Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

Hurt.

[Taylor's POV]

I woke up the next morning to the joyful sounds of laughter coming from the living room. Dragging myself out of bed, I made my way into the room. I plopped down on the couch and looked over to where the kids were sitting on the floor.

LorrieBeth was playing with them all, taking turns grabbing one and tickling them before letting them go. I smiled to myself. She's so good to me.

My kids love her so much already. I know I'd just hate to see her leave. But, I also know she can't stay with me forever. She has a life outside of all this drama.

I looked back over to see LorrieBeth watching me.

"What?" I asked.

"You know that you're in your boxers, right?"

I looked down and noticed that the only thing I was wearing, besides one sock, were my boxers. I crossed my ankles and struck a pose.

"I know. I'm advertising the new Victoria Secret lingerie line for men."

She laughed as a slight blush filled her cheeks. Gah I love her laugh. It's like music. She's so cute when she blushes.

The sound of the door opening distracted me from my thoughts. I looked up, expecting one of my brothers. I was totally and completely wrong.

The one who walked through the door sent my perfect-family-moment crashing down.

Natalie.

"Nat, why are you here?" I asked, standing up from the couch.

"I live here. And I should be the one asking questions. Why are you wearing only your boxers with her in the room?" She jabbed a finger in LorrieBeth's direction, "and what the hell is she doing here this early in the morning anyway?"

"She stayed here last night."

Natalie's eyebrows raised, "I knew it. I knew you were fucking her."

"NATALIE!" I screamed, I lowered my voice, "our children are in the room... and I've never cheated on you. I also told you not to come back here unless you were clean... and from the looks of those fresh track marks and those gigantic pupils of your's... you aren't clean. Leave."

"You can not kick me out of my house."

"I did it yesterday and I'm doing it again today."

"Fine. Let me get some stuff first."

Natalie went into the bedroom and the door slammed behind her. I looked over at LorrieBeth, still sitting on the floor with the kids.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that." I said, shaking my head.

She stood up from the floor and crossed the room over to me, "Don't worry about it, Tay." She put her arm around my waist, pulling me into a hug.

The bedroom door opened as soon as I put my arms around LorrieBeth's shoulders.

"And you're not fucking her?" Natalie asked, rolling her eyes. "Whatever, I don't care anymore. Fuck who you want."

Natalie walked to the front door with a bag full of her stuff in one hand, she paused, other hand on the door. "I want a divorce." she said before opening the door and walking out.

[LorrieBeth's POV]

What the hell was that?

Why does she want to divorce Taylor?

Taylor should be the one divorcing her!

I went over to the kids, "I think you three should go play in Penny's room for a while."

"Okay, MommaBeth." The three children that I'd grown to love as my own over the past few weeks got up from the floor and shuffled into Penny's room, closing the door behind them.

I looked over at Taylor. There were so many different emotions playing on his face. First I saw shock and then hurt.

I hated that look on his face.

It made me sick.

After a few more moments, I could see the tears form in the corner of his blue eyes. I felt my heart break. I hate this for him. I really do.

I crossed the room once again and pulled Taylor into my arms, putting my hands on his bare back. I reached one hand up and put it on the back of his head, stroking his hair.

He was silent, but I could tell he was crying. The wetness on my shoulder told me that much.

"Taylor, look at me." I said, pulling back from him, but keeping my hand on his hip.

He looked at me and the pain in his eyes stabbed through my body. Whatever part of my heart that was whole before, shattered.

I placed my hand on his cheek, running my thumb over his skin and wiped away the tears.
"This is for the best, sweetheart. You know that. All she's done is hurt you. She's a danger to the kids."

"I know. I just don't know how it came to this. I feel like it's all my fault."

"TAY!" I screamed, almost slapping him. "How dare you even think that it's your fault. This is Natal-"

My words were interupted by Taylor's lips crahsing down on mine. His hands were on my face, holding me in place so I couldn't pull away.

The truth is, I didn't want to pull away. Against my better judgement, I kissed him back.

I didn't realize it before now, but I've wanted him to kiss me all along. This is what I want. But, it's so wrong. His wife just told him she wanted a divorce and now, I'm kissing him.

I pressed myself against his body and deepened the kiss, throwing all thoughts of this being wrong out of the window.

His tongue licked at my bottom lip, asking for permission to enter. I gave him permission, tasting his mouth and loving every minute of it.

I moved my hand to his chest, brushing my fingers over the thin layer of hair that lay there. He shuddered and a soft moan eminated from his throat.

He pulled away slightly, breathing heavily and looked into my eyes. He smiled and pressed his lips to mine once again, giving me another quick kiss.

"This is wrong." I said.

"I don't care." He answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
my co-writer helped a bit on this chapter.

<3 thanks to her.

comment the chapter or no more chapters.

<3 thanks to my readers.