Saint Vanity

VIII

I closed my eyes wishing for anything! maybe i could like sing a Queen song with a box a chocolates. YA like 'somebody to love' that way i could just say i was drunk and i was singing queen i just so happened to be in the neighborhood a.k.a your house....

"Sid?" Gilly stuck her head out the window. she was fully clothes. (just my luck) and there was no other chick in there....(double bummer) "What are u doing?"

seemed an innocent question i mean i was in her yard under her window. with a nose bleed. But the nose bleed was understandable. the rest however....

"Well I-I um, well its a....a...long s-story and I-I huh." Oh fuck. ".................find me somebody to love find me somebody to love!" I can't believe it. I wasn't singing that bad. And that i was SINGING. "Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet "

Gilly cocked her head and smiled. She liked it. I smiled a little too. I mean how often do you think perfectly sober guys sing Queen before your window. Just me I suppose and those guys in chick flicks. They are paid to do that though.

"Take a look in the mirror and cry
Lord what you're doing to me
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!
Somebody, somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

I ended in a perfect Freddie mercury pose. and some jazz fingers, Or what ever it is those people call moving fingers around.

Laughing erupted from Gilly she was rolling all over the window sill.
Did I look that stupid...well that was a dumb question of course i looked stupid i was singing in front of someone's bedroom window. with a nose bleed of course.

Gilly wiped her eye as if she was crying it was so funny.
"Sid your so funny."

That's it no thank you, no 'you made my life' or even a 'get the hell off my lawn you pervert!' nope not even the pervert line she just started closing up her window and yelled.
"Good-night Sid."

So i walked home. avoiding contact with my Dad and his play boy channel and ran straight to my room and took a bunch of comics and a blanket. I found a roll of twenties in my sock drawer and brought that to. Ran upstairs and out my door and then dad paused his show and turned around.

"Where ya going slugger?"
my dad was one of those men who could never keep a girl friend. But if i was a girl coming to our house i don't think I would be to intrigued by the thought of a never ending playboy channel, (that's like filled with ugly chicks no doubt) and Dad calling his high school son: 'Slugger' its a little unattractive.

"Out."

"when ya gonna come back?"

Frankly i'm not sure. When ever Kennedy wants me too i guess.

"I dunno."

"just don't come back with a pregnant girl OK?"
that was dads slap at being funny with complete seriousness. he honestly thinks I'm sleeping around. which is a very awkward assumption but my excuse for going out all the time is dates.
and Dad would say: When do i get to meet her slugger? huh, when?
and I'd always say: when you turn off the Playboy channel dad.

That would shut him up real nice. I think he's addicted to ugly playmates. That's gross. come on Dad.

So I run out my shitty house and down the street and cross some yards and got to Kennedy's. I got inside and everyone was waiting.
"Your late." Kennedy grumbled. I heard what she said about leaving who ever was late behind but I guess. Kennedy was in a terrible mood.

"Funniest thing guys, did you hear somone singing Queen like 15 minuets ago?" Todd asked.
I just shrugged.
"Ya and they weren't that bad."