I'll Never Be What You Need.

The End.

Mikey shoved his books in his locker quickly and shrugged his bag over his shoulder, beginning to walk out toward the front on the school. Frank was picking him up today, and he couldn't be more excited. It had been three days since he'd returned, and every second had been heaven. They spent almost all of their time together and couldn't help but feel liberated that Linda now knew their secret.

Finally, he got to the front of the school. He immediately began scanning the lot for Frank's car, but was distracted by a hand on his chest.

He looked down to see Frank's friend, Alicia, peering up at him. "Um, Alicia?" he asked.

"Hey, Mikey," she grinned. "How are you?"

"I'm okay..." he trailed off, still looking at the parking lot before him. "What are you doing here?"

"There's something I have to tell you," she stated.

He turned his head and looked at her. "Okay... what is it?" he quesioned.

Alicia took a breath. "I love you," she informed him.

"Alicia, you know I'm gay," he replied. He was kind of uncertain if that was true or not. Frank was the only person he'd ever been with, and Frank was a guy, so that must mean he's gay, right?

She smiled. "I don't think you really are, Mikey. I think there's a part of you that wants to know what it's like," she replied.

"Wants to know what what's like?"

"This," she whispered, pressing their lips together in a kiss.

Her lips are big, was the first though that came through his mind. The kiss was really weird. He didn't feel anything. It was like locking lips with a brick wall. He applied pressure to her lips, trying to get anything out of this. He was testing himself.

It was awful, to say the least. He pushed Alicia away gently, wiped his mouth and said, "I have a boyfriend." He began to walk away and into the parking lot, searching for Frank's car.

"Mikey! Wait!" Alicia called after him.

He ignored her, looking around. He finally spotted it at the very end of the lot, and he walked over to the passenger side and got in. "Hey," he said.

Frank was gripping the steering wheel, a grimace on his face. "Hey," he replied tightly. He didn't even look at him. He put the car into gear and backed out of the space, still not looking at Mikey.

"What's wrong?" Mikey asked.

Frank scoffed. "Oh, like you don't know," he sneered.

Blinking, Mikey started to feel his blood boiling. "If I did, then I wouldn't be asking you, would I?" he snapped.

"I saw you," Frank replied heatedly.

Mikey fell silent for a moment. "Frank, it wasn't my fault. I know how shitty that sounds, but it's true."

"Really? So your lips magically glued themselves to hers?" Frank demanded. As he continued to drive, he gripped the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were white.

"No. She kissed me. She told me she loved me." Mikey said the last sentence quietly.

"And you just let her kiss you?!" Frank was trying to be calm about the whole situation; really, he was, but he couldn't help it. He'd never felt so betrayed.

"I told her gay, and she kissed me anyway. I kissed back; I'm not going to lie. She was right. I wanted to know what it was like," Mikey replied.

"And? How was it? Was it magical?"

"No, I hated it!" Mikey clenched his fists. Now Frank was just being an asshole.

"Did not," Frank mumbled, sounding incredibly insecure.

"I did! I hated it! For fuck's sake, Frank! When are you going to get it?!" Mikey questioned heatedly.

"Get what?!" Frank shot back, stopping at a red light.

"That I love you!" Mikey exclaimed.

Frank was still for a while. For as long as he could remember, he could never handle any one he dated telling him that they loved him. But now, he didn't feel that way. He bit his lip, put the car into park, and lunged over the center consol to kiss Mikey squarely on the lips.

That wasn't the reaction Mikey expected. He really hadn't even meant to say it. It just sort of slipped out, but he'd meant every word. He did love Frank. He owed him everything. He brought him out of his shell and showed him the world through new eyes. He was afraid to think of where he'd be if you didn't have Frank. He melted into Frank's body and allowed his lips to flow with his.

They heard car horns beeping, and they pulled away from each other, a little out of breath. People were going around them and giving them the finger.

Frank rolled down his window and leaned his head out. "Fuck you!" he shouted. "Haven't you ever been in love?!"

Mikey giggled. It was just like Frank to do something like that.

Frank cranked his window back up and looked at Mikey grinning. "Hey," he said.

"Hi," Mikey replied.

Frank put the car back into gear and took Mikey's hand. They continued to drive to Barnes and Noble, smiling the whole way. When they got out of the car, Frank took both of Mikey's wrists, gently lifted the sleeves to reveal the pale skin, and kissed the scars that lingered there. "In case you were wondering, I love you too."

Mikey smiled, probably wider than he ever had before. He leaned in to kiss Frank, not caring that his scars were being exposed to the world. With Frank, he no longer felt ugly. He felt like he could be what Frank needed. That was a feeling that he never wanted to let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. Okay. So this is my first/last update of this of 2009. Hmm. I'm really pathetic. I totally understand if you don't even read this. I don't deserve it. I'm sorry for such a long wait.

So it's over. My first slash is over. No sequel, sorry. I think it's pretty complete the way it is. Hope you enjoyed it.