in a hurry typing it.

but, if you would comment anyway, that'd make me happy.